Adios to full time playing!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mattb

Adios to full time playing!

Post by Mattb »

I've been saying it for a while, and the day has finally arrived. Someone has offered me something worthwhile enough, which i've accepted, and finally got myself out of the full time game after 6 long years.

I'm going to be a right hand man in an expanding local cake & dessert company. I feel pretty happy the boss of the company has created this post just for me (it wasn't what I applied for) solely on meeting me, and therefore have good chances of moving up as time goes on (providing I do well, and the company has more success, which I think it will).
Starting wage is a more than acceptable £1100-£1200 per month, with scope to increase. With 7am starts and 3:30pm finishes Monday-Friday i'll no doubt carry on playing a few things here and there and some weekends to hopefully make myself an extra £500+ odd a month to top up those wages. 8)

I've taken this decision on my hunch that now is the right time to think about jacking it in, who knows what the future holds in full time playing? It could well carry on being as good as ever, but personally i think we've reached the top of the hill, and it's a descent downwards now. Good luck to everyone still involved. I'll still be about, you can take the player out of the game, but you can't take the game out of the player! Been doing it too long to drop it completely, but I can't think of too many better ways to supplement a decent wage into something much better! :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Good Luck to you mate, everyone is different, if this is the right thing for you then all the best :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Collect Bakers Dozen (you know the rest). Good luck.
Roulette free since December 2011.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Yeah good luck...but aren't you making a fair bit more than this per month on fruits?

Also out of interest did you tell him what you'd been doing for work over the last few years?
Bored of the grind.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Probably not to be honest, with the mrs and all now, I don't play too much really.....lost my total dedication I had 3-5 years ago as my priorities have changed :) If I was single, i'd probably be at it hammer and tongs still! It'd be nice to walk straight into a £1500+ a month job, but i've got to be realistic.

I've had a small part time job at a school for the last 3 years, so I don't have a massive CV gap....plus they weren't overly bothered to be honest!
I'm just after a stable job, income, pension, and a plan for the future so I can get married and settle down. I don't see playing full time as my permanent future, and the mrs certainly doesn't! 8)
harry2

Post by harry2 »

If you are a bit savvy it wont take long to work your way up the career ladder. It's other people I feel sorry for, who can hardly read or write, that will, in all probability never have a job above a fast food place or stacking shelves.
Roulette free since December 2011.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Good luck Matt, them 7am starts are gonna be a hit to the system for ya.

You a Dab hand at baking or is it the sales side of things your being taken on board for ?
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Congrats m8

justr remember to go to the place of work for 7am not Spoons :-)
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Good luck mate all the best.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Good luck mate all the best.
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Good luck Matt and well done.

I hope everything works out for you.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I need to know how to make all the things they produce in case I'm needed basically. I'm good enough with food related things, got an A at GCSE in it, so i'll be fine in that regard! Mainly the more business side of things for me though, which is better as I can get more involved and hopefully move up as time goes by.

It's going to be tough getting up at 6am every day after a few years of getting up when I want for most of the time! Shock to the system! :!:
mjd

Post by mjd »

Hope it Works out for you Matt :)
boom
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

Good luck fella Do*h :D
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

New job shoukd bring home the dough. No pun intended.
Aww, how'd you feel?!