I played pool in a dirty, horible, rat-infested hole....

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ma71lda

I played pool in a dirty, horible, rat-infested hole....

Post by ma71lda »

...of a pub tonight and in the corner they had a Red Gaming Aftershock!!! :shock:

I thought it'd pay for my night and then some, but alas, £3 for a board, lower than an 11 and the number reel didn't even spin and I died. Erm....I'll pass thanks.

Drank Coke for the rest of the night while the skanks drank cans of Carling and smoked indoors, then I went in-off the black. Nice.

I used to have to play in some dodgy dives on my travels but this place was just vile.

Aftershock - released in 2000, makes me feel old.

Just thought I'd share that nugget of info lol. :D
BFK

Post by BFK »

Yeah I've played in some right shitholes when playing darts.

One pub openly admitted they had no draft lager and were selling cans instead, as compensation they would let u smoke inside!!! Another pub has also allowed smoking.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

I still have a Vivid Quick On The Draw in my area, which I've been playing almost every week for 10 years!
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I played a C4 in a pub, the landlord was smoking behind the bar and there was people sitting at the bar drinking cans of special brew. And this pub was in a town center. The pub has now shut down again.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I know of several pubs that smoke during opening hours, anyone know what sort of punishment you would get for this? (not that i'm a grass) + Usually at 11.30 the curtains shut and the ash trays come out, i don't know how i ever managed to stay in smokey boozers years ago, now i can't be in the same room!
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

True, for all you oldies, Roy Castle, who presented Record Breakers, was a trumpeter, got cancer from passive smoke in those old smoky jazz clubs. I've worked in bars, and you used to come home and absolutely stink of tobacco smoke.
Roulette free since December 2011.
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

I used to have a chipped Cluedo in a similar style place. Did it twice then never came back....Staff polite and never said a word about winning....but the dang place had a score of fleas! I walked out itching like a harpee :(