Bad music in pubs.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
paragoon

Bad music in pubs.

Post by paragoon »

All I ever seem to hear is Robbie Williams, James Blunt and worst of all James Fecking Morrison. He really seems to be on everywhere all the time. If I'm playing during the day I've started putting my ipod on when some shit like Angels or that dreadful Blunt song about 'three wise men in a semi by the sea' comes on. Puts me off. :x
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I can't stand that noisy feckin DJ in the nights when I am trying to smash a fruity, it drives me nuts, or when a footy match is on and everything is quiet and then all of a sudden everyone starts screaming out the blue and I shit myself. :x
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Stevie S wrote:I can't stand that noisy feckin DJ in the nights when I am trying to smash a fruity, it drives me nuts, or when a footy match is on and everything is quiet and then all of a sudden everyone starts screaming out the blue and I shit myself. :x
Do you smash it like Richard Keys? :lol:
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I used to like the song "Those Were The Days" as sang by Mary Hopkin, until I started to drink in a local public house near to me (this was some years ago).

They had that very song on an old tape player or something, that was recorded both sides, and played in an endless loop, all day.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I hope that's not the one I think it is blackmogu, does it go, those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day??
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

We'd live the the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
for we were young and sure to have our way
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oh, I'm so scared.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

aaaaaaaaaarhhhhggghh !!! Noooooooo !!!
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

blackmogu wrote:aaaaaaaaaarhhhhggghh !!! Noooooooo !!!
:lol:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Do you smash it like Richard Keys?
That 'phrase' has become legendary within my office. Heh-heh! Along with 'Do me a favour... ...Love!' :o ops: :roll: :lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Have you ever noticed that in the Nintendo Wii advert "At home with the Redknapps", he encourages his young son to "smash it". :lol:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UerNV32BXCs
ming

Post by ming »

i was in a pub in wales a few years ago and it was moody as hell and all the locals were talking about me and the bloke i was with, he is nearly 30 years older than me and looked like mr burns but i couldnt drive at the time so there wasnt alot of choice.
i asked him to put some music on the jukebox while i emptied the cops and robbers,
he put on 'rubber ball' and 'hey mr postman' and he wasnt joking either - i could have killed him
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I was in one of my locals not too long ago and it was full of kids from round my area thinking they were solid so I rolled up to the duke box and stuck this on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

They took it well to be fair!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ah, Fotherz, that is fantastic! lol
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

Erm is this thread in the right section?
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

kingzilla wrote:Erm is this thread in the right section?
Moderators use the "double standards" rule on threads like this.
It's just life, get over it.

On a related note, I got verbaly abused by some Hairy Dyke in a local pub when I put Sabrina on the Video Jukebox some years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiuHdUkuRi0

Her "sexist pig bastard" comment was countered by "yep; but have you seen the tits on that?"
Oh, I'm so scared.