DOND questions and an idea

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Max

DOND questions and an idea

Post by Max »

Ok chaps. Havent posted anything for a while, but have three things to discuss:

1) I was in spoons yesterday afternoon and a technician was in sorting out the lights or something on a DOND Gold. When he had finished all of the pots had been reset. Is this allowed. The chances of all 3 pots being taken before he started his work is pretty unlikely. So presumably they have pocketed all the pots? Can someone clear this up?

2) OK I live in Surrey and have been doing pretty well on the DONDs which have the cashpots. The % return stated on the machines is between about 78% and 84%. However considering a certain amount of each £1 is contributed to the cashpot everytime you put a £1 in, is the % stated actually accurate. OK, the cashpots are seperate pots, but they are not available to win on every board, so are you not getting short changed on your % return? Does that make sense to everyone?

3) Now this is a new idea I want to put out there. I will screenshot and timestamp the forum as proof this is an idea I have thought of albeit for open discussion.

I work for a market research company and know the industry quite well. Does anyone know the actual method of testing behind closed doors at the manufacturers? I know they put some machines on test locations but how much actual play goes on before it is released. presumably quite alot, and most done by machine.

My idea however is that research, or market data, can be bought and sold like everything else. Whilst it may rub a few people up the worng way on here, feedback to the manufacturers on their products is usually very important and a comodity which can not be easily provided wihtout anyone doing the actual work. Now we lot do all the work out in the wild and will get to know machines pretty much inside out after a few months of play. Maunfacturer's might know their market share of the AWP industry by data provided by the distributers, but 1) they dont know why they have that share nad 2) they dont know what drives a player play their machines 3) they will need feedback on improving their programs and altering their playing styles as we move on through the years (who these days sees machine with the pub/arcade/racecourse option on?)

So in short my idea is to set up a system where by people can report back on what machines they play, why they play them, what prompted them to take certain features, does a machine control which pub you go to etc.

I'd like to hear some constructive feedback. I know a few will totally oppose this as it may jeopodise their income but someone will set this up at some point or other.

<Idea proposed by user 'max' on 5/3/11>
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

hi max, you make some good points in your post.

bellfruit before they release a machine out of the "factory" test the program on bench, and then have play testers also in their "factory" the dream factory lol.

on a serious note, a new machine once being made is given to the testers for 5 days in the "factory" one person will play the new machine, lets take HOF as an example.

the 1st person will play it one way, for example just going for force's/refusals/ect.

the 2nd person, will play as a normal everyday punter will play collecting normal wins like £5 wins ect, you know the run of the mill play ect.

the 3rd will play as somebody that knows machines and trys to manipulate his/her machine at the time of playing.

the 4th person will play like an absolute donkey.

the 5th person will play like a pro, trying to find out the rips or possible emptys on a machine, but dont take this lightly, as we all know, programmers/testers often "overlook" certain issues/glitches and sell the info.

when the 5 people have worked 5 days/8 hours a day playing the same machine, then it goes out on test to the general public/players and people of all walks of life.

all the info and data that has been created by the play testers at bellfruit is analysed over a period of time, and then when a machine comes back from your local wetherspoons for example, is also checked against what their play testers data created and if theirs an issue, that for whatever reason can not be resolved or maybe too costly. they pull the machine, hence why you get failed machines when they have been out on test.

they strip the program chips out of it, change the glass and then build a new machine. hope this helps a bit
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

I honestly don't believe there is a truly accurate way to make a standard AWP play to the stated percentages. I believe this is why some games can be exposed and some can't...

I also believe that this is already so boring that I'm falling asleep but rest assured, er... never mind.

Fucking horses!

Goodnight!

(Sorry for bad language but I'm gutted about today's tips). :(
To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

The JPMs showed the target percentage and current percentage payout. These figures must have been miles apart on Arcadia.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

logopolis wrote:The JPMs showed the target percentage and current percentage payout. These figures must have been miles apart on Arcadia.
Poor machine...It tried....
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

why on earth would we want to improve their playtesting methods?
messiah

Re: DOND questions and an idea

Post by messiah »

Max wrote: So in short my idea is to do some market research
<Idea proposed by user 'max' on 5/3/11>
:roll:
Master of Games

Why can't they just make fucking hopper dump codes? I'm sick of playing and its just very simple, the machine's either been dumped or it hasn't!
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

Master of Games wrote:Why can't they just make fucking hopper dump codes? I'm sick of playing and its just very simple, the machines either been dumped or it hasn't!
They have in past
Master of Games

The past's no good to me, I mean now - before Cheltenham starts!!! :wink:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

ben twilly wrote:hi max, you make some good points in your post.

bellfruit before they release a machine out of the "factory" test the program on bench, and then have play testers also in their "factory" the dream factory lol.

on a serious note, a new machine once being made is given to the testers for 5 days in the "factory" one person will play the new machine, lets take HOF as an example.

the 1st person will play it one way, for example just going for force's/refusals/ect.

the 2nd person, will play as a normal everyday punter will play collecting normal wins like £5 wins ect, you know the run of the mill play ect.

the 3rd will play as somebody that knows machines and trys to manipulate his/her machine at the time of playing.

the 4th person will play like an absolute donkey.

the 5th person will play like a pro, trying to find out the rips or possible emptys on a machine, but dont take this lightly, as we all know, programmers/testers often "overlook" certain issues/glitches and sell the info.

when the 5 people have worked 5 days/8 hours a day playing the same machine, then it goes out on test to the general public/players and people of all walks of life.

all the info and data that has been created by the play testers at bellfruit is analysed over a period of time, and then when a machine comes back from your local wetherspoons for example, is also checked against what their play testers data created and if theirs an issue, that for whatever reason can not be resolved or maybe too costly. they pull the machine, hence why you get failed machines when they have been out on test.

they strip the program chips out of it, change the glass and then build a new machine. hope this helps a bit
How do you know this is how the manufacturers work? This sounds like it's all speculation to me.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

hi stevie s, i just know. :wink:
Max

Post by Max »

thanks for the replies. I would have thoguht they would ahve done more than that inhouse to be honest
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

read the reply a little more.... and you'll see your answer