Worst hotels

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Worst hotels

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

What are the worst hotels you have stayed in whilst on a slotting trip?

I stayed in The Spa Hotel in Darlington last night. The room was so cold, it was either haunted by an Eskimo, or I had unintentionally walked into the fridge.

The shower had a habit of going hot and cold, and had the tap/handle located in such a way that when you turned to wash your back, you knocked it and either scalded or froze your shoulders, depending on which direction you turned around.

And because the shower head was forty years old and worn away, water shot out from all directions and soaked the towel eight feet away on the towel heater.

The owner was an old hag who was a cross between Rose West and the woman from the film "Misery", and with a voice like one of those German prisoner of war camp officers.

"ZIS ISS YOUR ROOM, NOW GET IN AND DO NOT COME OUT OF THERE UNTIL ZERO EIGHT HUNDRED HOURS! AND ALL ESCAPEES VILL BE SHOT!"

Any others?
Scott

Post by Scott »

The Villa Bella, that Mrs Cresswell sleeps in a coffin :shock:
Cobwebs 👆
Scott

Post by Scott »

Double, sorry :o ops:
Cobwebs 👆
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Nice topic..

Whats the scrufy hotel in london called? £20 a night job.
And why isit that travel lodge always turn down players, "sorry mate were chock block" when there are 6 cars in the carpark. they must hate players. also what is the most people have spent on a room?
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I always stick to Premier Inns where ever I go, the all you can eat breakies are top dog for me. I never travel to slot though, I don't understand why people need to anyway because their are tons of pubs etc in my area and by the time all my machines are chipped I guarantee you won't be finding any workers anywhere else.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i remember when i was ment to go to a liverpool away game with a mate in wigan,my other mate came along for a ride as we were having a look at a few things before the game,i met an old flame and ended up sacking off the game and staying up there for a night in a hotel,cant remeber the name of the pub/hotel,but the pub was a dive and the rooms were unreal,heater didnt work,the shower was either freezing cold or boiling hot,plug sockets didnt work,and the room was on the main high street neat the station so got woke up at stupid o'clock,pretty sure me and a mate stayed in folkestone in kent for a night and ravked up a 160 quid bill,always stay in holiday inn's when im on the road now cant go wrong
i got more routes than loreal
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Travel lodge are normaly dirty sheets ect, days inn hotel are good never had any problems with them.. stayd in the massive holiday inn in bristol. was nice. 70 odd quid for 2 of us.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

I found a B&B that I'm staying at tonight in Darlington and it's much better than the one last night, and half the price.

Telly is crap though. And looking round the room it looks a bit like a police cell . . . . Sink is lop-sided . . . Guaranteed the smoke detector doesn't work . . . Towel next to the sink has a stain on that looks like someone's wiped their arse on it.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

No, my mistake. No stain on the towel, it's just a shadow.
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

i just cracked up reading the original post! Thankfully the only hotels I've stayed in doing fruits were Travel Inns which aren't so bad. I've always got food poisoning when I arrive in them though.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

'Youv been grant mitcheled' just wondering were you are from mate? I don't live to far from darlo do you often go there?
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

titchno1 wrote:'Youv been grant mitcheled' just wondering were you are from mate? I don't live to far from darlo do you often go there?
Pm'd
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Good descriptive post there George.

I've just noticed a crease in the ceiling that I'm quite sure wasn't there earlier. And I just caught a whiff off egg, either there's an all-night cafe nearby or the Landlady has farted through the air-vent.
Scott

Post by Scott »

We stayed in the Hen and Chickens, Sheffield many years ago, rough as!
Cobwebs 👆
AMK

Post by AMK »

Christ. By far the worst hotel I have stayed in has to be in Chelsea. It was really dirty and there wasn't any hot water between the hours of 8-10am lol.
... Join The Party!