Given Up Fruits/Online poker

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
john32

Given Up Fruits/Online poker

Post by john32 »

Every day, anoher player has given up playing fruit machines, more than half of us fruit machine players have started to play online poker.
I am not sure what it is about the game but i am sure there must be a good reason.
I know one fruit machine player who claims to of made $1,500000 just playing online texas holden for the past 4 years & he is still at it.
He said the best times were when he was making between $40,000 -
-$50,000 per month. He says these days the money is still there.
He said as long as you have atleast $10,000 in your account, thats all you need.
I myself admit to being rubbish at poker so i will not be giving up fruit machines for this reason. 8)
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

yeah, ok :roll:
harry2

Post by harry2 »

It's taken me three months to make $200 :wink:
Roulette free since December 2011.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

I know someone who plays poker for a living. Nice guy always loaded! Managed to cop a sneek at his pkr account he had over $200k in there. Nice work if you can get it......i've seen him win the big 2 torneys on bill hill in the space of 24hrs. His a proper grinder tho plays 3-4 days straight no probs
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I know a couple of six fugure players too.
FAR from typical though (sadly)
fruity777

Post by fruity777 »

Poker is a different ball game, different level. Takes more to be pro poker than a pro fruitmachine player. Still both have something in common that makes them exploitable.
fruity777

Post by fruity777 »

harry2 wrote:It's taken me three months to make $200 :wink:
That's great Harry, seems like your playing small for starters. Like what tray said be the tortoise rather that the hare and you will be fine. I recommend a HUD if you don't already have. Tournament indicator is a nice one.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

fruity777 wrote:
harry2 wrote:It's taken me three months to make $200 :wink:
That's great Harry, seems like your playing small for starters. Like what tray said be the tortoise rather that the hare and you will be fine. I recommend a HUD if you don't already have. Tournament indicator is a nice one.
Nope. When I up the stakes, the rake kills me. This is off $1 and $2 STTs and 6 player Omaha Hi/Lo. ROI is about 18% on 300 games. With a 1st in a 100 player MTT and a 1st in one of those mental super turbo $1 50 player MTT's where luck counts for everything thrown in.
Roulette free since December 2011.
fruity777

Post by fruity777 »

Thats is a good return harry. I wouldnt say im pro, but like you harry, jg. I had spell for a few months and up a few hundred of pounds. That's about 80% ROI over 1000+ games. Played mainly 6/10 player tournys 3/5/11$ buyins. Multi tabling is essential to make it worth the while. Luck is involved but as long as you stick to optimal play you will come out ahead. There are up and down swings, but bigger swings in your favour. Posistion play, trapping cards, understand how to get in cheap are few advance tips/key things you need to know/learn to have that extra bit of edge. As long as there are bad players out there then there is money on the table, you just need to learn how to get it.
fruity777

Post by fruity777 »

Being pro at poker, it's like having an emptier on a fruit, a complex one in fact that won't get chipped and has a bottomless hopper filled with pound coins. Takes time to take em out though. Nice thought don't you think, tough game to crack, discipline and patience is so needed.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

My brother is a supernova elite on pokerstars, and through rakeback alone(or the equivalent on stars) he makes a high 5 figure sum a year on that alone, so you only need to beat the rake to be profitable at high/nosebleed stakes, and for obvious reasons i'm not going to say who he is/what his username is so feel free to call me a liar if you want.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Playing online poker is balls!
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

I must say, I don't enjoy poker. I thought I'd have the patience since I play blackjack for hours on end online but I find poker very, very depressing. I agree there's a lot to it, its worth sticking with but I also think you've either got it or you haven't and I CLEARLY HAVEN'T! :roll:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Some guy I know well bored the fuckin pants off me the other night tellin me about the hands he had had on a cruise he was on :roll: He went on and on about what percent chance this hand was and how he knew this percentage was against him. 15%-33.3%-12%-77% :roll: The story ended with him not winning a fucking bean!
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Master of Games

Post by Master of Games »

They can go on about percentages until they're blue in the face! Simple fact is, there's serious levels of luck involved, especially on rare occasions when I play. I always get rivered or if I don't go for a risk it turns out I'd have won 95% of the time. Don't like the loudmouths who appear to be under the influence of self-love drugs, who seem to think they have a God-given right to win every hand because they're so cock-sure of themselves. You know its pretty easy to wind me up by now...