A trip to the lakes and a dodgy manager!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Stevie S

A trip to the lakes and a dodgy manager!

Post by Stevie S »

Just come back from a nice two day break in the lakes!! Got a lovely little hotel for £130 including breakfast for two nights with the girlfriend. the hotel was in the middle of nowhere so didn't really venture out anywhere. Anyway, on the fruit side of things, it had a £70 cluedo and a £5 mental money monsters. I had a little crack on the cluedo with no joy and got an IM on mmm for a £15 streak!! I don't know if this can be common on £5 Jackpots because I don't really play em much but it seems very good to me. The next morning I was outside with the girlfriend about to go on a walk when she asked me to get her some tissue for a runny nose. Now,the machines were right next to the gents in the bar area, so,as I turn the corner to the bog, shock of shocks, there's the manager with a big tub of coins hammering the cluedo machine!! It was obvious he was forcing the pot because he had the cash and feature sides on red close to the top. I thought "You dirty little bastard". I had an idea this was happening anyway because he took far too much of an interest everytime some one chucked a single quid in it. So, the moral of the story is don't ever bother playing machines in places where the manager has an obsession with them unless you have an emptier, and if you do, stand and watch the fucker change all the dirty £ coins into lovely, fresh notes. :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

A ready cluedo, a rare site.
Martal~Wombat

Re: A trip to the lakes and a dodgy manager!

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Stevie S wrote:Just come back from a nice two day break in the lakes!! Got a lovely little hotel for £130 including breakfast for two nights with the girlfriend. the hotel was in the middle of nowhere so didn't really venture out anywhere. Anyway, on the fruit side of things, it had a £70 cluedo and a £5 mental money monsters.
It wasn't in Tebay Penrith by any chance?
I stayed in a small hotel here a few years back, in a place called The Barnaby Rudge, a bit of a long shot, but i remember them having 1 full price jackpot and 1 five pounder, i know the lakes is a vast area, but the reason i asked was the similarity with the fruit-addicted manager lol
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

reply to pm:
Bloody hell, just googled that place, bit posher than the place i stayed lol
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

It is a nice place but it was only cheap and well worth a visit.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

What make is MMM? I can't say I've seen this in the wild but I know that Scorpion-based machines do like to repeat the £5 jp. Especially DOND 4-reeler and Monopoly Road to Riches (but normally awful to play).
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I never botherd to look, but I assume it is the same as road 2 riches etc because it is just a clone of all them.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

if he was forcing it for the top ??? ,,,,,,,,, then it would be ready for the rip as soon as he left it
Little discipline = BIG issue

clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

My thoughts exactly trayhop, presuming that me and you mean the same cluedo as the OP does of course.

When there used to be one in my local it got ripped for a (flat) top, then on the very next board (cost about 6 quid) it gave superhold for jackpot, so then we left it, than another lad walked into the place and went on it, got about 30 or maybe 40 in and it gave him a 70 as well.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Yeah clarkey, I've had easy pots like that myself on this machine mate. Something else that I looked out for when this machine was on it's arse (or at least appearing to be) was the red boxes on the super hold feature, it would give you a red feature and on a few occasions it gave me some quite high ones for a tastey little win. I did throw a few quid in the one at the hotel because I am an addict lol, but it was playing as flat as a fart so I fucked it off.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Exactly matey, proof that these can still go nuts even when getting ripped haha

Like you say tho, these are quite easy to read, a couple of boards that kill 2nd or 3rd gamble and you know its nicely comatose.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
BFK

Post by BFK »

clarkey1984 wrote:My thoughts exactly trayhop, presuming that me and you mean the same cluedo as the OP does of course.

When there used to be one in my local it got ripped for a (flat) top, then on the very next board (cost about 6 quid) it gave superhold for jackpot, so then we left it, than another lad walked into the place and went on it, got about 30 or maybe 40 in and it gave him a 70 as well.
They can run/streak from pots, rare but it does happen.

Ripped or not ripped, it's a credit/cycle thing.