How often do you do a machine?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

How often do you do a machine in an averagely busy pub?

Every day
13%
Every 2 days
21%
Every 3 days
33%
Every 4-7 days
21%
Every 1-2 weeks
13%

Total votes: 24

sir ratholer

How often do you do a machine?

Post by sir ratholer »

Title says it all...

Do you prefer leaving things a while between hits, or do you do it as often as is profitably possible? And do you think that doing it as often as possible makes it more ontop?

Obviously this is pretty much exclusively to those who play on a regular basis.
Bored of the grind.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

If you can do a very big area then once a week, but if you have to stay more local then 3days.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Depends really if its a fire pub you dont want to go in there so often, or if its a really sweet hit and no one knows about it, or your just doing it to make sure its burnt for other players?!?! hard to give a answer really
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

depends on pub, location, machine in question etc..... but usually not really around between routes for at least 5-7 days anyways
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

every 2-3 days for most machines these days ,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,, back in the days when there was more to play , more routes to do , and less players to worry about ,,,,,,,, then i would leave things weekly ,,,,,,,,,,

but with so many players now , carrying lists etc , means even your nook and cranny pubs arnt safe , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you have to hit things every cpl of days now
Little discipline = BIG issue

Scott

Post by Scott »

I usually judge a unit on the profit i make on it, so between 2 and 5 day is the norm, i did have the best Empire i've ever known a few weeks back, ready daily :)
Cobwebs 👆
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

on the SWP side, you need a lot more patience than that. mind you, all machines are (theoretically) equally profitable. even so, more than once a month is unthinkable, even in the thicko arms.
nobody ever wins on those things.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Once a month?

Christ u must travel!!
messiah

Post by messiah »

PMK wrote:Once a month?

Christ u must travel!!
That's the good thing about London, there are a hell of a lot of places within half an hour to an hour...

Doesn't explain why I always end in the same places that have been burned again and again....
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

You'll find a lot of the old schoolers hitting things once or twice a week while there's a lot of idiots that have come on the scene in the last 5 years that are visiting the same things every day or every other day. There's even some idiots that will pop in a place 2-3 times in a single day, just isn't sustainable in my book so it's something I never have done and never will.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I ustd to go in wetherspoons evryday for 35 cluedos
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

messiah wrote:
PMK wrote:Once a month?

Christ u must travel!!
That's the good thing about London, there are a hell of a lot of places within half an hour to an hour...

Doesn't explain why I always end in the same places that have been burned again and again....
the other good thing about London is that it is the best city in the world.

when i go playing in London i deliberately get lost; you discover some great places (as well as dozens of holes).
nobody ever wins on those things.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Well obviously I don't know to much about the SWP side of things, but I guess because of the number of available games on each unit they will take a while to recover.

I mentioned before elsewhere on the site that the prem darts that have been left £2 boarding still haven't recovered months down the line so I guess it's the same with other games.

As for AWP's, well it totally depends on location and machine. Each venue and machine has a different return time.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

gotta agree £35 clues in city centre spoons were twice a day hits .
Little discipline = BIG issue

logopolis

Re: How often do you do a machine?

Post by logopolis »

sir ratholer wrote:Title says it all...

Do you prefer leaving things a while between hits, or do you do it as often as is profitably possible? And do you think that doing it as often as possible makes it more ontop?

Obviously this is pretty much exclusively to those who play on a regular basis.

Well I made reference to this topic a while back. Round this way it seems you have to visit a machine every single day just to keep up, or you will miss out on any small profit that may exist. Its ridiculous, but thats the way it is!