Favourite empty!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
AMK

Post by AMK »

Very strange looking cabinet. Still know of 2 locations.
Scott

Post by Scott »

It had different colour strobe lights going up the sides did'nt it? Quite similar to a Juice? Only ever saw the one but never knew the empty.
Cobwebs 👆
ecstasy

Post by ecstasy »

clowning arounds are near enough extinct although i know of a few
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Its to do with superhold if im correct.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

It was partly to do with superhold, but there was much more to them. Great games, Crown Leisure had loads of them in services. If you understood how all the old jpm spinners worked with crossholds etc then it made it easier. Crazy trails was exactly the same, but wasn't housed in that lovely shiny cabinet.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Taztecs and crazy trails were good games but the odd one could take a few hours. Bet there's still the odd one kicking about, they didn't seem to chip them for ages.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Mr McStreak wrote:It was partly to do with superhold, but there was much more to them. Great games, Crown Leisure had loads of them in services. If you understood how all the old jpm spinners worked with crossholds etc then it made it easier. Crazy trails was exactly the same, but wasn't housed in that lovely shiny cabinet.
Guaranteed **** third level - a good chance of ****, if memory serves.

Who knows, maybe someone is still doing one !
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I'd love to tackle a fantaztec again. Even if it played up. There was a real sense of achievement attached to getting one done, like dials, you really felt as though you'd beaten the machine, that it had tried its best to stop you emptying it but failed.

Most emptys however leave you feeling as though you have just literally stolen the contents of the hopper. Still, its all about profit at the end of the day...
ming

Post by ming »

monte carlo or bust vid screen
bowie

Post by bowie »

Power 5, only because it was the only one i've ever found a worker of, Leisure Link in a spoons the day of a Scotland game, full to the brim and screaming, i quite liked C4 but the one i had never had more than 30 in it.
now_then

Post by now_then »

Still got a Fantaztec about.
silent g

Post by silent g »

wasnt the 1st hi lo garuntee'd on board entry if its unchipped ?
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

silent g wrote:wasnt the 1st hi lo garuntee'd on board entry if its unchipped ?
Yes unless you went against the number. When you got 3 heads on the line it was still only a 2/6 chance of getting notem pole, there was six positions and only notem pole and skill to hope for. The other positions were shit, although one of the features gave £7 alot. It used to give 2 different invincible boards, one where the whole machine lit up and the other where just the eyes lit up. Could only give superhold next when there was no win in view, you needed it after the first hold to stand a good chance of pot. A good rip was to hold jpm above reel 1 and jpm on reel 2. after the second hold it enjoyed giving 1 nudge next. Hold them again and of course like a cross hold it would always bring the symbol furthest right in, then nudge. There was a £10 rip on arcadia which was similar some may remember.

Connect 4 was a massive earner, but it was bloody boring, especially when I was literally spending over 10 hours a day on them for the first couple of months, until issue 63 came out and rendered most of the spoons useless.

Monte Carlo or bust, now those games were fun to empty, and Big Bucks on £8 tokens, where every token win was free on the original program. Maygay had some brilliant stuff out back then for similar reasons. I used to look forward to doing Lock N Loads, Fruit U Sir, Club Cash Beast and Battleaxes as well, because they were entertaining to get stuck into, and you had to know the game inside out. For this reason they lasted longer. Not like the mindless 24 hour emptys we're subjected to these days.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Love my bar x one cos still odd workers and it NEVER got into the mainstream
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
fruity777

Post by fruity777 »

Boy you new ur stuff mcstreak! We called it the phantom hold, it worked a wonder in those days on jpm/aces. Yes, Arcadia was the classic example for the £7&£10. JPM's The Fruitmachine also for the top two features. Brings back good old memorys :)