the PUKE PUB

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
TINYMcFINEY

the PUKE PUB

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Back in 2000 when Myself, Glendale & Skinner were going to kent on a regular basis we used to go in this pub( just on the way in to gillingham from chatham r/h side) talk about draw short straws to see who goes in. It absolutely stunk of SICK and RANCID POO and DIRTY CHEESE and SMELLY KNICKERS and EGGY FARTS and STINKY BLOOPS, i think the pipes may of needed flushing through. anyone else experience anything like this?? Just to earn that elusive pound..
PMK

Post by PMK »

Yeah, I've been to Harwich.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

PMK wrote:Yeah, I've been to Harwich.
Harwich is a lovely place. If you like to get ya head kicked in or want beer that tastes like rotten eggs, or if ya want to play a card shark. Or if ya want to buy an empty shop. Or if ya want to go to a good arcade.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

dovercourt is worse i reckon.
Scott

Post by Scott »

You would'nt think that the taste of half of Carling could vary so much, in some places its absolutely putrid and undrinkable, makes you wonder how often the pipes get a clean?
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

If it's a quiet pub or losing money then the lines aren't going to get cleaned often enough. Once a week was a standard when I used to run a pub. Sure you've been roped in a few times, Scott, to help out and you know how much beer is wasted, especially if it's a long way between the bar and the cellar. It is amazing the difference between the taste of beers, though, in different pubs.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I know where your coming from :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Especially when one fuckwit barman connected a John Smiths keg to the Fosters line.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

The worst part of getting a shit half is when you are just checking the pub and you have no choice but to drink it cos the there is nobody in the pub and the barman is looking at you as if your an alien.

Plus iv also been in pub where I can smell the rotten beer from the other side of the bar wile he is pooring it. Then u get it and there a loads of little white bits floating in it. Fucking awfull.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

If it's poor quality , send it back (unless there's a playable in the corner).

What really annoys me is when some pimply youth serves you 90% of a pint that you have paid £3.50 for and gets irked when you ask them to top it up (grumpy old man syndrome).
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I feel bad taking it back, they are normaly pubs that are on there last legs. I just pinch my nose and drink.

I also drink a lot of red wine, that tastes like School glue if it stale. Or iv had them take it out of a fridge WTF.
quasar911

Post by quasar911 »

i never ever drink shitty pints where ever i am, if its served crap and tastes foul, i damn well let em know. !!!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

If its a grotty bar, my drink comes out of a bottle
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Yeah I normaly do get bottle beer now, but if ya don't know what fruit is in the pub I don't want to be wasting 3-4 quid for a quick look. Do that 3 or 4 times a day 7 times a week, that pays my rent.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Yeah I much prefer paying £3 odd for a bottle in a skanky pub, after all it's only a bit of dried rat piss on the neck from storage :P
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens