Colour blindness / visual impairment

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Colour blindness / visual impairment

Post by Mr Move It »

I don't know if anyone here has eye problems, or knows of anyone as such, but it is interesting to ask - What would happen if a player got IM (of the red variety) and they were colour blind? If it's IM of the flashing type, then it's no problem. Even better are the IMs with an audio cue such as Noel Edmunds on his never ending line of 'Deal' machines.

Also to consider are the red/blue trail Barcrests such as Hellraiser. Then again, the red trails have "wipeout" squares instead of "?" so that's easy to get used to.

What about Hurricane and Manic Miner by JPM? They had 4 different coloured lamps behind each square. Then there are the Red Gaming machines with the feature roulette of which some are super.

I'm not colour blind myself although I only have one eye and I wear a -26.5 lens in that. It simply means that I'm very near sighted. It's not too much of a problem playing fruit machines though. I simply have to stand very close to the glass to see what's written on there and I'm generally slower when it comes to reaction-type tests. E.g. you hit the 4th square on the pre-game trail to get a bonus, it chooses "respin" as the bonus and gives you a split second to hold any reels. I usually miss that. I still enjoy playing as a casual and if I end up with more money, then it's mostly luck. Maybe also a bit of judgement, knowing when the machine is about to lose on you.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Get yourself a rnib skillz dog only ten million used stamps and a blue peter christmas appeal
Roulette free since December 2011.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

One of the most common types of colour blindness means the sufferer cannot tell the difference between reds and greens (and colours nearby) so its not actually blindness, just the brains inability to be able to tell one from the other.

A good friend of mine is colour blind, and he also competes in motorsport with me from time to time (he races permanently, i only do occasionally) and its always slightly comical when he crashes into his own team mates (bright blue) cars because he thinks they are pink (the colour of a rival team) which makes for interesting racing, who's that burying their car into my bootlid, oh its sean again, tit :lol:

He also got a bollocking one meeting for ignoring the red flags,and the marshall banged on his roof as he went to leave the track and shouted

"Oi, you fuckin colour blind or summink!?"

To which sean replied, yes, as he produced his race license from his pocket, opened it on the medical notes page and handed it to the track official, he was speechless, so he read it, muttered somthing, threw the license back in seans car and walked off. :o ops:

Right, back to topic...

So, as long as the machine in question didnt have any feature or anything that lit the whole machine up in green then an IM for a colour blind person should not pose a problem.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Am i right in thinking that if you are colour blind you will see different colours in different shades to the rest of us? For instance if the machine goes Red indicating a jackpot board then in there eyes its gone green? So they should spot it because it different from every other board. Peter Ebdon is a former world snooker champion and i know he sometimes gets the Brown and Red balls confused but he just sees different colours to the rest of us, he can tell the difference to between other colours i think? How else would he be able to play?
Cobwebs 👆
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Precisely scott, red looks like green and green looks like red to someone with colour blindness, so they can either not tell the difference at all, or can tell that they is a difference but will never be able to tell which one is which, it depends upon the severity of it, which can be different for any sufferer depending on which type of colour blindness they have.

Colours of the rainbow as they appear to someone with no colour blindness

This is how they look to people with the 2 most common red/green type of colour blindness

deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Think there two major types affecting 5% of men and 0.1% of women
Roulette free since December 2011.
messiah

Post by messiah »

clarkey1984 wrote:Precisely scott, red looks like green and green looks like red to someone with colour blindness, so they can either not tell the difference at all, or can tell that they is a difference but will never be able to tell which one is which, it depends upon the severity of it, which can be different for any sufferer.
I understood differently from one of my friends. Red and green looked the same. When playing football with road cones for goalposts. for some reason he would insist on using the ones with the white band round them rather the plain ones.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

look at the lamps behind the print. If the 'invincible' lamps are on, then it's an invincible board.

Since machines still use incandescent bulbs, there are always two sets used to switch between colours.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

messiah wrote: I understood differently from one of my friends. Red and green looked the same. When playing football with road cones for goalposts. for some reason he would insist on using the ones with the white band round them rather the plain ones.
Well yes, it can be either, they either look exactly the same, or look different yet it isnt possible to ever tell which is which.

I said to my mate how do you manage with traffic lights, but i didnt really think about the question when i asked it, so when he replied, top middle and bottom mate, easy, it then made sense lol
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

My father in law is colour blind and yes it is mainly red and green but also white appears grey and pink appears white,A bit like when my mrs has done a wash and my t-shirts come out grey or pink got to stop buying white tops and boxers :D
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
pokerkingqueen

duh

Post by pokerkingqueen »

Well, the clever bit is you wont die on IM board.