Newbies / Introduce Yourself Here

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
56cheffy

Post by 56cheffy »

Just been having a clear out due to a forthcoming house move.
I am reluctantly, almost certainly going to have to sell my Razzle Dazzle Barcrest :( due to a lack of space in my new home.
It is in fantastic condition for it's age.
It' hardly been used for years, kept in a clean, dry environment.
The only problem I see is that a few lights don't work and the coins drop straight through.
It used to take a while to 'warm up' and for the sound to work. I had it on for 20 minutes but it still didn't work.
I believe it might be a sought after machine so will post in the Barcrest forum for advice.
Strobe19

Post by Strobe19 »

Hi alan, what games u into?
Strobe19

Post by Strobe19 »

Hi all im Mike from Midlands area, I make a decent living from gambling (sports betting, poker, a little on fobt's) but I am keen to learn more about machines (fruits or fobt's) I do alot of travelling as I have to to get my bets on, so I would love to have extra things to look out for on my travels to earn a little extra, I occasionally play keybets but as many know there hard to find these days, have had a few other things going in the past but were short lived... I would be happy to to a deal for good info, and maybe exchange info
topadi

Post by topadi »

Just bought a Maygay fruit n nudge for my local club and the silver coins divert to a dead end, could it be something to do with the settings perhaps?
walkofwealth

Post by walkofwealth »

just signed thought id say hi
MrAnderson69uk

Post by MrAnderson69uk »

Hello all, I'm a software developer with an electronics background from way back! and have just joined in the hope I can get my Deal or No Deal machine working again.

I'm hoping there are some friendly knowledgeable members who may have or had access to info on this machine - a Bell Fruit Scorpion 4 based bandit with the legendarily poor Stadium PSU (EPC846/7 model of PSU circuit board with fan connector).

I'm looking to replace a burnt out resistor next to the diode next to the relay and C40, possibly the transistor just to the left of the resistor and fan connector and the two large caps. Seems simple but the board is burnt, so no silk screen marking but I think the resistor number ends in 5, possible R35 as as there's a R15 and R25 and I haven't found any other markings for R35 or R45 and obviously what value it should be as its completely crusty black and reading 4.7 Ohm out of circuit.
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

Hi, Richard here and for the past few months have had an old fruit machine in my dining room of which i used as a money box, it since went to heaven and have bought a 'modern' type machine on Ebay called Raiders of the Lost Arc by Barcrest. I am here for mainly technical help really. How do you get this machine onto test etc and anything that might arise in the future. I am keen to turn the volume down. All i can say is it is a mpu5 board and the red test switch does nothing apart from if held for long enough it beeps twice and spins all the reels once every 5 secs or so. This is all it does?
The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice »

Hi all, new to the site...Been playing fruities for aslong as I can remember, had 6 or 7 machines at home until I moved abroad a few years back...Im back now and starting up a collection again, prefer the older stuff, mpu4s, maygays, impacts ect...Like buying brocken machines cheap and trying to fix them, not that I have a clue about most things, haha...I have several projects on the go at the minute so keeping busy...Hopefully speak to some of you as time goes on :cool:
7pixies

Post by 7pixies »

hi im sam
davidhenderby

Post by davidhenderby »

His all, my names dave, live in Hull, age 44, been playing fruit machines on and off for as long as I can remember, recently I have finally acquired my own after much nagging of the wife, it's a global Dungeons and drag Queens it was in working order but alas it seems to have developed a fault and I don't have a clue what I am looking for or what to do, tried looking on the Internet for a manual but no joy and I then found this site, a brief description of my fault is that it lights up and makes a humming noise all the reels are free of obstruction and it was working fine before but it has been stood dormant in my garage for a while as I didn't have anywhere to put it, it's now in my dining room which I have converted to a games room and this was my pride and joy when it worked and hopefully it will be again if someone can help out with where to start or what to do, please if anyone reply I am absolutely new to any of this so please be patient with me, thanks in advance for any help much appreciated [quote][/QUOTE]
munns94

Post by munns94 »

Hi I'm Alex. Was fascinated by fruit machines years ago but had never joined a forum.
So I'm a few years behind but finally here haha
mike7201

Post by mike7201 »

Hi, Mike here from the South West of the UK. Just purchased my very first fruit machine. It's called 'Take it or Leave it' by Barcrest. Will be looking to gain some information about functions and technical knowledge from those who may be able to advise. Have always been fascinated by these machines, and now am proud to be awaiting delivery of my very own.
Stump

Post by Stump »

Hello I have a few fruit machines and I work for a arcade, but needing some help on one of my mates machines
mickyc

Post by mickyc »

hi every one
wow I come on here to find out why some lights have been stuck on all of a sudden only to find there is a big fruity family out there
I have just got hold of a monopoly fruity
am trying to get hold of a manual and like I said some lights are stuck on so I can get it working perfect
will now enjoy reading all your stories
so hello everyone my name is mick - I love fruitys but need to learn loads
would welcome any help
and will share any thing I learn
mic
prof5

Post by prof5 »

Hi i'am mark
I am into older arcade arcade games and fairly new to fruities although I do have a 1974 oriental gambler electro mechanical machine