£20 challenge.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Marcossvon

£20 challenge.

Post by Marcossvon »

Imagine the scene. You've arrived at your location for the day.... And shock horror no float/cash. Yes we know proper preparation prevents poor performance etc. After scratching around the car you scratch together £20. The question.... What is the method to rebuild your float off just £20. Is it £5 jp or 1 board wonders on a £70? Thoughts please!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I once made a little over £100 from around £2 ish!!!

I was travelling from Skem to Manchester for a few days, staying at the missus' parents (she was already there). For some reason I couldn't find my wallet and I only had about £10 in change - enough for bus, train and tram fare. Went on machines with what was left and well, I did very well lol.

I couldn't tell you what machines they were, my memory ain't that good, but it was over 6 years ago, during the £25 era.

The irony of it is, I never told the other half about my winnings (which is rare as I'm very open and honest with her) and my very next time playing fruits I lost most of it early doors!!! :wink:
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Fatspanner or a £5 hyper viper
deano8177

Re: £20 challenge.

Post by deano8177 »

Marcossvon wrote:Imagine the scene. You've arrived at your location for the day.... And shock horror no float/cash. Yes we know proper preparation prevents poor performance etc. After scratching around the car you scratch together £20. The question.... What is the method to rebuild your float off just £20. Is it £5 jp or 1 board wonders on a £70? Thoughts please!
Il try it today for a bit of fun. Il post later to tell you how I get on or for a lift home.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

thecannonball89 wrote:Fatspanner or a £5 hyper viper
sounds like a good plan, but if you forget ya coins your Probaly going to forget your key.
pokerkingqueen

coupla years ago....

Post by pokerkingqueen »

Would be 2 or 3 keyable extremes

£8 would be enough for a risky purple :)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

wouldn't be stupid enough to be in that situation in the first place ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but for opening post fantasy sake ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ide buy a maccy d's and go home ,,,,,,,, wouldn't bother trying to punt with £20 ,,,,,,,,,, couldn't stand the frustration if it was buzzing but didn't have enough funds.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Captain.Tattybojangles

Re: coupla years ago....

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

pokerkingqueen wrote:
£8 would be enough for a risky purple :)
Whatever you're offering in the red light district we'd rather not know :lol: :wink: :P
steven

Post by steven »

right, to start with the 70's are out of the question

if 5 pounders are available where you are, change it all into 10ps, play barcrests which bonus win up 1.20 = £2 etc, duff beer guides are also good if showing, any machine where you can collect prize on a question mark also okay , play 10p at a time, after all 10ps are gone, count up, you may be pleasurelently surprised 25-30, repeat process by changing all pound coins to 10ps again and build, sharking is also the way forward
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

£5 panthers extremes ect will bring you a few quid
spa

Post by spa »

WIYB i'd say.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I don't think any player would forget there coins. Has any one managed to do this yet. Plus if ya going out for a punt £5 jackpots ain't going to get ya no where, you may aswell
just go back and get your coins.
ming

Post by ming »

when i was 13/14 which was when viva las vegas,road hog, etc were about i was on btn pier and my mate found a packet of fags on top of a machine which we sold for £2 in tokens and climbed up to £100 between us, which was quite a bit and at that age.
steven

Post by steven »

deano8177 wrote:I don't think any player would forget there coins. Has any one managed to do this yet. Plus if ya going out for a punt £5 jackpots ain't going to get ya no where, you may aswell
its just for fun yogi
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

deano8177 wrote:I don't think any player would forget there coins. Has any one managed to do this yet. Plus if ya going out for a punt £5 jackpots ain't going to get ya no where, you may aswell
One of me mates was going for a gamble, was all sorted...Notes, key, decided to change his trousers last minute...

...Notes and key on floor in trousers, mate gets to arcade with 20p!