£20 challenge.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

last time happened to me, drove about 50 miles for a session was meeting another player, forgot my wallet and my photbag with about 200 coins in. got there had about a tenner in change...rang my m8 he sed fine we wood just use his float etc. parked my car up bought a bacon and egg butty which was 2 quid,,,,, m8 was guna be 20 mins it was freezing cold. went into ladbrokes..put the 7 quid in a fobt got it up to 38.80 anyway quid on black quid on red 80 p on 0 boom zero comes out 28.80 happy days... now this is the sick part... moved on to rainbow riches very first spin i got pots for silver 220 quid. spawneys day of my life... thing was if that 0 hadnt have come in i wooda taken my 30 odd quid and chipped, instead i had like 280 hehe
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

There was once a Yarmouth local called Martin with a funny eyeball. He used to literally scrape a few 10ps together from people. Then he would wait around for a guaranteed board on something or kick some kid off a machine. Anyway, he would build up to something like £50 from loose change. Then spend it on drugs and like. The cycle would then continue the next day.

I once saw him hold a knife up to a kid in The Mint arcade who was on a £5 DonkeyKong which was obviously runnarging. He was that desperate.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

I would be fuming if i saw that ,,,,, was he a big lad ? ,,,,,,,,,, spose it doesn't matter , anyone can get a lucky jab in with a knife......... and you could have been putting yourself in danger too , druggys are like rats , they will do anything to survive .,,,,,,,,,, im no fighter and hate violence , but given the situation , i would have tried to sneak up from behind and hit him with one of the heavy arcade stools , then gave him a good shoeing , and kept him there till the police arrived , the young kid must have felt terrorfied .

was there any opportunity to do owt ? ,,,,,,,,, did he get his comeuppance,,, ???

tell us more.
Little discipline = BIG issue

logopolis

Post by logopolis »

He wasn't exactly a big lad but he was on drugs etc. We used to call him Mad Martin. He literally had nothing to lose so he would do the maddest things in arcades. At the time he was getting away with all sorts in The Mint, as the manageress at the time was most probably afraid of him. He was well known up and down the seafront.

This kid just legged it out of the arcade as soon as the knife came out. It was all over in a matter of seconds.

There was another time when I found the Rollercoaster in there numbering. I put something like £30 in and got a £60 top. Well Martin came round and demanded half the profit because he had apparently done his brains in it earlier!! He was most probably bullshitting and naturally I refused. The manageress came over and told me to give him what he wants just to shut him up or she would ban me!!! So I ended up giving him a tenner!!
bowie

Post by bowie »

I had a Let's play, go off it's tits yesterday, bought a pint with a twenty, within the 17 quid change i had a 40 stack, a 40 box from cob then a twenty stack board and ten stack board. At one point i probably could've ripped in a flasher too, didn't risk it though.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i finished a day once with 337 pounds from a 3 quid start up ,that was back in the 4.80 days aswell so no more than 2.40 in cash per win lol, and included a second credit 150 on a clubber 8)
steven

Post by steven »

The thing about this thread is just people that have got lucky, the initial question was the £20 challenge
Now we've all got lucky when we're down to pennies, but how many of you could seriously leave your house in the morning with £20 and return home this evening with profit?
Try it today.. i'm going to, i'll report back tonight i'm off out now with nothing more than a refill key and a £20 note
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

Some good replies here. Cheers Steven for trying to btingit back to te challenge efforts. I'll be eagerly awaiting the results!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

logopolis wrote:He wasn't exactly a big lad but he was on drugs etc. We used to call him Mad Martin. He literally had nothing to lose so he would do the maddest things in arcades. At the time he was getting away with all sorts in The Mint, as the manageress at the time was most probably afraid of him. He was well known up and down the seafront.

This kid just legged it out of the arcade as soon as the knife came out. It was all over in a matter of seconds.

There was another time when I found the Rollercoaster in there numbering. I put something like £30 in and got a £60 top. Well Martin came round and demanded half the profit because he had apparently done his brains in it earlier!! He was most probably bullshitting and naturally I refused. The manageress came over and told me to give him what he wants just to shut him up or she would ban me!!! So I ended up giving him a tenner!!

Never heard of this martin, must be when i was just a kid.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Yeah this was about 12 years ago. The Mint had £15 Rollercoaster, £15 Sonic, Make A Mint, Pot Of Gold and Psycho Cash Beast.
steven

Post by steven »

Marcossvon wrote:Some good replies here. Cheers Steven for trying to btingit back to te challenge efforts. I'll be eagerly awaiting the results!
ive just got back, still got my £20 note, couldn't find anything to play
:p
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP
BFK

Post by BFK »

Like it!!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

not even any pie factories?
JG

Post by JG »

That's quite some route. Even Rob couldn't match a route of 3 years in length. Wowser we could check every Scottish Glen for £5 whippedy woos and the like and still have time for a few whiskies.
JG
steven

Post by steven »

JG wrote:That's quite some route. Even Rob couldn't match a route of 3 years in length. Wowser we could check every Scottish Glen for £5 whippedy woos and the like and still have time for a few whiskies.
i know, it was awesome exercise though george, i now weigh 5 stone 6lb,
i now stand up like a soldier
I'M NO YOGHURT-TOP