Lists.... A nice earner if you are a greedy c**t.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr McStreak

Lists.... A nice earner if you are a greedy c**t.

Post by Mr McStreak »

A northern player, who used to be a tooler (and probably will be again when playing gets bad enough) has an entire Games Tec list which he is splitting up and selling on to various people, regardless of how well he knows them etc. He's probably made a few grand from it, without even bothering to play a fruit himself.

A nice earner one might say, but whats the world coming to?

Lists used to be fairly exclusive, but now everyone, and I mean everyone has them. It used to be a big edge to have lists, especially when getting info early, but not such a big deal not to have them. Now if you don't have them you're fucked.....

Mind you, list or no list i'm getting to the point where I dread going out slotting.... too much fire.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

who actually searches themselves, i sure dont fuck that. u either get lists or ppl out searching for u...known at dogs
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

william , thou can haveth thine alien in chipping norton , and charles thou can haveth thine dead mans in warwick , but woe is thee that stepeths on my turf and does'eth myne scores in evesham , thy fuckers will be merc'd
Attachments
images_272.jpg
images_272.jpg (5.57 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Little discipline = BIG issue

betchrider

Re: Lists.... A nice earner if you are a greedy c**t.

Post by betchrider »

Mr McStreak wrote:A northern player, who used to be a tooler (and probably will be again when playing gets bad enough) has an entire Games Tec list which he is splitting up and selling on to various people, regardless of how well he knows them etc. He's probably made a few grand from it, without even bothering to play a fruit himself.

A nice earner one might say, but whats the world coming to?

Lists used to be fairly exclusive, but now everyone, and I mean everyone has them. It used to be a big edge to have lists, especially when getting info early, but not such a big deal not to have them. Now if you don't have them you're fucked.....

Mind you, list or no list i'm getting to the point where I dread going out slotting.
Interesting?The certain shithouse who had snake rattle and roll first by any chance ***t is it?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

u shud kno who selling its a bit obvious lol
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

All you do is complain, why dont you go and find the mysterious listsman and have words with him.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

With no due respect its got nothing to do with you.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

maverick69 wrote:who actually searches themselves, i sure dont fuck that. u either get lists or ppl out searching for u...known at dogs
Checking and the knowledge of what machines could be in what pubs is a big part of the game. Every good player should know every location in a 60 mile radius.
Houston

Post by Houston »

logopolis wrote:
maverick69 wrote:who actually searches themselves, i sure dont fuck that. u either get lists or ppl out searching for u...known at dogs
Checking and the knowledge of what machines could be in what pubs is a big part of the game. Every good player should know every location in a 60 mile radius.
I don't think knowing every location around you would mean you're a good player. Maybe a good taxi driver though.
Try this number: 0845 1300 286
JG

Post by JG »

60 mile radius? Bit steep isn't it? I've got pubs in my city that I know I should get around to rechecking....

60 miles, that's like me telling you every location in Gloucester, which alas, whilst I could name a few, I wouldn't be very comprehensive.

The gist of the post is right though, you have to do the footwork, never had the luxury of runners to trust to do it for me. Got to be a done on busy evenings, get a good chunk done, just the two of is, in out, under the radar, locations updated.

I
JG
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Hate checking pubs look like a rite cunt walking into a village locla pub wich is about as big as a phone box. or getting caught looking on the window
JG

Post by JG »

Yeah it's horrible isn't it? Especially with the pub trade as it is...

You walk in, just you, the barman and two other regulars who are probably close relatives of the barman.

WOW! Thinks the barman, a customer, must be the Ansell's mystery customer.

"May I help you?" he enquires in his most eloquent tones.

At this point you have been following these golden rules.

1) Avoid all eye contact
2) Do not stare directly at a fruit machine
3) Move your head in random directions like you're looking for something. That isn't a fruit machine.
4) Don't walk into the ladies' lavatory by mistake.
5) Try to look like you're on important business.

Drat, you're two seconds into the pub and all you've seen is a jukebox, you have to walk around the corner...there has to be a playable around the corner.

Now there are three sets of eyes on you. It's a horrible, horrible moment, but you must do the deed, you must scour every last corner of the pub.

"I'm looking for Bob, he said he would be here"

"Bob died two days ago"

"oh"

But you have to keep walking.....

"Can I get you a drink?"

Your lonely faltering footsteps, compliment the morgue like atmosphere to perfection. Shit! The proposition of paying £2.65 for a pint that you can't drink, staying in a pub you didn't want to be in with two of the surliest most miserable looking men you've ever seen, doesn't make things any easier. You have to speak and speak quickly, but what do you say?

"Blah, I err just need the toilet!!!"

Schoolboy error, schoolboy, did you not see the sign near the entrance that said this is not a public convenience, toilets for customer use only? It was also next to the sign that said credit only given to people over the age of 60 accompanied by both grandparents.

The mood changes very suddenly. As far as they're concerned you're filth, a scumbag, a dirty pig. You've only entered the building to urinate against the procelain.

"Hmmmm, using the toilet and not buying a drink?? This is not a public convenience young man."

Around the corner, where is this blasted thing? Then a flashy light catches your eye, within a mirror, oh no!!! It's in the corner, the darkest dingiest recess, what excuse can there be to walk into this dark corner?

With a limp hand you pull out your mobile, explaining that it was on vibrate.

The surly men look puzzled at the slim compact build of what they assume is some kind of sex toy.

"Err yeah Bob, I'm in the.....in the.....in thee" and then you realise you don't know the name of the pub...."I'm in the pub...you know, where we said we'd meet......"

All eyes on you and your fascinating conversation, but you're in the dark corner, what the hell???! It's a Full Metal Jackpots, might have known a pub this derelict would have some stupid 2007 crap like this inside. Hey maybe wait another year, they might get a dial.

It's then with total horror you see there's a door to the other side of the bar. This area needs exploring. Maintaining the facade of faux conversation enabled by cunningly positioned satellites you proceed into the next area. Your acting skills are poor and obviously Bob, who is dead, is doing all the talking. The Barman has followed you around into the main bar area, now desperate to sell you a drink.

"Are you lost? Do you need a map? Or a drink maybe?"

It's then you blurt it out, the pressure all too much as a man sitting at the bar with a bull terrier, both versed in looking hard have made you blurt your missive.

"AAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk" you screech, the embarassment and shame at your ineptitude, coercing you into the corner where you spot a Power 5.

"I'm a professional fruit machinist" you screech, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, "I'm here to see what machines you have on site. I make money playing fruit machines. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRK!"

"Oh I see. Would you like a drink? Actually let me check the rule book a moment, not sure we want your type here...."

"Err no, I best be going thanks"

With that you regain your composure and get back to your mate in the car.

"Well?"

"Full Metal Jackpot and Power 5"

"Was it unchipped?"

"Which?"

"The Power 5 duh....."

"Errrr........no"

"Did you try it?"

"Well no, but it looked kinda chipped, I just got the feeling it was chipped, just by looking at it...what???....why are you looking at me like that....oh ffs..........it's your turn........what? ok......"

And so back you go, back into the public house of fun. You do the honourable thing. You sit down in the entrance, just out of eyeshot from your mate and just out of earsight from the bar. You count to 35 and then go back to the car park.

"No luck, definitely chipped"

"You tried it?"

"Yeah"

"And it was chipped"

"What you pressed humpf and wumpf?"

"Yeah......"

"And what happened...?"

"Just collected £4"

"hmmm, ok, next pub then?"

"Yeah your turn to check....."

"Let's see.....on the list it says The Furnace and Flanker"

"Should be nice and hot"

"yeah deep joy...."

"Just remember, don't say you're looking for Bob, he died two days ago apparently."

"Ok, I'll keep a check out for Tarquin, I'm meeting him for a pint, that's the line."

"Tarquin? you can't use that name, they'll lynch you...."

"Well have you got a better name?"

And so it fades as the mini metro trundles along into the sunset, our pair of players gradually compiling a list of their own.

Happy days.
JG
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

I just get ppl to go round looking for me, easier that way....... 60 mile radius lol, i play more than that
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

JG wrote:60 mile radius? Bit steep isn't it? I've got pubs in my city that I know I should get around to rechecking....

60 miles, that's like me telling you every location in Gloucester, which alas, whilst I could name a few, I wouldn't be very comprehensive.

I

There's fewer locations in this part of the country compared to say the Midlands areas. So 60 miles radius isn't unreasonable.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

logopolis wrote:
JG wrote:60 mile radius? Bit steep isn't it? I've got pubs in my city that I know I should get around to rechecking....

I

There's fewer locations in this part of the country compared to say the Midlands areas. So 60 miles radius isn't unreasonable.
Yeah Scott is right, Norfolk is a huge backwater so you probably have as many locations in 60 mile radius there as you'd get in 10 mile radius in a built up area.

I have about a 50 mile radius covered in the south east, but I'm a sick fucker.

As for lists, well if you get offered the chance and the price is right, obv you are gonna take them. No one has the divine right to have or not have them. Some people who think they are in the 'upper echelons' of this game annoy me with this approach. They think certain people should never get info/lists etc as it's beneath them. Unfortunately every dog has its day.
Bored of the grind.