Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

trayhop123 wrote:is that fee per licence ,,,,,,,,,, or per machine ?
Per machine (they may or may not have individual licences by each machine)
silent g

Re: Wetherspoons

Post by silent g »

jeffvickers wrote:
silent g wrote:
"pro's" have change before they go in.
1ps, and 2ps in your case, silent g, ah well, mind your head
jeff your a terrible player, you got nothing on me! how much you lose in 2008? doubt you made anything.

and jeff... when i have change, you have nothing. when i have notes, you have change. im higher than you jeff. deal with it!
and you can call me sir from now on fool.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

hahaaaa u got terrorised jeff u crack fiend.
BN1!!
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

DJJamesMtn wrote:
OK. Didn't phrase that one well.

But the casual player will probably happily take a £7 win off a £3 stake. £3 of that £4 profit will almost definitely go towards a pint in said pub.

The professional would not, shall we say, "re-invest" in the good stuff, simply because they're dealing in much larger numbers.

Basically, the casual is there primarily to get shitfaced, the pro is there to rape the machine. And fair play to both groups.
You have a point there, but a machine will actually take more money if players are hitting it as its the money it takes that makes the money, the payout is kinda irrispective.

A punter may as you say put in 3 quid and take 7 out, but that 7 that it pays out has already been played in and so the profit has already been made on that, so basing this on a machine set on 70% payout, that 3 quid that he put in in this hyperthetical situation actually made the place 90p from the machine, even if he buys a pint with the winnings which is say £3.50, thats still only £4.40 made.

Then imagine a player goes in, buys a j20, (how much are they now, £1.80?) maybe he keys the machine, sees its say 20 quid off full and decides to go for it, he may put £40 if not more to get a JP out of it, but those 40 coins he has put in have made the place £12 in profits from the machine, plus the drink he bought, so thats over a tenner made in total eventhough the player walked out with 40 quid profit.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
spa

Post by spa »

Or you could say an 80% machine will earn 20p for every pound put in. Win or lose.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Yes yes, see spa's post on the other page for the short version without all my ramblings lol :D
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
DJJamesMtn

Post by DJJamesMtn »

You explained it better than I did Clarkey.

It doesn't matter if somebody rinses it as ultimately, the machine always wins.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Well yeah, kind of, as even if you put a quid in and were to get a MS for £140, you have made a niice profit, but the machine has already made its money from those coins as they were put in it, so a pisshead chucking his change in one doesnt make em as much money in the long run as opposed to one getting pumped constantly when its ready.
silent g

Post by silent g »

DJJamesMtn wrote:
It doesn't matter if somebody rinses it as ultimately, the machine always wins.
tell that to a p2 stopper!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

jeff is the clasic skint red gamer.
Alpine021

Post by Alpine021 »

My newest one was pub saying they "weren't allowed" to change my coins into notes at the bar. Weird.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

But why would you do that anyway? You are only drawing attention to yourself in the long run.
JG

Post by JG »

I've done it at service stations before. I often get the "We're not allowed to change up coins" line, seems rather more odd in a pub though.
JG