Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
sir ratholer

Wetherspoons

Post by sir ratholer »

Obviously they can't be making too much money, because they are taking steps to bar players from whole regions.

This is not a one off, but has happened to 3 players in the last week.

In every instance, the words scamming/cheating/fraud were used.

Personally I won't be standing for such nonsense, and will be recording all conversations with staff with a view to contacting Tim Martin (owner) because this is frankly a disgrace. I used to think that it would be an achievement to get barred from 1 site, let alone multiple ones!!!
Bored of the grind.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Good plan, recording it that is, as from what i have noticed, barstaff will get sarky, rude, and even aggressive when the boss aint about, but little do they know that its being recorded.

It happened to my mate and his missus, they, and me, got barred from a place in cambridge, (tenpin/cineworld) and she went up there a few weeks later to see a film with one of her mates and the baulchy northern woman, and i use the term 'woman' loosely, gave her what can only be described as a torrent of abuse, calling her a thief and just going off on one while standing on the door of the arcade/bar bit, as my mates missus walked past to the box office, so my mates bird simply replied,

'oh give it a rest will ya, im here to see a film, not argue with you'

to which this manbeast door staff thing shouted back, as my mates missus was on the escalator upto the film screens, and quite a way away...

'why dont't you fuck off you thieving money grabbing bastards'

Now we all thought that this was very unprofessional for a member of door staff, so me and my missus went up there the next night and tried to get into the arcade bit, while i had the phone recording video in my pocket, so if she started going off again, i could just whip the phone out and i would have the evidence of some very unproffesional behavior, and although she stared at us, she let us in, and it wasnt until i stood outside having a fag and then tried to walk back in that she told me i wasn't allowed in coz i was banned.

I was polite, as my mates missus was, and said pretty much the same sort of thing to her such as,

'come on, seriously, whats the problem, i don't even play machines, don't be daft, you already let me in once tonight anyway'

I was ready, phone in hand, in my pocket, recording, i thought, here we go, and...

She was as polite as fuck, and fully explained why she barred us, because alledgedly, filming anywhere on a cineworld site is not permitted anywhere, even in the bar/arcade area, unless specific written permission has been obtained, i pushed the issue a little further and she also quickly mentioned that the management had reason to believe that we were 'robbing the machines and emptying them' so i had a little whinge about that accusation and she admitted that it may not have been us (which it wasn't) but the managment reserved the right to refuse entry just to be on the safe side.

Fuck it, i dunno if she was just in a better mood, or weather she guessed that i was trying to catch her out or what, but she was totally professional and calm that time, damnit!
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
blingking

Post by blingking »

has this anything to do with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjEYXhxi-M
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Why do people get so incensed when they get barred from locations?

I can't fathom why players get so suprised, when the barstaff are on £6 ph, its little wonder they get bitter and resort to such measures.

Its an occupational hazard, however undeserving.

Get over it, ffs...
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Mr McStreak wrote:Why do people get so incensed when they get barred from locations?

I can't fathom why players get so suprised, when the barstaff are on £6 ph, its little wonder they get bitter and resort to such measures.

Get over it, ffs...
For me, it's a matter of principle. I've done nothing wrong, nothing illegal etc. If I win a PERCENTAGE based jackpot fairly, why should they stop me?
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Most of the time it's through jealousy & frustration that you are better at playing the fruit better than they are.

A bit like banning Frank Lampard from the pitch 'cos he's better at football than you.

Southfields 'Spoons barred me once for a rovers. They'd be better just getting on with their jobs and giving the place a good clean - the whole pub stinks of vomit.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

theres alot more to that vid that is why its on there I was barred by the bouncer (i wasnt but she told me i was) and why?? coz she played the machines after closing time (which i might add that she had been warned by the manager that she was not allowed to do) and so after a few months we go back and shes not there so we go back in and one of the managers says "havent seen you for a while" to which we reply "we was barred" the manager replyed "have you fuck you have never been barred" and we told them about the lady bouncer and they said "shes not here now so play what you like we know you dont always win" so we played on for a few months then the lady bouncer returned and with in minutes she sttems over shouting abuse and tellin me im barred again so i leave. Then i arrange a meeting with one of the managers the following week and tell him the situation and he says "come back next weekend and if she dont let you in phone my desk" (give me a desk phone number not the reception phone number) and he also says "she int gettin away with this anymore ive had enuff and if she dont let you in and trys arguing with me il fire her on the spot" so we go up there and the vid is supposed to be us all gettin back in and her either gettin a tellin off or fired

BUT problem was that a different manager was there and she ran in and told her colleuge to keep us outside to which she then tells the different manager (b4 i can get him to the phone) that im scamming/tooling/robbing machines and steeling money from them and as he didnt know about the meeting i was told to leave the building and not come back

I am over bein barred from there ive been barred from a few places all for the same reason they think your winning all the time when you arnt 1 place was for swearing and 2 where for keyin so il accept that but to be accused of a thief and a scammer if that happend 10 years ago you would have em up for slander in a public place staff should be kind and not swearing and shouting at you so if your totally happy with bein barred then fine but to some people ifs F==king annoying when you get blamed or accused for stuff you havent done
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Mr McStreak wrote:Why do people get so incensed when they get barred from locations?

Get over it, ffs...
b/c it's a good location which yields good profits, want to keep on top of a whole area, unjustifiable reasons, defamation of character, an extreme desire to smack the person doing it to you, the fact that you can do very little about it (delete as appropriate)
Bored of the grind.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:
Southfields 'Spoons barred me once for a rovers. They'd be better just getting on with their jobs and giving the place a good clean - the whole pub stinks of vomit.
So does Tunbridge Wells. The only pub where the toilets stink after they've been cleaned!!!
Bored of the grind.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Just my opinion, but don't ALL Wetherspoons stink of vomit? I can only think of one that doesn't ... but that's because it only opened a few months ago!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

PUBS ARE FOR EATING AND DRINKING IN

NOT AN ARCADE WHERE YOU HAVE TO BUY A HALF OF COKE TO GET IN

its not rocket science...
if they think you are acting strange/differently to usual customers you will get attention, and if they catch you buying one drink and playing on the machines for 2 hours... they're gonna kick you out..

fucking hell, if you cant get this concept, stick to arcades and service stations.

as for recording staff.. WTF?
start sending sound clips or video off to their employer and they'll probably move towards putting you on pub watch... plus, it doesnt really matter what they say, if youre barred, then your barred... they can refuse to serve you in a pub... as in PERSONALLY refuse to serve you, so if you argue, or grass tehm up to their boss, they can do fuck all about it, you still wont get served, and you will still get asked to leave..

tim martin doent even work for spoons anymore, he's the director, he mainly sits on beaches drinking abbot ale in a champagne glass.. write to him and you'll get his PA, who will tell you something along the lines of "fuck off" using neither word and also making you feel like youve made a difference..
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Spyder wrote:PUBS ARE FOR EATING AND DRINKING IN

NOT AN ARCADE WHERE YOU HAVE TO BUY A HALF OF COKE TO GET IN

its not rocket science...
if they think you are acting strange/differently to usual customers you will get attention, and if they catch you buying one drink and playing on the machines for 2 hours... they're gonna kick you out..

fucking hell, if you cant get this concept, stick to arcades and service stations.

as for recording staff.. WTF?
start sending sound clips or video off to their employer and they'll probably move towards putting you on pub watch... plus, it doesnt really matter what they say, if youre barred, then your barred... they can refuse to serve you in a pub... as in PERSONALLY refuse to serve you, so if you argue, or grass tehm up to their boss, they can do fuck all about it, you still wont get served, and you will still get asked to leave..

tim martin doent even work for spoons anymore, he's the director, he mainly sits on beaches drinking abbot ale in a champagne glass.. write to him and you'll get his PA, who will tell you something along the lines of "fuck off" using neither word and also making you feel like youve made a difference..
Spyder = PLUnion???
Bored of the grind.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

If pubs don't want people playing machines, then why do they have machines in the first place??
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

since when is a service station an arcade its a resting place to take a break from the road not an arcade and it doesnt matter that you have to buy Nothing/Small fries from KFC to play in there sorry m8 but you have the wrong concept

MACHINES MAKE MONEY NO MATTER HOW YOU PLAY IT (unless emptyer tricks) so throughout a nite probably £300 coins might pass through my hands so say at 80% thats £60 they have made from me weather IM WINNING OR NOT the 80% will come out of the machine the remaining 20% is for them is how they work.

Being told by her that "the taking where down" was gobshite how can they be if im playing with a decent stake (usually £100 or more on me to spend) so there int that many people who go in there to spend that through machines

Say i went in there drinking and say they make 50p off each pint I WOULD HAVE TO DRINK 120 pints for them to make that £60 from me from winning/losing on machines

I know that place isnt an arcade its a bowling ally/arcade/pub but when they have AN ARCADE AREA!!!!!! (CALLED AN ARCADE AREA) then whats the problem of goin there to play machines?????? if i went in there just drinking would i get barred coz im only drinking and not bowling/goin in the arcade NO i wouldnt would I

its arcades like this that you see in COIN SLOT mag sayin they int making any money coz no one comes in
its funny when your comin in losein your money in minutes they LOVE you (even tho there still only makeing the same 20% profit from you, but once you know what your doin a bit and got used/like a few machines and you can make your money last a bit longer/maybe make a profit (and there still only making 20% from you still) they want you out and they bar all the players, its the players who put the most coins through the machines not the casuals who walk in spend £10 then leave

a Player can only win if someone has lost else you would just play 1 machine for days and make £10000 from it gettin em to keep filin it up. Once its paid IT,S PAID

when you get barred for fuck all from a place you make a tidy profit from (most of the time) you will see the annoyance in it all
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

oh and also they wasnt bothered about the filmin as i got asked by a member of staff and he just said ok (its in a CYBTB video) they use that as their reason, probably because the taking WHERE down once they barred me and my missis, because we are not puttin the coins through their machines anymore