Advice to east anglia/essex players

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ob

Advice to east anglia/essex players

Post by ob »

Right can I just help you east anglia players out here:

IT IS NOT WORTH YOU COMING OVER THE BRIDGE TO KENT, THERE ARE LOADS OF US HERE DOING THESE AREAS SO YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! IF YOU FIND ANYTHING GOING ITS A FLUKE NOTHING ELSE!

I have been prompted into this post by yet another misguided ipswich/colchester area player I saw recently, that thought bexleyheath was "ALWAYS GOING"...

Oh dear.... (and before anyone get any silly ideas there is jack all there anyhow)
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Who's the culprit then?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

everywhere ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,, no matter how burnt you think it is ,,,,,,,,, is catch-able from time to time .

if an outsider visits you on a fri/sat night ,,,,,,,,,, nowt you can do
Little discipline = BIG issue

ob

Post by ob »

trayhop123 wrote:everywhere ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,, no matter how burnt you think it is ,,,,,,,,, is catch-able from time to time .

if an outsider visits you on a fri/sat night ,,,,,,,,,, nowt you can do
Yes that's quite right mate, but if I hear another stupid essex player think this north kent area is always going I'm going to have to shoot them!
sir ratholer

Re: Advice to east anglia/essex players

Post by sir ratholer »

ob wrote:Right can I just help you east anglia players out here:

IT IS NOT WORTH YOU COMING OVER THE BRIDGE TO KENT, THERE ARE LOADS OF US HERE DOING THESE AREAS SO YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! IF YOU FIND ANYTHING GOING ITS A FLUKE NOTHING ELSE!

I have been prompted into this post by yet another misguided ipswich/colchester area player I saw recently, that thought bexleyheath was "ALWAYS GOING"...

Oh dear.... (and before anyone get any silly ideas there is jack all there anyhow)
Bexleyheath is pretty mediocre yes, some towns near it are even worse. I don't understand why anyone would travel to play there at all, there must be fresher areas near them. Also you have to waste about an hour of your life queuing to get over the bridge because morons never have £1.50 in change ready for it - not that you should have to pay as the Government did state that once it was paid for, it would be free. Good old Gordon just put it up instead...
Bored of the grind.
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Similar to the Severn Bridge. It was supposed to be a £1 toll until the deficit was cleared, then it would be free for all. Changed their minds and sold it to the French it's now £5.20.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I go through Bexleyheath every day...

...but only chance my arm every other week or so.

There's not terribly much to talk about there really - there was a period when good money could be made. Had a £400 raise from the two Spoons and the Golden Lion about a year back - which included a £210 from a HLS (trappage / bonus board / trappage) and a big MS from an UC DW.

If anyone ever makes it there on a Friday afternoon / evening, drop me a note and I'll meet you for a beer or two. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i still sticks to my guns and say ive not once found bexleyheath torched,dartford has been minced a few times but once again theres always been rate in something.

keep it burnt lads otherwise players will keep going there x x
i got more routes than loreal
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I often 'fear' Bexleyheath to be burnt, but the few times I've tried (without prior advice from local contacts) it's been OK.

Does anyone venture to the outskirts though? Bexley / Northumberland Heath / Belvedere / Albany Park?

They're not big places, but quite a few pubs... ;)
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Thanks for the tip. :o

However I'm happy to 'stick to what I know' so to speak. :P
moterwayplayer

Post by moterwayplayer »

gonna agree with ob theres no point in wasting 1.50 kent is well taken care off u lot have southend thuruck services not even that far from great yarmouth what more could u ask for
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Anyone remember that arcade that used to be at Lakeside opposite Burger King (it's now a Robert Dyas, lol). Used to love going in there for the Great Escape red knockbacks and a bit of Caesars... ;)
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Re: .

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

milk monitor wrote:Similar to the Severn Bridge. It was supposed to be a £1 toll until the deficit was cleared, then it would be free for all. Changed their minds and sold it to the French it's now £5.20.

You may have to pay around a fiver to cross, but once you're in all rides are free!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

What is the toll price on the second severn crossing?
You can get free crossings Eastbound M40 on the Severn Bridge so if tolls are cheap on the second crossing, it should be easier to stick on the M4 over the river, go through Newport, go to Chepstow, and you're near enough the Severn Bridge to go back to England.
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

It's £5.20 one way, you don't pay the other side. It's expensive but not so pricey that you'd consider deviating from your quickest route.

I'm fairly local to Chepstow so only a few miles from the border, it gets more primative the further in land you go.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)