JD Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Like JD Wetherspoons Pubs ?

Yes
69%
No
21%
Never go there
10%

Total votes: 78

MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

all bfg in my spoons except a chippd cluedo
BN1!!
petera

Post by petera »

anfield road wrote:
ma71lda wrote:There's also 7 in the 'Spoons at Piccadilly Manchester.....and what a variety they have :-

1.DOND Its Your Show
2.DOND Walk of Wealth
3.DOND Deal Wheel
4.DOND The Crazy Chair
5.DOND Big Reds
6.Cops and Robbers (LCD version)
7.Gold Strike

................interesting. :roll:
yeah theres a rovers up the road by the big wheel, a moley and invincible in the same pub in the town centre.

a invincible in the rising sun.

Manchester is ok as long as its caught right!

chipped win stopper in old orleans in the shopping thingy.

you got any thingelse giz a pm laa

You clearly dont know manchester very well .
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Well there down again today so they have to recover 14% to get to the point where you tipped them.

Everybody on this board should be aware of the severe downturn in the pub industry. Recession is looming which makes the sector even more vulnerable.

"if you have any money buy". In a market that is so obviously contracting, I would have to disagree.

I'd be interested to hear your argument, but a cryptic "watch and learn" just sounds silly.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

its not really baout what you know, its about what you dont know.

get a train to watford, take a nice walk up the street, under the bridge, left after the bridge into the "wethercentre"

go through the door, and look above the reception desk,

they have a led light display, and it has a message stating the "company motto" or something, then it says how many pubs and hotels the company own..

it used to say 627(ish)

then, go play monopoly till you work out what happens next

or: do some research on the net, and try to work out how many "next door to a spoons" pubs spoons have bought in the last 3 months

bear in mind, the pre smoking ban testing they famously did, the massive bulk drop of money off vouchers, the reputation for being cheap, and the fact that they are a self contained buisness who own their own delivery firm, then work out roughly when they will open the new pubs, (take into concideration, staff training, best opening times, refurbishments, stocking, staffing issues, training of new staff, signage, menus, legal issues, reshuffle of assets/stock/equipment/staff, increased traffic through delivery centres, extra admin training, advertising)

basicly, the shares will rocket in about 8-12 weeks maybe an extra month due to strategic opening/relaunch of pubs

kill yourself
petera

Post by petera »

You would have to be some sort of idiot to listen to or act upon any financial advice / tips given by a person from this forum
By the sheer nature of what we do we are essentially financial lost causes.....

No I dont want reminding how someone has 80k in the bank or someone else has 10k in coins in a bin etc etc....
Did I mention I have 300k stuffed in the back of my settee ?

:roll:
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Agreed, any trading advice on here should be observed with trepidation.

Unfortunately Spyder, that garbled message did nothing to change my mind, your reasoning is week with a hint of frustrated anger.

The only thing those shares have in their favour is that they have already taken a massive hit and may be at, or close to, the "inventory floor".
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
harry2

Post by harry2 »

An old Arcadia contact (Greg) worked for Marconi and had shares in them, pension etc. They went from £20 a share to about 3/8 of a penny. Lost the lot.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Spyder

Re: .

Post by Spyder »

milk monitor wrote:Agreed, any trading advice on here should be observed with trepidation.

Unfortunately Spyder, that garbled message did nothing to change my mind, your reasoning is week with a hint of frustrated anger.

The only thing those shares have in their favour is that they have already taken a massive hit and may be at, or close to, the "inventory floor".

right, ok.. you're 100% right and im 100% wrong...

i wasnt trying to change your mind.... you sit and watch the share prices for 48hrs and think you can see the future... well, its quite possible that they will slip a bit. but they will go up within a few months

anyone STUPID enough to buy or sell shares without proper advice might as well flush the money.. we were just debabting the possibility of the raise...

lol i dont even have shares!
the only time i ever had any shares was vodaphone about 10 years ago...
PMK

Post by PMK »

petera wrote:You would have to be some sort of idiot to listen to or act upon any financial advice / tips given by a person from this forum
By the sheer nature of what we do we are essentially financial lost causes.....

No I dont want reminding how someone has 80k in the bank or someone else has 10k in coins in a bin etc etc....
Did I mention I have 300k stuffed in the back of my settee ?

:roll:
Petera, why do you always assume everybody on this Forum are total losers and addicts when it comes to playing fruit machines?

Just because you went down the 'addicted and reformed' route it doesn't mean we all did or will at some point.

There are a lot of very good disciplined professional players that use this forum yet you seem to class everyone in the same 'mug/addict' group.

Clearly you had serious gambling issues in your past and I respect the fact that you try and warn others of the danger but lets not assume we are all in the same boat please.

You'll be pleased I didn't go down the 'I make X a week' and 'I have £50k stashed up my hooter!' route!

PMK
petera

Post by petera »

I "bet" there are more in the mug category than there are in the so called professional catergory.

Just for your information I do not think everyone is a loser etc ....
Ive met some people from here and they certainly are not losers
I think you read too much into my posts and form your own opinion to end up believing just what you want.
D4nBO

Post by D4nBO »

I am actually a qualified financial and mortgage advisor......

Would be fairly amusing on a fact find to find everyones risk attitude where money is concerned ! !
"Its all about the top"
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i got their little booklet of vouchers today. must be on their mailing list for some reason, anyway, the vouchers for money off booze all say "Owing to licensing, this drinks voucher is not redeemable in our Glasgow or Ayr pubs"

anyone know why this might be? i'm puzzled.
nobody ever wins on those things.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Maybe they've franchised them up there.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

mr lugsy wrote:8 in taunton and 3 itboxes :shock:
ashford kent: 7 local winos, 6 crappy fruits, 5 duty managers, 4 damaged tables, 3 broken toilets, 2 daily fights . . . . . And a partridge in a pear tree. . . . . :lol:
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:
mr lugsy wrote:8 in taunton and 3 itboxes :shock:
ashford kent: 7 local winos, 6 crappy fruits, 5 duty managers, 4 damaged tables, 3 broken toilets, 2 daily fights . . . . . And a partridge in a pear tree. . . . . :lol:
[Sung] Fiiiive... Ooold......Mings!