New Beginning

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
AMK

Post by AMK »

You missed Jackpot Kings Method off that LOL
... Join The Party!
Scott

Post by Scott »

BFK wrote:Try Gamestec/Essex Leisure/Sceptre/Claremont as a collector/engineer.

Not a great wage, but u could top it up for obvious reasons.

Yeah, Monday you go in and empty the machine for your employer, Tuesday you go in and 'empty' it for yourself, you would'nt last 5 minutes lol.
Cobwebs 👆
silent g

Post by silent g »

learn how to ban people for good fruitchat!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

silent g wrote:learn how to ban people for good fruitchat!
Unbelievable, are you STILL crying, Mouthy Gimp?
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

the ideal job to carry on BOTH ways of life is a multi-drop delivery driver. get a sat nav, blag you have done for years... TNT, DHL, DPD you name it, they all need drivers... the bonus is that you're driving around all day and can hit a few machines on the way. high street shopping will cease to exist as we know it over the next decade; if you don't wear it, it will get delivered to the door.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Noels Beard - I'm fairly certain lying on your CV is a criminal offence, I'm sure there must be some fraud or deception law that covers it or anyone and everyone applying for a job would simply lie about qualifications/experience.

I think that mindset is very much typical of a gambler and I'd suggest ruler of the world avoids this path if he is serious. Also if you did manage to pull it off without any suspicions there's always the chance it could come back to haunt you. Let's face it, what life and work skills would the average fruit machine player have? There's certainly careers and jobs out there but the correct approach will be of key importance.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Quite. Obtaining employment by misrepresenting yourself on your CV would be considered fraud.

Falsifying information either in a CV or during an interview when the offender knows the information to be untrue is a criminal offence under the Fraud Act 2006. It is also a crime to make a misrepresentation by using body language to confirm a lie. The punishment in either case is imprisonment for up to 10 years. A simple nod of the head which, for example, falsely gives the impression the offender has a particular qualification, could well result in a prison sentence if later to be found untrue.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Interesting stuff blackmogu, I wasn't aware of the exact law but thought there did have to be one to prevent the obvious.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i am having trouble comprehending a 10 stretch for fraud (on a sliding scale this a tame one aswell) when child abusers and rapists get less. maybe a conditional discharge or at worst a fine in the real world.

i'm not condoning lying on a c.v and clearly it is an offence because of the statement on most applications you have to sign, but if you do tell a little porky it's best not to 'walter mitty' too much, it would be easier to pull off a bit of sales and marketing experience than a first class honours in nuclear physics.

as far as a reference goes, a lot of firms have gone to the wall in the current economic climate.

EDIT, after googling, it appears that a woman got 3 months jail for lying about 2 'A' levels on an application for an NHS job a few years ago.... SO DON'T DO IT ON A PUBLIC SECTOR APPLICATION!!!!!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Just say you worked at woolworths
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

or lehman brothers lol
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

On a serious note why not start ones own business or if not write all the skills you have on ur CV. E.g. Driving, latest updates in technology, working alone, working as part of a team undercover work?, soft drinks testing, communication skills, mathematical ability for counting the £, ingenuity, nationwide knowledge of most towns/cities/roads/routes, ability to work long hours if required etc etc etc. . .
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Ok...yes I checked it out and it does seem that a creative CV can get you in trouble.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jun/ ... pe=article

However. I can never imagine it coming to anything. I'd say given the sort of extreme situations we're talking about (I have no work history for ... 12 years), it's well worth it. I'm confident I could wing it, I've seen how 'employable' my mother is: and she is pretty useless really. Yet her CV says otherwise and she had a fairly respectable job in the Civil Service.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I think that as long as you claim to have done something you know you can confidently do, they would never catch you out.

Being a long term fruity player I think gives you various skills (if you use your brain):
1) Becoming very familiar with certain areas and the country in general (knowing your way around the UK), this is obviously a big advantage and helpful for other work possibilities.
2) Knowing how to deal with people diplomatically, in uncomfortable situations (bar staff, punters, angry/nosey bar staff/punters + those nosey arcade attendants) - people skills obviously very useful in the service sector.
3) Self management - pretty obvious but stuff like your banking, organising routes, etc.
4) Team player/leader - if you're in a little 'gang' of fruit players or a duo, you should have ample experience in this.

You couldn't PROVE any of the above but you'll know you can do it so why not say you can in a CV under a fake job which can't be traced? You'll never get caught out unless you're claiming to do something that you can't.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Very smart ruler of the world, you can play up your CV a little as long as it is relevant to things you have experienced and learnt. It does provide some substance even though they may be small white lies. For anyone having trouble with keeping the right side of this thin grey line, please contact the smartest and most intelligent brainiest member of the board, none other than JG of course.