Roulette tales

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

He fought out of a Gym in Romford about 15 years ago, Middleweight. He stills goes to Paul Rees gym every now and again for a bit of sparring.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

redlinesman wrote:He fought out of a Gym in Romford about 15 years ago, Middleweight. He stills goes to Paul Rees gym every now and again for a bit of sparring.

you never loose it really, ive seen a 60 year old man ex pro boxer knock a young man clean off the ground. Myself I used to be in the boxing game. IN the Dave Studley gym down Walthamstow, a notorious boxer's gym full of hard knocks. I used to spar with all the greats, George Foreman, Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson and Bruno Brookes just to name a few. I usually knocked them all clean out and they begged me to teach them the art of fine boxing. However I had a few hits around there, no pun intended and had to jog on to the next location. I was at peak physical fitness and could lift two transits vans above my head without even trying.
I got asked to leave the gym as I was too good and people were complaining I was punching them too hard. This disheartened me and so I left the world of boxing somewhat, I have probably rubbed shoulders with The Chief on a few occasions though, that's if he ever got close enough to me to even have a chance at landing a punch.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

The Chief is 39 and is fantasic shape as he trains most days. He can often be seen jogging through central London early in morning. His Dad works at the Tower of London so he always takes that in on his route.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Well guys. People used to comment on my bulge when I was younger....but that was before I teamed my skin tight white chinos with a matching bum-bag/fanny pack. I'm sure even the chief wouldn't notice my sheath. But back to the important stuff...johncluedo wants me to spill beans on Rise To The Top & eurovision is desperate to learn about Raise The Roof.

Well John, sorry to disappoint, but you couldn't empty Rise To The Top. However, they did hold a lot of buzz & 20-40 profits were not uncommon. Jackpot could be attained off numerous features....as could the lines... Which I seem to remember having jackpot features as well!

As for Raise The Roof...well I'm sorry Euro, but I can't help. I still have a healthy route of £5 Raise The Roofs and I can't afford to share them with anyone. Interestingly, both these games have a similar board layout, but couldn't be more different in terms of profile.

Now who wants to talk about Maygays enduring classic....Bar Trekkin!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Oh so the verdict was you could only empty some Side Splitters. I remember you trying this drop zone thingy off barcode! Raymondo was the Rise To The Top man!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Quirky.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Beetley New Inn had a Rise To The Top. Remember Raymondo putting a lot in this one night.
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

I remember about 10 weeks before the trick got leaked there was a guy around Birmingham who walked in and his eyes cast menacingly on the unit I was on, the chief made a positive ID almost as he walked through the door and I downed tools and walked out.QUOTE

after reading this post i realised that
you had mentioned the word tools.
[i downed tools and walked out.]
were you tooling by any chance?
discostu

Post by discostu »

One of the best reads ever on this site, nh!
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

No Euro, that type of thing is against what I believe in and certainly wouldn't risk the financial future I have secured for myself by doing something that involves breaking the law. It was just an expression meaning I stopped what I was doing.
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Noels Beard wrote: Now who wants to talk about Maygays enduring classic....Bar Trekkin!
Could you empty them?

I used to enjoy playing these!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Was that the one with the toad on on it?
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

johncluedo wrote:Could you empty them?

I used to enjoy playing these!
No. But they used to streak well.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Raise The Roof was a good machine.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Reservoir Frogs. Never could hit it on 00.00