Playing Lifestyle - Should it carry a health warning?!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

good thread .

i slot day on day off

although my day starts at 8am ,,,,,, and finishes anywhere between 7-11.30 pm.

i have the next day to rest , spend time with the mrs etc

mon wed fri sun tues thur etc etc .

works for me

my batteries are always charged for my day

however around 7pm onwards , start to feel knackered , but im 37 now

must start weight training and eating correctly on my spare days.
Little discipline = BIG issue

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I just play monday to friday weekends off! but community serivce has stopped my playing all day everyday!!

2 hours left! YeSSSSSSSSSSSS
justice For The 96
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

anfield road wrote:I just play monday to friday weekends off! but community serivce has stopped my playing all day everyday!!

2 hours left! YeSSSSSSSSSSSS
lol
some 'lifestyle'
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I love it, 20 years old go where i want get what i want play what i want shag what i want (whithin reason + a bankroll).
Back to the 1 month on the road story this summer playing and drinking around the country whilst *making/trying* money

I love the playing lifestyle HELL OF ALOT BETTER THAN WORKING GURANTEED!!! ABSOULTE 100% GUARENTEE NO QUESTIONS. (community service was for drinking and police assault whislt away playing)
justice For The 96
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

anfield road wrote:GURANTEED!!! ABSOULTE 100% GUARENTEE
GARUNTEE
GAURANTEE
GUARENTEE
GURANTEE
GUARENTEE
GAURENTEE

GUARANTEE

Seems a lot of players struggle with this word, myself included, just had to check
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

Lack of social time is a pain. Happily slot 7-12 and service wander if still alert. But off chance do pop out for a pint with chaps i know then i end up playing the slots anyway lol.
Generally smoke more slotting as cig when driving and when out of pub. Routine starts lol.
Eating stupid hours and junk isn't good. Always try to go decent pub for lunch....failing that Subway or other type place. Last resort KFC of MacD's lol.
Sure the gallons of fizzy sweet drinks isn't good for the old bladder or sugar concentration :(
Soon there'll be a 'Pro-Gambler Condition' - Diabetes, Lung Cancer, Clotted Arteries, Weak right knee (accelerator pedal) and thigh (coins banging into leg all day). Wow list can go on and on lol.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

anfield road wrote:I love it, 20 years old go where i want get what i want play what i want shag what i want (whithin reason + a bankroll).
Back to the 1 month on the road story this summer playing and drinking around the country whilst *making/trying* money

I love the playing lifestyle HELL OF ALOT BETTER THAN WORKING GURANTEED!!! ABSOULTE 100% GUARENTEE NO QUESTIONS. (community service was for drinking and police assault whislt away playing)
In 15 years when you've done both, THEN you'll be in a position to make a balanced judgement.

I'd much rather have a very good regular income, a car, house, sky+, 4 guitars, wife, two well fed kids, money in the bank and a future than professional gambling guaranteed :D
JG

Post by JG »

You're assuming a judgement from Anfield, based on obtaining a *very* good income from 'proper' work. A lower income will just leave him yearning for the good old days and resenting work.

Legacy/compensated machines which offer 'player' value. How much longer?

How long before it's 2000 players skittling around the country playing the last 1000 legacy machines?
How much longer before it's video Rainbow Riches in every pub/bowling alley/services?

How much longer until rushing down the kebab house to play that £35 Hissing Squid with wierd decals is the only option?

How much longer until £5 4 reel DOND is the best machine in Showbles?

How much longer?

So when it dries up, what to do? wait for a phonecall telling of a way to rip a notechanger? Wait for a phonecall telling of a code to put in for three leprechauns? Hmmmm?

Anyhow, iirc, Anfield makes £500/day tax free, of which let's guess £200 gets spent on drink, petrol, girls, hotels, designer clothes etc

£300 stashed away, he's been doing that since 2007 start of, let's see two years, playing let's say 300 days a year.

let's say 700 days for the start on 2009, that's 700 days * £300 => £210,000 saved and earning more........from legit playing and maybe a bit of LooTing helped with that figure. Who knows.

Ok, he's a bit late in the day to jump onto this whole I bought ten houses back in 1997, they're all buy to lets now and I've got so much positive equity I'm about to explode with money.

However I could see Anfield get involved with Wi-fi share dealing connectivity market fraud inside spread bet wheel dealings. Probably some clever i-phone App that makes markets bullish/bearish on a press on a button and you can buy/lay or put or whatever they call it as appropriate.

Recalculating. I estimate Anfield to be worth £3,642,344 at this present moment in time. Pete he's sorted for life. No need for him to get paid £65,000 plus expenses and whoopedybloopedys as an IT consultant consultancy consultant.

On a serious note Pete, I appreciate what you're saying about stability, comfort and general warm feeling of family happiness with any gambling being purely 100% recreatinal, not vocational and hence highly stressful.
You're dead right of course, all gamblers are emotionally immature, delusional individuals with no sense of perspective. We all need rechipping.
ob

Post by ob »

I doubt most players have saved anything substansial, and I count this as 6 figures, I'd say 95% of players, even those that have been at it for years have not saved up this figure.

If you have worked properly, you understand how hard real work actually is, comparitive to playing, where you have freedom over hours, days, work done etc.etc., no real pressure, no stress. Although I hasten to add I only worked a real job for a couple of months (was a high paying office job not McD's lol).

I've never really played machines professionally just for money, could get much better and stable money in a proper job, I value more the flexibility and lifestyle - hence for example I would often pass a pub I looked at and thought this is a shithole, rather than many players who would check everything... Also I tend to research methods on a few different machines for interests sake, I find it quite interesting to work out new methods for machines that are not well known...

These new £70jp's will be a turning point I reckon for playing in general, either it will go much better, or completely pointless... we'll see...

Can always blag my way back into office jobs with my qualifications anyhow, even with all this recession rubbish... :)
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

i.kno.20.ish.players.mostly.old.skoolers.from.the.red.arrow.days....now.these.prob.regarded.as.some.of.the.best.players.in.the.country.most.have.fuck.all.to.there.name.yeah.they.have.cars.rent.places.do.ok.but.they.dont.have.flash.cars.big.houses.nice.family.lives........and.its.all.down.to.GREED.they.all.have.other.gambling.problems.mainly.roullete......now.lets.say.each.of.these.players.in.there.playin.life.had.amassed.say.100k.each.better.ones...and.dodgey.ones.200-300k.......thats.in.excess.of.5.million......

now.out.of.those.20.players.only.one.ownes.his.own.4.bed.house.car.family.etc.......and.thats.through.complete.self.contol.and.thats.wot.most.of.us.lack....some.even.have.laptops.with.the.spacebar.still.fuctional.bcos.they.didnt.rip.it.off.after.loosing.a.1200.dollar.cash.pot.on.the.river.......

now.see.where.im.coming.from.its.all.well.and.good.making.it....its.keeping.it.thats.the.problem

one.sucess.story.out.of.20.ish........

i.work.now.altough.still.get.all.the.latest.info.which.is.a.lot.of.hassle.to.be.fair.like.JG.sed.the.note.change.thing.lol.spot.on.son.but.hassle.

we.get.the.info.through.a.network.of.trust.at.in.some.cases.ppl.selling.info.to.fuel.addictions.again.......it.all.comes.down.to.greed

i.must.look.like.a.right.pikey.with.no.spacebar.lol
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

making money ,,,,,,,,,,,,, is the easy part

holding on to it ,,,,,,,,, different matter altogether

im not on about general living expenses , and luxurious treats

i mean not throwing it back down another gambling route , not getting complacent , and above all recognising the difference within yourself between being professional in your approach to your given edge,,,,,,,,,,,,, or being a gambler

DISCIPLINE DISCIPLINE DISCIPLINE

HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Heck why should you care about your health if you can type like that, legendary
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

dont you remember hrk you loon ,,,,,, i have a nuclear powerd keyboard that types automatically .

its not like me to throw pointless insults ,,,,,,,, but ffs ,,,,,, in order to talk to you in a language that you understand ,,,,,,, i will have to lower myself to your level .

HRK IS A PRICK

sorry everybody else ,,,,,,,,, feel free to delete this mods ,,,,,,, i take no offence .

but seriously can somebody tell me how to rationalise with hrk ?????? :? : :roll:

JG

Post by JG »

I'm a little bit puzzled as to what the problem is with trayhop's typing. Yeah there's the crazy commas,,,,,,,,,,and a few missed capitals, but the prose is fine and it reads smooth enough. We've seen far worse HRK, so I'm not sure what all this is about.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

my.post........the.amazing.post.that.ppl.just.ignore

Jg edit: Sorry for ignoring, I thought it was a fantastic post, worthy of quote of the year