What is an MTR???

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

just a local rag which you wouldn't have heard of unless you happened to live in my area. re countdown: i'm not gyles brandreth but i am an expert on Word Up, not as good as VB/EWQ but nearly. our very own Cardinal Richelieu was on Countdown (hope he doesn't mind me outing him).
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Not at all UP. As long as you don't mind me outing you as an ex-contestant on Going for Gold!

Incidentally, there was a sketch on Dead Ringers last night where "Des Lynam" was taking the piss out of a contestant for being a sad bastard and appearing on a TV show for old grannies when he was only 24.

How old was I when I appeared on it?? 24.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

100% off-topic but...

aha!
Count Rochefort is doing Your Eminence proud in his espionage.
nobody ever wins on those things.
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

No way Cardinal!!!!

What a claim for fame 8)

How well did you do?

I wouldnt say countdown is intended for grannies, its got huge cult status at Universities...Although Des Lynam is shit compared to the last guy.

Going for Gold? Remind me of that show again? Im only 20, i may have missed it.

Should we make a different thread for this? Entitled Fruitchat's hall of fame. Ill go make it :)

King.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Something that will be coming out soon is an A - Z of terms for the new members. That way if someone asks a simple question they can be pointed to the correct area to look it up.

The post will more than likely be a sticky thread in the general forum.

8)
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Suprises me how Carol Vorderman is still strangely hot despite being like 50 or however old she is
Agreed! Like a fine wine, she seems to be getting better with age! :wink:

I've seen photos of her from 15-odd years ago and I wouldn't have touched her with a barge pole, her transformation of recent years has often puzzled me. Surely plastic surgery has played an instrumental role in ths!!???
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

This is without doubt the most entertaining thread of any forum I've read in years!

Where else can you go from 'What is an MTR' to full-blown argument to the topic of Carol Vorderman being hot at 50+

... good old Fruitchat :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

i agree nixxy!! :D

this has been one of the most interesting threads i have seen!! im proud to be part of it!!! lol

tom
king_conspiracy

Well I just thought id swing the topic from a newb deserving a flaming for not being appreciative and hurling expletives at me....

To none other than the lovely Carol Vorderman.

Just imagine being her kids?!

when your mates come round.....

"wheres your Mum then mate? Ive bruised my leg wondered if she could take a look at it".

"Yeah! Yeah! And ive got some Maths work that i really need a hand with...You know how good she is at numbers"

King.
king_conspiracy

Also guys,

Read the posts by Tomcat and Toothless, as it was mentioned by another one of our perceptive FC posters.....I do believe they are the same person.

Toothless can be seen to support Tomcat and make comments that dont make sense, he defends himself when no one has adressed him, and he makes comments that are almost identical to those made by tomcat.

Seriously read the posts guys....Something seems a bit weird there.

King.

Post by Guest »

Hi all, me and toothless are not the same person. Why do you think we are? No comprende senuer!!! Cheers.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

would not be surprised if they are the same person, tho not that bothered if they are. if he wants to aid his reputataion on the board by emulating the public let him.

just kill this topic right now.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

im not tomcat!!!! lol ive sent him a pm as well as u king! why wud i want to send myself a pm? and also why wud i want to make myself to accounts and then defend myself through another person when i cud jus do it through my normal account?

trust me, im from Hampshire and a true Portsmouth Fan!!! i do not have a clue who this tomcat is.

anyways, the reason why i defended him was just through previous threads which i have read, where you king have been told by the mod to apologise or to be less 'agressive' over your opinions. i just thought that where he was asking a question, you in your mind were giving advice however, he percieved it as sarcastic and unfair. again to mixed opinions. i have apologised to you king for my previous post and would like to forget about it!! lol

the main point here is that i am not the SAME PERSON AS TOMCAT!! even though it does look suspesious.

Tom or (Toothless)
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

I do believe they are the same person.
I have a theory of my own, they are both none other than the legendary.........

POTWASHER!!!!!

:lol:
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Texas Pete wrote:
I do believe they are the same person.
I have a theory of my own, they are both none other than the legendary.........

POTWASHER!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mentioned it as there are a couple of similarities between your posts, you both say you've been playing for about 6 years and you both are called Tom in some way. If you say you aren't the same person then fair enough.