5 Years time!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i was chatting to a chinese guy who gets a stand on a local festival, its a two day thing with about 6000 people allowed in. it cost him £9000 for the weekend, and he was selling very small portions for £5.50 a shit, gp on the actual food was probably 1000percent, but the pitch rental is staggering.. id say it'd be a 1/4million for something like glastonbury? its all one company for each type of food.. so one burger van chain with 15 vans.. =£15 - 20k per van?
harry2

Post by harry2 »

We charge 20% at nomal Ascot races and 25% at Royal. Our turnover for the week is £80 million.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

harry2 wrote:We charge 20% at nomal Ascot races and 25% at Royal. Our turnover for the week is £80 million.
im assuming its a long term contract that wont ever change, it'd be the same caterers every time?
harry2

Post by harry2 »

It used to be two caterers up to about 2003 and then it was decided to have one only. The others had their regional base at Ascot and had been there seventy years. To be honest two multinationals have bought up all the smaller businesses in the last decade and are the only ones cabable of covering the event. The contract is renewed every two years and you could be out in three months if they wanted you to go.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Bouncy castle hire, go to all the local football tounements, faytes ect. kids partys and that.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Got to be good money in that. Only issues these days is doing all those risk assessments, getting your CRB test and the price of public liability insurance. You might want to get some of those sumo suits as weel. They always go down well. Good luck, mate, just hope it's a nice long sunny summer.
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

pokerpete wrote:playing poker for a living isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Makes a much better hobby than job.

Poker is a hobby for me - and a profitable one at that. Noticeable tho even in the last two years its getting tougher and tougher.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I might try for a role in the house of commons so I can milk tons of expenses and sniff coke off a prozzies belly while getting kicked in the balls at the weekends, what a life ay!! :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i would gladly kick you in the balls for free m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,, thats what friends are for :P
Little discipline = BIG issue

Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I will hold you to that Lee! Whens this meet then? :lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yup looking forward to the summer meet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it may not be till june/july/aug time whatever ,,,,,,,,,,, ( im letting someone else take a crack at organising this time ) but i'll defo be there.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

easiest money i've ever seen is the mini golf course on the west cliff where i live, £2 to go round, and his only running costs are the electricity for the windmill you have to hit the ball under :lol: .