Playing Lifestyle - Should it carry a health warning?!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Spyder wrote:.
imagine earning £5 an hour for those 10 hours... you'd feel even worse
Who said people havent got quallifications that earns them £20 or even there own boss raking in money from their business, not everyone works for minimum wage mate
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Hrk aint got a scooby
sir ratholer

Re: Playing Lifestyle - Should it carry a health warning?!

Post by sir ratholer »

gambogaz1 wrote:
sir ratholer wrote:
Nixxy wrote:
Fatigue is the main problem. It's not just the whole 'feeling tired' thing, it the 'permanently feeling tired' thing.
This is exactly what I was trying to describe when I talked about burnout - I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm fighting against falling asleep in my car on the way to the first game of the day.
If that's how your feeling then it sounds to me like greed is ruining you not the lifestyle, You say your doing very well so why you putting in so many hours??
I know some machines need keeping on top of but your probably earning more an hour tax free than your average joe public so if your feeling run down take a few days off to refuel. If you can't bring yourself to do it then it's either greed or Addiction getting you up in the morning.
No point earning money mate if you can't enjoy it :wink:
Yeah this is pretty true - I guess I think if I take a day off then I'm foregoing £x, which is probably a bad way to look at things. Also I've got so much competition that I want to be burning areas left right and centre - I've got the mentality that I don't want anyone else to be winning unfortunately. It's definitely not addiction, hate the industry and if I could find something else to pay the same money then I would.

Totally agree there's no point in earning money if you can't enjoy it, and I do have a good non-machine lifestyle, but this recent hard work has screwed me up - but it's also a bad environment to work in long term I think.

As for HRK's thoughts, where do you play?? It's pretty good for me anyway.
Bored of the grind.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

You choose your lifestyle, you take your chances - simple as.

Fitness freaks go for a jog and die of a heart attack whilst slobs who smoke 40 a day and drink 10 pints a day live till they're well into retirement age, there is no justice.

Sir R, if you're gonna meet the Grim Reaper then it will happen mate but I'd recommend you quit stressing about it coz the rendezvous will happen earlier than need be.

Take a break and chill fella. 8)
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Also feeling the burn. Work full time. In the last six months of my second distance learning university course, play in the region of 30-40 hours a week, have girlfriend, play sqash and football twice a week.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Spyder wrote:join a gym and do an hour each morning... nothing intense, just a few minutes on a bike/treadmill... watch the news on the tv while you do it,
then have a sauna and shower, eat a decent rounded breakfast...

have a proper dinner at some point in the day...

why not eat at one of your pub hits? instead of hitting and running...

getting up and just getting in the car to go on a run will fuck you up..

10 hours on ya feet shouldnt have you going crazy... imagine earning £5 an hour for those 10 hours... you'd feel even worse
finished uni at the weekend and started my summer job in a restaurant this week, after 3 10 hour shifts i can safely say to anyone that's thinking of jacking it in.... don't bother, unless the job you're taking has a lot of intrinsic benefits or pays well.
yorkie

Post by yorkie »

I treat fruits as a job, set out at ten each morning, back home for six seven o'clock in the evening.Have a proper evening meal each night ,have a couple of good quality time hours with my wife and kids few beers then bed. At 40 still feel fresh and ready each morning, also make sure i have at least one day off a week. SIMPLES
Oh and also make sure to take holidays from time to time, off to Gran Canaria in a fortnight :D feel free to batter my routes.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Fast-food, beer and fags...
i need a health warning tattoo!!
:(
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

Drpepper wrote:
finished uni at the weekend and started my summer job in a restaurant this week, after 3 10 hour shifts i can safely say to anyone that's thinking of jacking it in.... don't bother, unless the job you're taking has a lot of intrinsic benefits or pays well.
British Summer Time hasn't even started yet!!!!!!!

Students today don't know they're born.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

David Healy wrote:
Drpepper wrote:
British Summer Time hasn't even started yet!!!!!!!

Students today don't know they're born.
I am actually aware that it is march you know, i appologise that my figure of speech offended you so greatly.

my easter holiday job has started... was just emphasizing the point someone else made that there's there's no easy money in the world.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

back to subject, went out this morning, got bored, and going on piss tonight so sacked it off and came home...i know i should be out there, but thought...fuck it!
Unbelievable Jeff
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

yorkie wrote:I treat fruits as a job, set out at ten each morning, back home for six seven o'clock in the evening.Have a proper evening meal each night ,have a couple of good quality time hours with my wife and kids few beers then bed. At 40 still feel fresh and ready each morning, also make sure i have at least one day off a week. SIMPLES
Oh and also make sure to take holidays from time to time, off to Gran Canaria in a fortnight :D feel free to batter my routes.
You got any dubries for me like shaun?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

went paintballing on thursday was gona sack it off to do a route but went anyway spent cash had a great day so glad i went, been ages since took a day off.

could not move on friday and my legs just managed to get me round today.
TRAPPED!
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

INVINCIBLE wrote:went paintballing on thursday was gona sack it off to do a route
There in lies the problem between players and what you'd call a proper job. I'd jump at the chance to take a day off and go paintballing, But a players mind is always "How much am I missing out on?"
Simple fact is GREED. If you turn down a decent days laugh for either paintball/pub crawl or whatever so that you can do your route then I can only see greed fueling you.
Try working for £10 an hour before tax for 37.5 hours a week then you might learn to respect money and leisure time properly.

I use to be jealous of full time players but to be fair over the last 12 months or so, I've noticed just how spoilt some peoples living is and how ungrateful peoples minds turn.

You need to find the right balance between earning & living. I work to live not vice versa.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

gambogaz1 wrote:
You need to find the right balance between earning & living. I work to live not vice versa.
will do mate :roll:
TRAPPED!