Strimming

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
rickroll

Post by rickroll »

How come players on here think plugging a cash attack was ok or having a empty on a machine but think toolers are the devil?

I am not condoning toolers just want to know where players are happy to draw the line?
Scott

Post by Scott »

harry2 wrote:10p with surgical tape around worked in primitive 50p slots. Either gave 5 x 10p change or 2 plays and 40p change.

Sounds about right.

Thats a fair point rickroll, i've never tooled but i suppose sticking objects in note changers is much worse than plugging because your entering the premises with these devices in your pocket with the intention of making money.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

To be honest with you personally I don't even like keying machines these days, let alone plug them. Its all about the current climate, and with unscrupulous activities being prevalent its increasingly hard to go about honest business without operators/landlords etc scrutinizing you.

10 or 15 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about plugging, but nowadays it makes me uneasy, and the significantly increased awareness of people is the reason for this, coupled with horror stories Stephen King would have be immensely proud of, where friends of mine have been arrested for using a refill key......

The thing that makes me laugh/cry is when you are approached by staff in a pub for example, and they are adamant that you are up to no good, even though you aren't, and they attempt to justify asking you to leave by citing some incredibly imaginitive excuses, such as "We're closing for a 12 week refurbishment in 10 minutes", while people are still queueing up for their Sunday Roast, or "we've been watching you on camera, and are concerned you are committing software fraud(!!!!!!), so we'd be happier if you didn't play this particular machine......" as happened to me last month on a P2 dial.

Despite staff being more vigilant, thieves will often slip by unnoticed and its the honest players who suffer because of this. That is why I don't like thieves, and also that most of them are generally not nice people, whereas alot of players are very decent and approachable human beings. There are exceptions in both cases obviously.

These are just my observations and opinions mind you....
betchrider

Re: Strimming

Post by betchrider »

CraigDag wrote:Caught a bloke called gibbo up in edinburgh strimming fag m/c's, one pocket full of fags, the other full of coins!
I know gibbo mate and have infomed him you are spreadin rumours!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
rickroll

Post by rickroll »

Extreme Eddie wrote:
harry2 wrote:10p with surgical tape around worked in primitive 50p slots. Either gave 5 x 10p change or 2 plays and 40p change.

Sounds about right.

Thats a fair point rickroll, i've never tooled but i have switched off (cash attack/ape, honey money etc) i suppose sticking objects in note changers is much worse than plugging because your entering the premises with these devices in your pocket with the intention of making money, with plugging you just flick it off/on and thats it. But strictly speaking your 'stealing' all the money but in a different way, i can see this kicking up quite a stir!

I dont think it will because anyone who has flicked a switch, has used a full empty, used to key up extreme's or any other trick has in essence tooled a machine. They may not have tooled it in the regular sense but they have certainly stolen the same as a tooler, and they wont wish to comment because they know they are wrong and they slag off toolers everyday on here.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Point 1 flicking a switch I agree is a form of tooling, your interfering with the machine in a way that it's not designed to be played, they put memory banks in incase of power losses to prevent us from losing money yet it's been abused.
Point 2 I disagree some emptys invovle just playing the machine and collecting a certain feature which is what they're designed to be used for, just because you find a particular feature keeps coming back and the machine emptys you haven't broken the law, you've put your money in, played the fruit machine and collected something, Isn't that the aim of the game????
Point 3 keyeing Extremes again fair point, your using a key to make the machine do something it shouldn't so you are infact using a tool only on a lot smaller scale money wise.

I don't know how any toolers work but I have a persona of a person walking upto a machine and without inserting any of there own money they either hopper dump it or get free plays, if this is right then for me there's still 1 big differnce between toolers & players methods
Players still have to pay to obtain a particular scenario in which they then use there methods to obtain extra cash
Toolers just blatently rob the machine which is illegal.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Weve had this before i think if a programmer puts it in with the intent to then go and empty em(which id say is about 70% of the time)then its still theft an not really any different
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

rickroll wrote:
I dont think it will because anyone who has flicked a switch, has used a full empty, used to key up extreme's or any other trick has in essence tooled a machine. They may not have tooled it in the regular sense but they have certainly stolen the same as a tooler, and they wont wish to comment because they know they are wrong and they slag off toolers everyday on here.
Erm you have made one big error with your huge generalisation - anyone who has used a full empty has not tooled a machine, they are beating the machine fair and square with their own wits and THIS IS NOT the same as tooling, plain and simple. A tooler can win money regardless of how badly they play a machine.

As for plugging/key ups etc then this is certainly a grey area which could lead to trouble in some places which is why I tend to avoid such 'methods' myself...
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Fort we wernt talking about tooling? jg harry???
harry2

Post by harry2 »

thecannonball89 wrote:Fort we wernt talking about tooling? jg harry???

Well the rules doesn't allow it, but it appears it needs to be discussed. As long as people don't start talking about buying bars, or "how does tooling work", I think this thread can continue for now.

Maybe the rules should change, as said previously.
Roulette free since December 2011.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Fair enough harry!
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I've never heard such bullshit in all my life, to suggest that plugging falls under the same category as dumping a hopper using a device is fucking ridiculous. Plugging IS WRONG, lets not be in any doubt of that, it still amounts to tampering with a machine. Emptying a Supercharged for example is going to raise eyebrows, but unless you are the programmer who coded the trick into the machine, you are simply making full use of information in a perfectly legal way, since you are paying to play the machine. Therefore while you have credits the buttons are there at your disposal, for you to press in any order you wish.........

Sneaking an Issue of Readers Wives into a copy of the Sun you are about to pay for, or declaring a bag of pick n mix only contains 20p worth of sweets when the bag is clearly bulging with at least a dozen of those 5p fizzy strawberry belts, but you know the elderly lady with failing eyesight won't bother to check, is wrong.
Bundling a prostitute into the boot of your A-reg Sierra and driving to remote wasteland, before repeatedly violating her, beating her to death and setting the corpse on fire, is also wrong, very wrong.

But do you see the same sentence being handed down?

Because I fookin well don't.

The only people trying to justify ahem.... t**ling on this board in this manner are people who, to some extent, have a hand, or perhaps even both hands, in such activities.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

you are simply making full use of information in a perfectly legal way, since you are paying to play the machine.
That is simply the most sensible and correct line in this entire thread. ;) OK, there are moral issues (you 'know' that the way you are 'pressing the buttons' really shouldn't be 'allowed'), but it's something I, and I'm sure most of us on here, could live with quite comfortably.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
rickroll

Post by rickroll »

Mr McStreak wrote:I've never heard such bullshit in all my life, to suggest that plugging falls under the same category as dumping a hopper using a device is fucking ridiculous. Plugging IS WRONG, lets not be in any doubt of that, it still amounts to tampering with a machine. Emptying a Supercharged for example is going to raise eyebrows, but unless you are the programmer who coded the trick into the machine, you are simply making full use of information in a perfectly legal way, since you are paying to play the machine. Therefore while you have credits the buttons are there at your disposal, for you to press in any order you wish.........

Sneaking an Issue of Readers Wives into a copy of the Sun you are about to pay for, or declaring a bag of pick n mix only contains 20p worth of sweets when the bag is clearly bulging with at least a dozen of those 5p fizzy strawberry belts, but you know the elderly lady with failing eyesight won't bother to check, is wrong.
Bundling a prostitute into the boot of your A-reg Sierra and driving to remote wasteland, before repeatedly violating her, beating her to death and setting the corpse on fire, is also wrong, very wrong.

But do you see the same sentence being handed down?

Because I fookin well don't.

The only people trying to justify ahem.... t**ling on this board in this manner are people who, to some extent, have a hand, or perhaps even both hands, in such activities.
so if you had a empty on a fruit and you knew it was floated daily what would you do ?.. you would rape it everyday, you are stealing the money from it end of. maybe not to the same extent as a tooler but you are still robbing it. Lots of players just want to take the moral high ground on this, but i bet 90% of those players would jump at the chance of 1 week doing it for a £4k week ..
Scott

Post by Scott »

made a fortune.
Cobwebs 👆