Why I dont play much anymore

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Post by JG »

had bars and 35 on a game recently.

Roulette is for losers and people with computers in their feet.

Post by Guest »

....digitised tootsies huh....its all good!!
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

When i started you played a pub bandit for a laugh / few quid and a club for a proper gamble. Pub machines are slowly turning into club game play and this puts off the casual guy. cant put it simpler
harry2

Post by harry2 »

£23 into a red last week to get a £2 board that went higher than a 3 to a 10, lower than a 10 to an 11. Average Joe ain't gonna play no more.
e4ans

Post by e4ans »

you cant put your pint change in no more and maybe a get a tenner for the next pub, now its pull up a chair and get them £20's pumped in!
JG

Post by JG »

Actually I'm changing sides, I'm sick of all this bloomin' whinging and moaning.

Usually when I go out for a drink, I do not partake in any serious sectionthirtyfouramusementwithprizesactivity. However one of my friends does like the occassional go in a skillwithprizes or even a humplfethirtyforwithrises. We'll usually go a couple of quid each+silver. That's it. No action, no action. Move on, we lost £2 each, get over it. Game over. It wasn't happenning. Didn't win. C'est la vie.
Sometimes you'll get a bit of a win. Got £5 on a Dream Factory and £10 on a Hall of Fame last time we played. Don't even say it. Don't even say it. I know what some of you want to say. Just shush, this wasn't all about that. Yes it wasn't a, yes it was properly there. Yes. Just shush ok.
I could tell this mate any method and he wouldn't remember it. He wouldn't really care. He has a Cluedo in his town centre pub where he often goes. He's happy to play it for £2 on 10p play when the footy is on and that's that. Game over. Doesn't matter. Shush. Apparantly he had £10 on the cashpot the other day. Doesn't matter. Shush. He didn't care about that other thing. Shush.
On an evening, I've witnessed big pots on Games Medias, buzzy flavas and the like. It's all still there.
Average Joe wouldn't pay £23 for a board. That's Gambling Gary who pays £23 for a board. Gambling Gary will pay £23 for a board again as he's in the pub and there are no FOBTs and he can't play on line poker on his phone.
Then there's Mick the Munter who'd quite happily stick £20 down the back seat of a Police car, whack a few helmets about, tweak plod's nose and make some noises. If it has a flashy light on it, he'll stick money in there somehow. An extreme example of Mick is that guy who went in MattB's boozer last week.

Many games have options to play lower stakes and even if they don't, many people still stake a couple of quid. These games still take a few hundred a week, so someone's playing them.

Yes the s34AWP has lost out to the diffuse nature of gambling in 2008. I also believe that £5 jackpot AWPs would capture more of the essence of what 'pub games' are really all about, perhaps we're missing that somewhat with bigger jackpot games. Maybe the industry is missing a trick there. Less duty and probably will get played just as much, if not more.

However we do seem to be painting a picture that every machine in every pub is £20+ for a board which will offer £2. If it's a Monopoly Hot Property then that is usually correct, otherwise, I think we're being a bit depressive about the whole matter.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

I agree with the concept of £5 JP's being more to Joe Munter's liking, but as the industry stands, they would have to invest an awful lot to re profile the vast majority of these games. At times they can take the JP value and more just for a board then you are directly into a chase scenario to recoup losses.
Even a 30p Bell Fruit board every few credits for a £3 bar doesn't play nice on £5 - it just saves for the equivalent value before offering the board, so still Joe Munter gets no bang for his buck.
Lets face it, they'll never create a profile that will suit players and munter alike, the munter profile is as BFM as you can get but players hate it because of the random IM scenario and no streak reflex if you're mad enough to play it through. The player profile is as Red as you can get but flavas as discussed are rapidly drying up, Joe Munter ironically wouldn't fair *too* badly playing on Mega Spins and collecting stuff on a semi ready COB or the like, but he won't play that profile for the once or twice he'd plough all his beer change through with not one reel spin.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
JG

Post by JG »

Yes agreed, there are some awful £5 machines out there.

For an average punter a 'Hot Wheels' would be a dreary 60p or nowt affair. Can't have that. Then £5 Reds. Uuug. £15 for no board anyone? The ideal profile is one that doesn't penalise the main reflex too heavily if it saves for a streak and one that only gives slight player edge. Chuck in usually frequent boards as well please.

Post by Guest »

done 200 in hills tonite...i'm fukkin fuming...had a few brewski's and i think i kan hit em...lasted about 8-10 mins max...
JG

Post by JG »

Stay off the piste. Brewskis on a bleak run leads to broken bankrolls.

FOBTs are bent as fook. It has been clinically and scientifically and evidence based double blind randomised controlled super duper skill stop trial proven on here.

Anfield Road has learned his lesson on these. Now my friend, so must you.

Stare into this >>> ⌐ñÑ}Ü¥ <<<

You are receptive to my suggestion.

relax. Focus on this >>> ÜÉ«ÜmÑ <<<

Do not play fixed odds betting terminals, even when sober.

And >CLICK< wake up.

Post by Guest »

feels a little better now....DANKE JACKPOT GEORGE!!!
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

ob and anfileld i can understand both of ur points but im going 2 go with anfiled here,im loving it at the minute never made so much money as im making now
i got more routes than loreal
ob

Post by ob »

pickareel wrote:ob and anfileld i can understand both of ur points but im going 2 go with anfiled here,im loving it at the minute never made so much money as im making now

what on all the new bfm's that are everywhere, crazy chair, dream factory or maybe crests oche oche oche or reds poor cash or bust, damn you kesh for having so much good stuff around... come on you know I'm 100% right that these new fruits are crap, cash attack is a 1 off and the one newer DOND thats good is rare anyhow.

Honestly I've never seen such a poor selection of machines in towns in the past few years
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i must admit the new releases are awful,but at the minute im happy with the hit list i have,1 thing that i have noticed is that all the big outskirt pubs (brewers fayre,toby carvery etc etc)are full of little devils and dream factorys and the crazy chair,when all my good hits go then ill start moaning again,but when a good machine goes another normally crops up somewhere else
i got more routes than loreal
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

You must be well proud you can play fruits, you want an A level certification for it ?