dont know if this if true

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

betchrider wrote:Theft is theft pure and simple. You don't steal something in a little way you either steal it or pay for it
agreed. can't believe what trayhop is saying. he has some very confused ethics.
'i thought this 10p was a £2 coin your honour'
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Oscar wrote:Personally when I used to empty a machine through gameplay I would feel as though I was beating the machine, and often sport a smug triumphant grin on my face. However when I was doing random spinners etc I felt like I was doing something naughty, but still grabbed what I could nonetheless. Its the closest I've ever felt to tooling without actually having a device in the machine.

I know people who felt they were doing nothing wrong doing these, and were pretty ruthless about them, getting them refloated and staying on them etc until getting banned, and others who felt really uneasy about it.

Technically you were merely taking advantage of a weak machine, but at the end of the day an arcade owner is going to feel defrauded as his meters will be down by £1.90 for every credit that has been played in that way.

I don't feel anyones opinion is necessarily right or wrong here, because everyone on here has different backgrounds and therefore will have a different perspective, maybe even several perspectives, or just the one.

Personally I feel that with arcade owners generally being greedy cunts, and remembering how they couldn't get such machines into their arcades fast enough because they made alot of money from problem gamblers, I'm glad they got fucked hard on this, and if something similar ever occurs again i'll be back out there on it, twice as hard
I agree with you on this
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

The witness is yours
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i know operators who refused to pay for chip n spin's after getting burnt, the manufacturer should be held responsible for any weakness that doesn't require a device to exploit imo.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I actually do agree with Betch about putting 10p in and getting £2 of credits as being illegal. Or at least incredibly borderline. Which is why I refused to do any.

It's nothing close to being as bad as tooling though.
Bored of the grind.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Also agree with Oscar on the morality of arcade owners, and mr lugsy generally too.
Bored of the grind.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

trayhop123 wrote:and jord i can see what you n betch are getting at , , , , but cmon ,,,, its a grey area of naughtyness at best ,,,,,,,,,, miles of difference from the crowbar and gadget brigade
Yes, it may be seen by some as a grey area, whereas others see it in black and White.

I'm not bothered if it's theft or not. I'm gonna do it.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

successful businesses built on transparency and total honesty in the way they operate... list below

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Thing is if I see somebody drop some money ill tell em. I think I'm more likely to do anything towards fruits as all they and the operators do is prey on the weak. And for them to prosper causes others to suffer. That's why I'm of the “fuck em" attitude. “You live by the sword you die by the sword" IMO
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Marjorie
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

100% agree.

Not with the Marjorie bit. Who is she anyway?

I found a wallet in Henfield last summer and gave it to the shop owner, (it was claimed later that day). Less than a week later, I lost £160 out of a daft pocket it my jeans when the zip fucked up (or I didn't zip it), so karma doesn't work for me.

Korma does though!
pound

Post by pound »

trayhop123 wrote:and jord i can see what you n betch are getting at , , , , but cmon ,,,, its a grey area of naughtyness at best ,,,,,,,,,, miles of difference from the crowbar and gadget brigade
No difference in the thefts, Both going equipped for theft/fraud.
In your case not a crow bar but a bag of 10ps instead.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Was a quote from big brother fruit(Marjorie ) as was live by the sword die by the sword. Although I do know it didn't originate on bb. Same here jord I'd do most although drew the line at the keys thing. Just out of fear of getting caught really
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Ok slightly off topic what if you were given a dead cert in a sporting event say youknew the person involved. Would you lump on to make a absolute killing? Or stay on the moral high ground?
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Ah yes, Big Brother!

Though I much preferred the £250 versions.