can you put your money in the bank?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

They cant take a penny :P

That would be like you saying to a bar manager 'excuse me mate, can i have the £20 back i just lost in your machine?'. You risk your money, you deserve your rewards. 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
theoak

Post by theoak »

I wouldnt classify as self-employed? More like unemployed but dfon't register for benefits and you shouldnt have troubles.
samellaway

Post by samellaway »

thats exactly how i look at it because you dont see people going into a pub and winning a pot and saying to the bar staff ''thanks mate, here is £3.77 for my tax''!!!
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

quizard wrote:These days all financial institutions are required by law to effectively spy on their customers on behalf of the authorities to detect money laundering, proceeds of crime etc.

Anyone who keeps paying in signifcant sums and doesn't appear to have a proper job or pay any tax is going to seem a bit suss.
they're told to look for suspicous banking patterns. large withdrawls and large deposits. mainly cash

you could set up 3 bank accounts

one for spending, one for paying in and one main one for all your living expenses bills etc - just move the money between the 3

or set up a paypal account and move your money in and out of that each week
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

now that. sounds like money laundering.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

i always thought the tax was paid as soon as you put your pound in
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Terry Tibbs wrote:
quizard wrote:These days all financial institutions are required by law to effectively spy on their customers on behalf of the authorities to detect money laundering, proceeds of crime etc.

Anyone who keeps paying in signifcant sums and doesn't appear to have a proper job or pay any tax is going to seem a bit suss.
they're told to look for suspicous banking patterns. large withdrawls and large deposits. mainly cash

one for spending, one for paying in and one main one for all your living expenses bills etc - just move the money between the 3

or if you want to be even more covert.

set up 3 offshore account in somewhere like montenegnro where banking secrecy is top notch. They never give access to account details based on thinks like IRS reasons

set up a gateway account and move all your money through this and have your spend and save accounts active behind this. Keep your main account in the UK.
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Terry Tibbs wrote:
Terry Tibbs wrote:

or if you want to be even more covert.

set up 3 offshore account in somewhere like montenegnro where banking secrecy is top notch. They never give access to account details based on thinks like IRS reasons

set up a gateway account and move all your money through this and have your spend and save accounts active behind this. Keep your main account in the UK.

All that effort for £2.50 :lol:
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Tax is payable quarterly in arrears.
Oli

Post by Oli »

I used to work for a financial institution, processing mortage applications. The company i worked for, had to see a recent payslip (no older than 3 months) AND the P60 for the most recent year. If you didnt have both of these, then your application got denied. No exceptions, no special cases. I dont know 100%, but i can't imagine any other company would give you a mortage without seeing these documents.

So no, you won't be able to get a mortgage if your only income source is fruits. :)
streaky bacon?
bowie

Post by bowie »

Anything over ten grand is investigated.

Post by Guest »

Dunhamzzz wrote:now that. sounds like money laundering.
Yes and would look like it too.

Just get a lot of bank accounts, use them as nesecery and nothing should come up.

At the end of the day though that cannot do you with nothing for playing. (in fact even if you had been rodding they still couldnt), unless you got caught in the act, in which case anything you got that came 'from playing' would be taken.

If you are rodding PM me, out of interest.