Keys, Another Question - Help Please.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Tecky

Keys, Another Question - Help Please.

Post by Tecky »

Not 100% if i'm allowed to post about these but i've found plenty of topics about it when I searched so here's my post.

Before joining the site I didnt have a clue about 'Keys'.

Since searching i've learnt that using one (discretly) will tell you how much is in the hopper? Is this correct?

So basically you can see how much money is / isn't in the machine.

I want to get one but have no idea what they look like, where to get them from and finally how much.

i've seen some on ebay but I have no idea which one to get.

i'm in England so could anyone point me in the right direction.

I've searched the forum and I know about the consequences of using them.

Cheers!

PS, if anyone is in the Manchester, England area and have a key I could buy please PM me and I can come today (Sunday 7th) and give you some quids for it!

Cheers!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Go to any good locksmith and ask for a Lowe & Fletcher 87000 Tecky. They should have the cut codes and make you one for about £3. Saves the hassle of ebay, i've heard people getting duff ones from there.

As you say, beware with their usage.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Tecky

Post by Tecky »

Got a key but got a few questions before I use it.

1) Will the fruit machine's alarm not go off?
2) What will be the readings on the screen so I know what's in the hopper?
3) Will the machine make any noise of any sort when the key is inserted?

Cheers!
Matty

Post by Matty »

The alarm should not go off ! Had it once on a mazz before going off but the club was so noisy no one noticed at all.
Differnt machines tell you differnt things i.e last win,hopper balance, and volume control and finaly it shouldnt make any noise when you put your key into the machine.
Gone.But not forgotton 16th Aug 2006..............
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

more than likely it will say something along these lines, 100 x 53 which would mean it's 53 pounds away from full.
Tecky

Post by Tecky »

I was getting things today like, bank £00.000

and refill 4

What do these mean?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Tecky wrote:I was getting things today like, bank £00.000

and refill 4

What do these mean?
If it said REFILL * 4 (with that asterisk), then that suggests to me that you were keying a Global which was £4 short of being full.

Bank £00.000 sounds like you keyed a Bellfruit with the DIL switch-thingybob handily allowing you a bit more info than most current machines normally would.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Tecky

Post by Tecky »

nixxy wrote:
Tecky wrote:I was getting things today like, bank £00.000

and refill 4

What do these mean?
If it said REFILL * 4 (with that asterisk), then that suggests to me that you were keying a Global which was £4 short of being full.

Bank £00.000 sounds like you keyed a Bellfruit with the DIL switch-thingybob handily allowing you a bit more info than most current machines normally would.

so what does the bank £00.000 actually mean?

The refill * 4 was on a 10p play £5 JP how much can you expect to get from these?

keys

Post by Guest »

no the alarm wont go off tecky m8! i have an original refill key from day 1!lowe and fletcher 87000. just be very quick whilst using it and check the pub landlord/arcade guy aint looking haha!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Tecky wrote:The refill * 4 was on a 10p play £5 JP how much can you expect to get from these?
Put it this way - some payout over a steady period of time with infrequent JPs but frequent low/mid-wins, others hardly let you on the board at all and 'save up' for big streaks.

The latter machines, therefore, can be a real liability. It's quite conceivable that you can stick over £50 in one of these and not see a high-value win. But out of nowhere, they'll streak. See old posts for people's experiences of ridiculous things like 9 IM boards in a row.

The usual rules apply, because these like all other machines are usually subject to a weekly refill. So don't be caught out!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy