BAR STAFF PLAYING MACHINES

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
golden_game

Post by golden_game »

i could remeber doing the empty on ' the spice is right ' i was on my 6th knockback was going for the next feature the coin mech broke. it would not accept any more coins.

the bouncers was watching me play. i went in the next day just to find out the bouncers collected every win as the engineer had fixed the machine the next day. They made a packet on it. wasnt too impressed .
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

thanks for the response to my question........

i went back to the pub which is a brewers fayre and they said the same thing the staff are not allowed to play the machines when on shift only before shift or after their shift.

With brewers/brewsters it seems it depends on who the manager is. It seems that they have the final say if the bar staff can play the machines or not....

Personally i think this looks bad to the general public. If i was a joe punter in a pub and stick 40 in notes into the machine lose it all. Then while i am finishing off my pint the bar staff do the machine in front of me. I would kick off.

On the other hand if bar staff are sharking punters on the bandits then it makes things more difficult for players to win on them. takes the value out of the machine.
bowie

Post by bowie »

I work in a Brewers Fayre, it is definately managers decision, plus none will let you play in uniform or uniform showing.

Duty manager - Varies, most of the time it's fine if there's no or little customers in.

General Manager - No

Area Manager - I'll get my coat.

I stuck a tenner in once, played a quid only for the area managers car to pull up, nearly broke the bloody collect button!
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

One recently played the quiz machine next to a fruitie i was doing, left when it was obvious i knew how to drop it after watching me for 5mins (made some comment like "Oh, you're playing for that feature!"), annoying but you have to put up with them, barstaff irritate me in general as they probably steal more than half the available jackpots in pubs i go in (obvious most know how to play them, can't blame them, would do the same......).
bowie

Post by bowie »

Get a job in a bar if it annoys you that much.
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

bowie wrote:Get a job in a bar if it annoys you that much.
Why bother, i go in for a drink/profit, think i'm going to have to alter my routine for max profit in the next month, too many bar staff know when I do my rounds each week as i've stuck to same routine too often lately.

This week alone, i've had numerous people hovering over my shoulder while playing, word spreads quickly if it looks like you are winning...
bowie

Post by bowie »

I know when the players come into my work, i check the machines before and after they come in, usually doesn't make much of a difference.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Alcozar you must be doing something wrong if people are cottoning on to when, where and what time you play.

By the way, whats it like being a celebrity, "This week alone, I've had numerous people hovering over my shoulder while playing". WHHYYYY??? Do you bring so much attention to yourself or do people have f*ck all to do around your end?
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

bowie wrote:I know when the players come into my work, i check the machines before and after they come in, usually doesn't make much of a difference.
Can't be very good players then can they!
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

ma71lda wrote:Alcozar you must be doing something wrong if people are cottoning on to when, where and what time you play.

By the way, whats it like being a celebrity, "This week alone, I've had numerous people hovering over my shoulder while playing". WHHYYYY??? Do you bring so much attention to yourself or do people have f*ck all to do around your end?
Basically, it's a machine i drop at least 1-3 times a week in same pub, volume is turned to max so it's obvious when the jackpot music plays (heard quieter music in nightclubs), after doing this for around 3-4 months not surprising that some people are watching.

Yes, people have f**k all to do nearby......... sad but true.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

like someone else said you would do the same yourself if you were behind the bar, its like a perk of the job if your a player.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

3-4 months! They maybe watching but they sure aint learning!! :lol:

Nice little earner that Alcozar, keep it up. :wink:
darcle

Post by darcle »

When i worked behind the bar in a harvester i used to watch the machines while on shift. As long as I was finished by 11.30 my manageress used to let me have an hour on the machines after work, but never before work or while on a break. I could play whenever i wanted outside work unless the area manager was there, which meant a very big no no!!!!
wokingjames

Post by wokingjames »

I used to work in a pub in Woking, the manager was fine with us playing off shift but as he was out alot we all used to have a sneeky go when it was quiet, quite often Id get on the board and then go and have to serve someone and it time out on me!!
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

bowie wrote:Get a job in a bar if it annoys you that much.
work in a bar for peanuts no thanks