JD Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Like JD Wetherspoons Pubs ?

Yes
69%
No
21%
Never go there
10%

Total votes: 78

Rawkusrecords

Post by Rawkusrecords »

Greyfriar's (Weatherspoons) in Preston, Lancs has about six machines I think.

They are usually quite dead unless you get to them Saturday & Sunday openings.

Not a very nice place, would go for the 99p Corona's
stop&step

Post by stop&step »

My loacl spoons has four, YDD, TOP GIZA, HILL BILLIONARE, TREASURE HUNT all on 78% and 25p a go, apart from billionare obviously being a multi stake job, Think they need to get rid of that billionare shit tho, its bloody toilet.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i didn't vote because i can't make my mind up.

+ves: cheap, lots of machines, latest stuff; not fossil machines, barstaff understand English, no music, attract mug punters,

-ves: rotten beer, machines in non-smoking areas, bloody kids charging abround, chavs, no sound on machines, attract pro's
nobody ever wins on those things.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

The Weatherspoons near me has a Top Giza, Hill Billionaire, Legal Tender & Barmy Army, all of which are pretty much always dead as fuck. The beer is end-of-the-line slurry which explains the staggeringly cheap prices, prices which result in the place attracting all the local scum.

Still seem to regularly find myself in there playing them though, now where’s the logic in that? :roll:

Post by Guest »

2 many players go in weatherspoons in my opinion i prefer an out of the way country pub
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

keshie wrote:2 many players go in weatherspoons in my opinion i prefer an out of the way country pub
The lack of music to drown the payouts doesn't help either
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

One thing that is correct is it attracting deadbeats. Nice expensive bars (over 21's) usually have a lot better atmosphere.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

The lack of music to drown the payouts doesn't help either
So true! Sunburnt scaffolders who've been drinking stale stella all day just LOVE hearing you dropping £50 out of the m/c they've pumped all their cash in!

You find yourself trying to sneak the cash out £3 at a time. What a debacle! :D
Fader

Post by Fader »

wel i agree on the supernova ;)

lovely machine - and one that hightens my ego :>
Chance favours the prepared mind!
lushy

Post by lushy »

my spoons has 5 fruitys and an itbox. fruities being crazy cobra, legal tender, x-rated, ant n dec & round the board in 40 days. all at 78% 25p per play. all shite

well impressed they stock magners cider in there now though!
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

ChopleyTurnip wrote:
Dynamike wrote:All the 'spoons near me are on 25p a spin which is nice. I quite like them, granted you get a few ruffians but the cheap food and drink are a bonus and no sketchy r&b pumping out at full volume makes it easier to hear if a machine's backing.
One could just place one's ear against the cabinet on the cashbox side, can tell if it's backing even in the noisest pub, or even nightclub, for that matter. (You can "feel" it as well as actually hear it.)
I didn't say you couldn't tell :wink:

My local has Legal Tender, JP Genie (which is due to go soon) and a Reel Good Time which recently replaced AFU.

Another good thing about weatherspoons is when a new machine comes in the average stella drinking punter (not that I'm generalising) will take at least a couple of weeks to figure it out, during that time it will be buzzing its nuts off. £5 from cash scroll red on Reel Good Time the other night :lol:
fruitofthegods

Post by fruitofthegods »

who cares what machines are there when bottled stella is about £1 a bottle!

Cheap drink, standard food, good fruit machines
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Spot on Fruit of the Gods!

Sort of reply I was looking for!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

you cant tell if they are backing?????

you'd have to be a complete muppet to try and tell if a cobra or top giza was backing! cuz they are still using the alternating hoppers...

if all else fails KEY THE FUCKIN MACHINES!

also they dont have shit beer, it all comes from the same place as your other local pubs... its not close dated or off, they just sell it cheap and sell more of it, making more money.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

The fact that the beer is so cheap wouldn't convince me to spend an evening there. I'll happily pay an extra quid a pint to drink somewhere with a decent atmosphere that isn't full of kids. Perhaps this only applies to the one near me though. :? :

I used to love drinking in Weatherspoons about 10 years ago, but I was 17 at the time....