JD Wetherspoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Like JD Wetherspoons Pubs ?

Yes
69%
No
21%
Never go there
10%

Total votes: 78

ChrisBrighton

JD Wetherspoons

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Anyone play JD Wetherspoons?

Usually have the latest machines, however always stone dead as its a player haven.

Lots of kids walking in not buying a drink, pumping £50.00 of credits in getting JP and thinking they are pro's.

Anyone else?
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

I quite like my local weatherspoons but not for machines as we have two bells in there i think at the moment :?
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

They also always have the maximum amount of machines a pub is allowed which is 4.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Im sure i have seen a pub with more than 4 machines??? Maybe my mind playing tricks :?

Weatherspoons near me only has two machines in though and i won't touch either.
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

ChrisBrighton wrote:They also always have the maximum amount of machines a pub is allowed which is 4.
Take it that doesn't include IT Box's etc? 'cos mine has 4 Mech's plus two others?
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Thats right, 4 AWP's & 2 SWP's
fruitofthegods

Post by fruitofthegods »

my local spoons has 5 machines and 2 itboxe things

its quite........ bad
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

My local - BFU, CC, Top Gear, HOP, Doc's and Nurses, so that's 5. Plus an ItBox...
All on 25p though, I find they don't streak as often however...

Usually get a £50 out of CC and SS out of TG with a minimal stake once a week however...
mjd

Post by mjd »

I rarely go to them, however gotta love them for the cheap beer!

(when you dont go often it makes every visit sweeter)
boom
big ste

Post by big ste »

Wetherspoons in newark has 4 machines but they swapped the only good one on friday (never mind the jps) with a barmy army so will probably only go in there for cheap drink now as the machines play very poorly (except nevermind the jps which was a regular earner). the other machines are............

crazy cobra (refuse to go on this or any other red after i once payed 23 for a board to be killed on 2nd gamble offering nothing)

ant n dec (evryone knows - total shit never gets played)

supernova (can be ok but usually empty)

barmy army (first one ive seen in the town so may get some tips off here and give it a try tomorrow)

Post by Guest »

Don't Wetherspoons set to absolute rock-bottom percentages? 74% or some such thing?

I'm all for a decent fruity round in the pubs, but the smart money's on getting out of the city centre and into some of the more local infested drinkeries out in the sticks, or at least in suburbia.

Fighting it out with everyone else on 74% machines is plain fucking dumb.
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

All the 'spoons near me are on 25p a spin which is nice. I quite like them, granted you get a few ruffians but the cheap food and drink are a bonus and no sketchy r&b pumping out at full volume makes it easier to hear if a machine's backing.

Post by Guest »

Dynamike wrote:All the 'spoons near me are on 25p a spin which is nice. I quite like them, granted you get a few ruffians but the cheap food and drink are a bonus and no sketchy r&b pumping out at full volume makes it easier to hear if a machine's backing.
One could just place one's ear against the cabinet on the cashbox side, can tell if it's backing even in the noisest pub, or even nightclub, for that matter. (You can "feel" it as well as actually hear it.)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

A foot placed on the bottom of the cabinet's another good'un! ;)
n1cky70

Post by n1cky70 »

if a pub had a supernova, crazy cobra and barmy army i would be the happiest guy ever! especially if it was my local!