worst playing location in UK

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ssgtsnelly

worst playing location in UK

Post by ssgtsnelly »

right wheres your worst experience been for playing the mc's dont just mean a loss but least enthralling time..

without a shadow of a doubt..LUTON AIRPORT.

oh my god..got there on thursday morning at about 2am waiting for my flight and i was amass with excitement at the potential of it all..

og how i was wrong..worst shite ive ever seen...addams family was maybe the best on offer and thats no lie...the NEWEST red was LOCK AND LOAD 6 years old now :(

all bellshites and even those ORGINAL monopolies that were in that awful big green case and the very poor looking green front...

needless to say i sat down for 3 hours with nothing to do..not even smiths was open argh...

utter crap, airports are usually great
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Was this before security or after security. I went last AUG and found a few OK machines.

Before- £25- 3 pl Party Time 30p , Cash Explosion 30p, Rich Geezer 30p
£5- Cash Bang Wallop 10p, Bank Roll 10p

After- £25 all 30p - Party Games, IJ3, Cop the Lot, Jackpot Junction, Cash on the Lash, Spooky Hollow, Snakes N Ladders, 2x Joker Pokers, Beaver Las Vegas etc.

£5 10p, Pie Factory, Fast Fruits and one other old one.

£5-
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

well i think you have hit the nail as square as it could get there coaster haha......still EXACTLY the same..i looked at the one just as you walk in on the right by the cafes and stuff..then the little one after security that doubles as a smokiing room...saw a woman put £20 in party time 3 seat and then hit is as she won nothing lol..joker...

did put bout £4 in the IJ as i do quite like that m'c and got £8 back but the others i just couldnt be arsed...

i was just lost how they could be so bad compared to other airports that ive been in....

not even any bars that have m's in there...even east midlands has got a bar with two £25 awp's
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Still boring then, nothing new. About time they changed.

I think the arcades are called Gameszone. The one near the cafe is the one with the 3pl PartyTime standup. Then the one after security is next to the bar on the top left corner. then there is Boots next door and then departures, then another coffee/snack bar with a few seats in the centre of the lounge.

The only difference with this is it is not owned by BAA. BAA own London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Southampton, Stansted etc, but not London Luton.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Anyone who remembers Luton Airport as it used to be (we're only talking about 9 or 10 years ago incidentally) will know that it only ever had 2 fruit machines, at the back of a grubby bar, and no Gameszone at all. Now they've built the new terminal building, at least there are some m/c's!

The 2 they had were ... um ... Barcrest's Shoot Pool (remember the bloke shouting "shooooooooot pooool!!" and that Wild West themed one, again by Barcrest (what was it called??) - it was a clone of Las Vegas Strip, and it would give a taxi bonus called a 'deadwood stage'. The extra life was a Sheriff's badge. Both were £10 JP m/c's.

Two cups of tea and a packet of party rings to whoever can name that machine ....
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

such good memories boys :D

yeah my mate said that luton was not BAA thats maybe why then...

game zones in the services are amazing though :?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

As for worst playing location, I vote for Brighton's Palace Pier. Every god damn machine gets rodded/barred/sharked/emptied - you name it, it's been 'done'.

Oh and the Burger King at Liverpool Street station - which bizarrely has 2 fruit machines. Every time someone sits down to eat, or moves in any way at all, about 8 pigeons will start flapping around and panicking. Health and Safety my arse!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Burger King! Why?
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

I remember playing at nobles in Newcastle it wasnt very good. The staff all look bored and seem to persistantly walk past you about 10 times a minute or ask you if you want a drink exactly when you are on a true skill feature so you lose your concentration. Also if you go to play in the 10p £5 section there is normally always someone playing about 3 machines at once Why? For a reasonably big firm I find there machines are also poorly maintained, loads of blown bulbs on significant parts of the machines. If you also play the 10p £5 machines just to pass a bit of time you can normally expect some chav telling you he has just taking £30 out of the machine, then going on it the second you come off
Rawkusrecords

Post by Rawkusrecords »

nixxy wrote:
The 2 they had were ... um ... Barcrest's Shoot Pool (remember the bloke shouting "shooooooooot pooool!!" and that Wild West themed one, again by Barcrest (what was it called??) - it was a clone of Las Vegas Strip, and it would give a taxi bonus called a 'deadwood stage'. The extra life was a Sheriff's badge. Both were £10 JP m/c's.

Two cups of tea and a packet of party rings to whoever can name that machine ....
POT BLACK
MAGNIFICENT 7's ?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Ahh nice one RawkusRecords ....

Magnificent 7s played really slowly as I recall, but I'd still give it a few quid if I stumbled across one tomorrow. They used to have one downstairs in that Arcade on New St. in Birmingham (now an Agora), bet it's long gone now.

I liked Pot Black too - the skill stop didn't have a slowdown and it was a bastard trying to hit 'mystery shot'...
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

magic city in norwich is disgraceful, only machine in there i'd play is a bloody bell fruit, and thats only cus its LOTR TT and i love the noises :D
Unbelievable Jeff
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

South Mimms Services:

The worst All Fired Up in the history of the machine, seriously it can be that bad, £50 on a drop is standard for JP. Red Boost, you'll be lucky.

A picking Vamp which has all the joys a picking a vamp on a, questionable, 70% in a busy Service Station could have.

A Joker Poker with a tempremental coin-mech: it is not uncommon to put twenty coins through before it takes one.

A Bellfruit 'I'll take £10 before giving you a board on the drop' Monopoly

A Bellfruit 'I won't give you a board full stop' Bullseye

A 3 player Monopoly on a horrific 70%

A Throw a Wobbler with a regular £30 block between JP and Red Series.

And a wall full of s.16's including a v1.03 'I don't do the men bonus' Slotto

In reflection, I should never ever go there again.
bowie

Post by bowie »

My entire town of Dunfermline, Bell-Fruit heaven, or should i say hell.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

crosbyrules wrote:magic city in norwich is disgraceful, only machine in there i'd play is a bloody bell fruit, and thats only cus its LOTR TT and i love the noises :D
BAttle Axe, Addams FAmily, Cash run, Golsdtrike and Beer guide are good if you know how /when to play them.

Also can make loads on the £5 pink panther