Sneaky Spoons

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mattb

Sneaky Spoons

Post by Mattb »

Afternoon,

Anyone noticed JDW have been a bit sly and dropped their base % to 74% (from 78% previously). With all the new 50p machines offering higher payouts, they've dropped it back to in effect only give you 2% extra. Crafty buggers, anything to make a few quid more. Still, if it keeps their drinks down, i won't grumble.

I've found that Brewers Fayre do unbelivably good percentages though. All the ones i can go to are on 80-82%! Then you add on 6% more for some great payouts indeed. :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Yep i've noticed it everywhere round my way. If it's got the +6 % option then the most i've seen is 74%. Quite a few are only 70% :(
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Thats always been something i am unsure about.

Does the machine have to be set at whatever it says in the window?? I mean who would ever know if they set them all to 70% and advertised 80%??
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

There's something else i've spotted too. If the machine is a £35 JP the +6% doesn't light up so does this mean you only get the +6% on £25JP?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I'm sure they are put at what they say. It's probably audited and checked....they can get fined and such if its misleading i should think.

The Quiksilver here has no percentages displayed on any machines though which is odd :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Oli

Post by Oli »

I thought it was a legal requirment to display the %? I know its illegal to display a false % such 80% when its 70% but i doubt its checked that well and i bet loads of places do it. A good way round it would be to display the % on the LED when you press the change stake button. E.G.
"30p 74%" and "50p 80%".
streaky bacon?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Its illegal not to display a percentage or to have a misleading percentage. I.e reading 80% only paying 70%.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Oli wrote:I thought it was a legal requirment to display the %? I know its illegal to display a false % such 80% when its 70% but i doubt its checked that well and i bet loads of places do it. A good way round it would be to display the % on the LED when you press the change stake button. E.G.
"30p 74%" and "50p 80%".
That would be a great idea for all machines.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

probably a n00b question for which apologies but; do these multistake & multi%age machines have codependent banks for each stake?

or can they effectively be played as either one (or both) of two machines (30p, 70% and 50p, 76%). i'm puzzled :?
nobody ever wins on those things.
Oli

Post by Oli »

That's a big debate we have had a few times in the past. I think we came to the conclusion that there are NOT seperate pots. I think the consensus (sp?) was that there is an additional pot which the money equivalent of the extra 6% goes into. This pot cannot be accessed by the 30p play mode.

So effectively if you were to put £10 through on 50p play (assuming 30p =70% and 50p play = 76%) then £7 would go into the normal fruit machine pot (because £7 is 70%) and £0.60 would go into this extra pot (because £0.60 is the extra 6%). If another £10 went through than the normal pot would be £14 and the 50p pot would have £1.20 Therefore, if a player then played on 30p, the machine would be preapred to pay out £14. But if he played on 50p it would be prepared to pay out the £14 plus the 50 pot, totalling £15.20. And so on and so on. Get it?
streaky bacon?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Oli wrote:That's a big debate we have had a few times in the past. I think we came to the conclusion that there are NOT seperate pots. I think the consensus (sp?) was that there is an additional pot which the money equivalent of the extra 6% goes into. This pot cannot be accessed by the 30p play mode.

So effectively if you were to put £10 through on 50p play (assuming 30p =70% and 50p play = 76%) then £7 would go into the normal fruit machine pot and £6 would go into this extra pot. If another £10 went through than the normal pot would be £14 and the 50p pot would have £12. Therefore, if a player then played on 30p, the machine would be preapred to pay out £14. But if he played on 50p it would be prepared to pay out the £14 plus the 50 pot, totalling £26. Jackpot on a £25 machine.
How do you manage to get a combined pot of £13 off tenner? :?
Oli

Post by Oli »

I apologise, i have amended my orginal post.

Forgot it was the extra 6% not the whole 76%!
streaky bacon?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Apologie accepted :lol: You can definately tell the diff on machines between 50p and 30p play. I've got a bobby dazzler and a coranation street near me. The corrie 1 has a 50p stake option and i've had a £75 streak a £65 run and plenty of cheap JP's. in comparison the BD is only 30p and rarely drops a JP and the best i'v done is £35 off it.
chapman

Post by chapman »

im sure the quicksilvers are set at 84 or something here
Oli

Post by Oli »

Is that the coronation street thats a clone of bobby dazzler, or the one thats a clone of pink panther? If the bobby dazzler clone, i find these like to do £75 streaks anyway, so that might not have been down to playing on 50p play. :wink:
streaky bacon?