Newbies / Introduce Yourself Here

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Hello people. I have been a member for a couple of weeks and done a bit of lurking, going to start posting now.

Hope we are well.
DRAGON

Post by DRAGON »

Childhood addict started by Adders & Ladders on holiday in Great Yarmouth, loved playing but never managed to latch on to hidden tricks so was really just throwing it away, very recently started to dabble a bit but still way off the pace. Enjoying the banter.
mayo

Post by mayo »

Hey people, im tom from northampton and i am definatley the youngest here at 15 but have been playing the £5 jps for at least 5 years and know how most of them work :wink:

Post by Guest »

Hi I'm Lewis

Used to play loads 5-6 years ago and make a tidy sum, gave up because of women and work ... you know how it is!
Looking to play a little more again now I have some spare cash. Stumbled across this site while playing a bit of internet poker :s: :d: probably my major gambling outlet at the mo.
Fruit_world

Post by Fruit_world »

Hi all.

The name's James, I'm 21.

Been playing since I was younger at skegness and butlins, learnt from watching other players mostly.

Nowdays I only play on nights out. Night time I normally force it for top feature or at least jp when its backing, will try next board too but normally pull out before establishing if its streaking (Wimp you all cry!) unless I really go for it. Sometimes put stupid amounts in but the good days mostly make up for it- do they heck like! :roll:
I'd consider myself a slightly above average player but probably a novice compared to most of you lot I been reading about. I know most of the tricks, normally play with 2 or 3 mates, watching each other. Didn't know that trick on pink panther on skill stop though so I must be a novice!

Fave machines are/ were Nuns n Roses (Fast cash i'll take my quick £10 raise at least or often £20)
Yabba Dabba darts- when its ready its blooming ready!
But they both seem to be scarce around here recently.

Also like Rock n Roll and Juggling Jacpots that don't seem to take much to drop after the locals have filled them.

Most hated between us lot are LAB as you call it and DNA- I guess we just need to understand them better being as you lot list them amongst your faves. :lol: :lol: I better get reading that Red gaming bit.

Anyway, I know quite a bit as I say so will be glad to contribute!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Welcome all! :D

Yeah, i'd put it to you james that you have much to pcik up if you prefer JPTRAR and JJ's over LAB and DNA. Have a read over the Red section, plenty of good pointers in there. Those JJs can take £150+ for a top, and that's no exaggeration. It's the main reason they are generally hated around here! :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

I think he's doing well too hit £10 on fast cash at least, surely you must have the odd twitch????

welcome by the way :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
Fruit_world

Post by Fruit_world »

extreme eddie wrote:I think he's doing well too hit £10 on fast cash at least, surely you must have the odd twitch????

welcome by the way :wink:
Yep, only wanted to blow my own trumped a bit lol- especially if I'm tanked up it normally goes near the £3 mark :o ops:
Most have gone from round here- now dominated by stack attacks/ bucket loads/ LAB's/ The parrot's one/ Most Haunted and Invincible's.

I can vouch for JJ's and MM's taking the biscuit to jp sometimes and it really isn't worth it 7/10 times you are right.

I've been reading all this section whilst waiting to be reg'd, a very interesting place indeed! I'm certainly not the most clueless newbie ever anyway lol! :wink:
Basil Rathbone2

Post by Basil Rathbone2 »

A belated introduction from me. I'm Steve, live in Barnsley but work in Leeds so tend to do most of my playing there. Been playing since I was about 20 (I'm 38 now) - used to go out with a mate (his catchphrase was "pound each, pound back in", which gives you some idea ofhow much we used to spend!
Lost touch with him now but still go on on my own. Tend to stick with the ones I know espeically Throw A Wobbler and the various darts clones. However, some days I'm the mug who sticks £30-40 in then, when I nip out to the cashpoint, one of you *&"£s steams in and pinches the top feature! Fidning this site really useful and just a bit scary, as it appears that everyone else knows a hell of a lot more than I do! As I don't have any tips of my own to trade, how on earth am i supposed to find all the secrets?

One thing I would say on here is that, despite the jargonbuster, I still get confused by some of the terminology. What's a nudge rip, just as an example?
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Hi Basil & Welcome,

I have not been a member here for too long, but found it to be a great forum. You will not find many MTR's or cheats, but your general level of understanding will increase dramatically if you keep up with the posts and put other peoples experience into practice.

A word of advice is dont part with any cash for a so called emptier or manip, most of the time they are tripe. :?

There are a lot of pseudynms and catchphrases which you should learn, like names of machines, TAW / OAR / XR etc. Also features like PAR / SSS / SH etc.
phayisin

Post by phayisin »

Hi, I'm Paul, I'm 32 and from Hampshire. I have played m/cs for a few years now, but have never been too serious about it. Seeing all the info on here though could change that.
JamieKiernan

Post by JamieKiernan »

And hello to you.

I am Jamie from Barnsley, I have a healthy fascination with anything that has flashing lights. Got hooked on Fruit Machines when I left school at 16 and started earning a wage. Love the Barcrest machines, and hate Red games ... although anything that has a feature board, instead of a Hi-Lo all the way up makes me happy.

Also love testing my knowledge on Quiz Machines, and enjoy the odd luckly £20 on Deal or No Deal, 100-1 matched with £10 from Can U Dig It ... but at the expense of slapping a fair whack in! Yet to win the jackpot on Cluedo though!

Love the old(ish) machines, Frenzy, Homer's Meltdown, etc.

Been an avid reader for a while, don't quite get some of the language used, I tend to go all guns blazing and try and push a jackpot!

Anyhoo, I am rambling .... pleased to meet you all ... and when I say 'meet' .. ahh you know what I mean!
betfred

Post by betfred »

Im adam 19 years of age from somerset in the south west. Ive been playing fruities ever since i was about 14 in the arcadesona saturday etc. Then when i started driving at 17 i would occasionally pop down the services and stuff. I try not to take gambling too seriously but do like to win and like to know wat im doing on the machine im playing on. If anyone ever wants to discuss fruities privately or even fancies going for a gamble down in the south west then pm me
cheers
adam
deejay2412

Post by deejay2412 »

alright, im Oly 18 & from Sunderland. been using fruit machines for a few years now, jus out in the pubs & clubs, nothing too serious, seem to spending more n more money on em now so ive just bought 1 and thought it was about time i got clued up lol. enjoy the game of bully on the quiz machines aswell. been comin on for a few days (just registered) and im confused about most of the language lol. was just wondering if any1 could pm me any basic guides or be helpful in anyway, im grateful lol. (ps im not 1 who just comes on to get guides & cheats lol)
Basil Rathbone2

Post by Basil Rathbone2 »

deejay2412 wrote:was just wondering if any1 could pm me any basic guides or be helpful in anyway, im grateful lol. (ps im not 1 who just comes on to get guides & cheats lol)
Yeah, I tried that when i joined this forum and got some snotty guy emailing me asking what i was offering him in return. What did he expect from a newbie? :roll: