how many pubs have you been barred from in 1 day???

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
neil222

how many pubs have you been barred from in 1 day???

Post by neil222 »

i went out last night to do by usual round of pubs, i go in the first and play a BFU keyed it only 6 light i play after 13 in i take reel ko for £25 it shows life after so i push for a DM and 12 later it comes for 44 so a nice tidy profit. i slowly collect from bank then landlord comes over and tells me not to come back i ask why and he states that im using a device to rip the mc off and locals have seen me using a laser? what the fcuk!!!!
2 pubs later another pub with pay cheque gives 75 of 6 in and landlord tells me not to come back ive been playing in these pubs for 5 years iam thinking what is going on. the next pub i go to they refuse to serve me and explain they dont want players in their pub. anyway i go into town do a couple of d&n and call it a day. 3 pubs in the space of 3 hours which i have been playing in 4 years im pis*ed off. i understood it when i was playing out of town ripping old mtrs like sc and kk and so on, does anyone else have problems with locals making stories up about you
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

perhaps they were all contacting each other?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

dunno where you play but there is a scheme called pubwatch which links all pubs (and offies) in one zone. it was set up for the exchange of information on drug dealers, ppl barred for fighting etc. but it is open to abuse by landlords who don't understand how much of a genius you are with the bandits and assume you are on the fiddle.

where can i buy one of them crazy lasers? PM me :wink:
nobody ever wins on those things.
neil222

Post by neil222 »

pubs were a fair distance apart as i drive round and do them so 1 was in a smallish village and 2 other in estate pubs!!! in my area im now banned from about 8 pubs which is a bit shit. any one wants to buy a laser pm me he he he :P :P
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Yeah a couple of my mates have been placed on the pubwatch list before, I worked in a local pub a while back and had a look at the folder as well. The folders contain a photo & D.O.B of the person who's banned, along with the offence that earned the ban, and incidentally all the bans where due to either drugs, violence or damage to property. I think you would have to be caught red handed using a tool (and probably have the item in question withheld) to qualify for the pubwatch list.

Sounds to me like a combination of disgruntled locals and a landlord with a vendetta, who's just ringing around his fellow publicans and scaring them with daft tales of 'laser devices'. I wonder if Daz Watts drinks there? :lol:

I've never been barred by a landlord for playing a fruity, but I did get 'barred' from a nearby pub by a group of 5 locals who told me & a mate that if we came in the pub to 'do' their AFU again we'd get a good solid kicking. To be honest 2 against 5 is never going to be much of a fight, and in size terms one of them unfortunately resembled a horse! Haven't been back since, how embarrasing..... :o ops:
superfeature

Post by superfeature »

i got literally exiled from a place called market boworth about 2 years ago, i went in 4 pubs and got barred from every one of em for droppin the bandits!!
xbox live gamertag = THE lHAMBURGLER.

(add me for big firefight on call of duty 4 or 5)
mjd

Post by mjd »

some bloody people... why dont they STOP putting fruit machines in pubs.. its getting out of hand now..
boom
led

Post by led »

Something I do is now and again I'll keep going up to the bar and ask for change( even if I don't need it) after I've asked for about 30 in coins tell them that I'm getting rodgered by the bandit and that I'm well down. Drop the bandit then sit down order a pint a relax. Landlord is then happy because he thinks I put in at least 30 into bandit and I've bought 2 pints.

I don't do this all the time just now and again.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Must be great going to a pub with a deaf and blind landlord!
led

Post by led »

Must be great going to a pub with a deaf and blind landlord!
Bandit isn't in sight of the bar it's round the corner next to the bogs and they play loud music thanks to a deaf DJ :wink:
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

something i do is: if ever i get short-changed when asking for the change in ones please (which you invariably have to repeat for it to register with the barmaid, and even then she says "all of it", yes dear; all £7 odd.)
anyway, whenever i get short-changed i go back to the bar as soon as i have realised, produce a fiver and say "can i have six ones please".
you can tell instantly if it was an honest mistake (rare) or petty theiving.
nobody ever wins on those things.
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

Sorry to say this Neil but as you know....Virtually every Pub will get pissed off if they see you keying their machine. Leaning down to fiddle with the lock looks suspicious to any landlord. As much as everyone says its legal, is say 90% of landlords dont want you doing it.

You shouldnt have been barred, the landlords a wanker but im hearing/seeing the case of "being barred for winning" all too often recently. Me and a mate got barred from a pub for taking 75 out of a dna after putting 50 in, I wanted to scream in the fat ugly managers face, but what can you do...other than a childish "your pub is shit anyway old man" comment and walk off.

Sorry to hear about your day neil.

King_(C)
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I've been barred from more pubs than I can remember, it's just part of the joy of playing machines. It is incredibly frustating, especially when it's a guaranteed cash cow that you're not allowed to play.

However, I can see where the landlords / managers are coming from.

Their job is to keep the customers happy. If someone is coming in regularly, buying one drink and clearing out the machines, then the customers are going to get the hump. The only solution is to stop the people coming in to play the machine.

(I was once playing in the skankiest dive imaginable in Glasgow. Got barred for winning a large-ish amount. Landlord was apologetic, but said I could come back if I didn't play the machine again. Er... thanks)

Mind you, maybe I'm just saying this cos I don't play them anymore.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

superfeature wrote:i got literally exiled from a place called market boworth about 2 years ago, i went in 4 pubs and got barred from every one of em for droppin the bandits!!
yeah market bosworth bin there. super-click! Barred from 5 pubs in Leicester city centre all this year! bin playing em 4 7years wots all that about???????
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

I was barred from a few pubs a couple of years ago for taking a few big wins out of the machines. Then again i was only sixteen at the time :wink:
Gambling performs for the poor what property performs for the rich - something for nothing