newbie needs help remembering!!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
goffy123

newbie needs help remembering!!

Post by goffy123 »

hiya guys,new to the forum,im at the ripe old age of 50 now,and was remembering when I was a teenie,i used to meet at the local arcade (SHOWBOAT IN ALFRETON,DERBYSHIRE)which is still open lol,i can remember one certain machine I used to go on regular,loved it,sure it was called a lucky fruit,or a crazy fruit??? ssure the machine was a pinky colour,can remember 2 bells on the line was 50p and 3 on the line was a pound,3 grapes was 80p,3 plums 60p,3 oranges 50p,think wins over 50p were paid in tokens,can anybody remember this machine,would love to get one or even a picture lol. thanks tony ;)
goffy123

Post by goffy123 »

nearly forgot :D its probably a 1970s machine and it also had nudge feature,anybody???
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Was it a machine that nudged down only, the " nudge now " panel would flash and make that strange buzzing sound, allowing five nudges if you were quick ?

If the bells paid any position, it would rule out it being a JPM machine. Possibly a Bell Fruit.

Have a look here, might get lucky http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php? ... -machines/
Roulette free since December 2011.
goffy123

Post by goffy123 »

hiya harry,yea bells paid any position and 3 bell fruits paid a pound,lol and yea strange noise and 5 nudges.... classic :D got to get one lol thanks for your help,but cant see one on there,any other ideas? thanks tony
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Hope you aren't playing there now... You'll tread on some people's toes!!

Are the 777's chipped there yet?

Lol
goffy123

Post by goffy123 »

hiya are you from my neck of the woods then?? notbeen in there for a while,just trying to get my hands on an old nudger hopefully the one mentioned ;) just signed up to that other site, mecca,but cant post anything till ive introduced myself and it wont let me do it??? tony
JG

Post by JG »

Ilkeston, Heanor, Alfreton, Ripley etc

It's a long long long time since I've mosied around those parts, but iirc Alfreton has a Quicksilver. When I went in there it had a £5 video trick shot pool by BFG. Plus all the usual stuff like Rainbow Riches £500 etc
JG
harry2

Post by harry2 »

How about this. Very popular around that time. Plenty on e-bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMIQkWC19wQ
Roulette free since December 2011.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

goffy123 wrote:hiya are you from my neck of the woods then??
Just seen your other post saying where you live.. I used to live in those parts...

Barred from every pub in your town at one point... Used to have psycho cash beast in the clock.. The day they changed it for 'boulder dash' I was nearly sick on the bar... Totally gutted! And the pub across from that had a few good machines over the years... I'm surprised no-one ever opened an arcade up that way... A lot of people who love a gamble around there...

I got chased out of 'chillis' once for emptying l.o.t.t.a l.u.c.k. Lol. That was a lllllloooong time ago...