There's an app for that...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

JG wrote:Fancy a tasty snack in between two round pieces of bread?

There's a bap for that (apologies to the cob, butty and batch brigades)
Beat me to it George...
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

on a comedown?
feeling a bit strung out?

there's a wrap for that
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

'For fucks sake Dave, the cat is scratching the back door to get out again and its fetching all the paint of the door, will you put that pint down and do something about it?'

Dave, from the comfort of his sofa; 'Don't worry love, there's a flap for that'
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

hahaha, should of chosen a better thread name.

I think you're all looking at this from a hardcore players perspective, yes they'll be times when it could be used in seeking out a certain machine, but redcuntsman aside the majority on here don't really play anything different to anyone else.

In regards to machines that people feel they're the only ones playing, how many of those have you got? Bet you could count them on one hand, and they're likely no where near another place that could have machines.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Never mind a bap, a stottie is what it's all about!
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

feeder22 wrote:
In regards to machines that people feel they're the only ones playing, how many of those have you got? Bet you could count them on one hand, and they're likely no where near another place that could have machines.
This is the thinking of a person who has failed and who wants a bigger slice of the pie served on a plate. This concept would simply favour those who are struggling to make a go of things because they don't have the ability or are not prepared to put the work in. Any player worth his salt will have good routes that they make a good living off, and why an earth would they want to give that away? I just don't get it. And this goes for the full spectrum of players who could be playing general or specific machines.

Kind Regards,

Sir Linesman
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I think most of us misunderstood the point... Out of the whole country there's a tiny percentage of actual pros

Although an app like this could seriously hurt the top of the ladder if some good info came out and everyone knew where everything was, it could also work the other way...

... It could also mean that casuals play more in certain areas.... Remember that good machines for them are usually the worst machines for you guys...

One likely thing is I would think people more inclined to use the information available when away from home, but not actually update their home towns machines..
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Part of my post didn't survive a typo on my ipad...

People who fancy a gamble when they drink would probably buy the app... 69p or whatever the cheapest band is way less than how much it costs to play a fruity... So say they're sat in a bar in Hull on a night out, load up the app and look for 'take it or leave it' ... They might be a few doors away.... If they like that machine then they might move pubs...

If it was accurately updated, it would get good reviews and might be downloaded a lot...
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Some task. 55,000 pubs, then you have arcades, social clubs, snooker halls and out of the way places.

Would take hundreds of people to update.

Ie Just popping over to The Ferry Inn on the Isle of Skye to check that DOND is still there.
Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

Yep. Someone needs to check St Mary's on the Isles of Scilly. They had a Star Wars Rebel Assault two years ago, I wonder if it's still there?
JG
Cf

Post by Cf »

feeder22 wrote:hahaha, should of chosen a better thread name.

I think you're all looking at this from a hardcore players perspective, yes they'll be times when it could be used in seeking out a certain machine, but redcuntsman aside the majority on here don't really play anything different to anyone else.

But who else apart from a player would really want to use this app?

Casuals don't even know the name of the machine they're playing never mind downloading an app to search more of them out.

There will be a few who might make use of it I grant you, but why cater to them?

And the tucked unit thing is what I said on JPF. But it doesn't neccesarily mean "only" person to play a machine. I live in a busy city centre. Lots of players pass through. Playables in spoons and the like will be always dead. They just get checked too much. "Half playables" will usually be dead too. Yet just a street or two away all of these machines can be fine. The local players will play them but the passers by won't be doing because they either don't know the pub, or if they do what machine it has, or have time to go around checking them all. Hell, I've lived here for 9 years now and I still discover new pubs.

Essentially if player A and player B like machine X and both know one location each they might be doing ok. They then learn of the other location and both decide to play that too. Suddenly their earnings are going to drop because it's already been done by the other person. That's the sort of thing such an app would promote imo.

I'm rambling now so I'll shut up :)
ob

Post by ob »

Who's to say there will be playables with the 100jp in a conventional sense. Upgraded mist etc might not work etc so you're just left with shit donds as crest wont upgrade their stuff. We'll see not ruling it out could be brilliant who knows.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Will not work
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

how do you know that?! do you know what old machines are getting bumped up and what the programmes are?!
Going skint....
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

redlinesman wrote:This is the thinking of a person who has failed and who wants a bigger slice of the pie served on a plate. This concept would simply favour those who are struggling to make a go of things because they don't have the ability or are not prepared to put the work in. Any player worth his salt will have good routes that they make a good living off, and why an earth would they want to give that away? I just don't get it. And this goes for the full spectrum of players who could be playing general or specific machines.

Kind Regards,

Sir Linesman
Yep, total failure. Perhaps I should become a fantasist if that's how you determine success?

cunt
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.