Weird Annoying Locals

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

I had a nosey come up to me earlier, "winning anyfing mate?"... I said "nah I don't really understand this one".... he just walked away, nothing, no advice, not even a "yeah had JP out of it last night" :-(
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I actually witnessed a local doing over another local on a flicker the other day. The bloke who was playing it was shoving notes in, and his 'mate' (a big pissed up looking bloke) kept mentioning they were halves and told him to keep on it as it will soon pay etc.

After a while, I heard the bloke say he was now £80 in. From what I could gather, the big bloke had long since ran out of money, even though I never actually saw him put a penny in! The first bloke then suddenly left it and went away and sat down as he was also out of money. Then the big bloke fished in his pocket and said "oh I'll just try this £2 I just now found in my pocket!" Well he got on the board, got phones and it was the £50 box! The first bloke just got up said "enjoy" and walked out!!! The big bloke was literally shaking the coins in his pocket and boasting to all the other locals that he just won £50 and was laughing his head off!!
dixie999

Post by dixie999 »

"whats that that keeps lighting up in your pocket - you have just scammed that machine with that gadget "........

Its an Ipod......it plays music - stupid fucking numpty
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Suprised they looked that closely....You get enough bother with the earphones!
noodles8185

Post by noodles8185 »

Iv got one of these senarios at the min where i go in a pub and he fat bitch behind the bar says at top of voice "oh here comes the fruit machines boys" so now iv started sayin the same thing as soon as i walk in to mock her at top of my voice when walk in "fruit machine boys are here" suprisingly has brought less heat
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Jesus William! You must have had this many times over your years as a "top" player! Ego boost time i take it! If you dont like it then get a job!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Local pub landlady went for me last time I hesitated for a second at the new TIOLI (Electrowank version) and she screamed at me for 'playing her machines'.

When will landlords and landladies learn..
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I was accused of cheating last time I did the stop and step on Darts Marathon - I 'wasn't really hitting it'... what was I doing then?????????

High Priest has had people deliberately push him on the last speed of Cash Climber on Amazing... until he elbowed 1 in the jaw for his troubles.
amazing

Post by amazing »

Noels Beard wrote:How do we deal with these?

For about a year now I've been dealing with a real life stalker/hate merchant in my local area. Actually I've been dealing with a couple of them. Neither of them are professional players, one is a cluey bar manager; and one is a cluey local drunk.

The more recent experiences have been with the local drunk. Whilst I potter about of a day, I'll frequently bump into him and he'll think nothing of shouting out in the pub: "here he comes.... He's gonna drop the bandit everyone....watch out". When he has approached me and asked me "what I'm up to..." Or "how I do it...?" I'm always honest. I'm not doing anything I say, just playing it. He asks how I get so many jackpots, I reply by saying that I put a lot in. He says he doesn't believe me...I ask how much attention he was paying...he makes a half threatening remark and then vanishes.

Now this came to a head this morning when I was having a piss and he came into the toilet and gave me the same old lines. "You did alright on that didn't you...?" Was the opener. I told him I'd made a pound, the truth. £69 in for £70 out. He didn't believe me... "Why?" I asked. "You're up to something..." He replied. I insisted I wasn't. Next thing he's chatting to the landlord... pointing over at the machine, and gesticulating at myself, my missus, and my father (we were doing some Christmas shopping. I went over and asked what his problem was. He told me that his friend was a Police Officer and had watched me play the machine next door. I had "taken almost £200 out." I told him that in fact I'd lost £30 on it (again the truth). "Well...you should watch yourself....you know....when you go outside." So now I'm getting pretty angry, but I'm trying to hold it together for the sake of the fact my Dad is here, and Magda. I leave it, and catch the manager on the way out. He says he knows I come in to play the machines, and he says that "money has been going missing due to % manipulation. "Significant sums?" I questioned. He wasn't at liberty to say (presumably because its total garbage), but because of the time of year, and the fact that the machines receive heavy play over this period, he has to keep a closer eye on an "suspicious behaviour". I told him I won't play his machines if he wants, he said its fine, but he has to recognise the fact that his regulars (the drunk jealous idiot guy) are also aware of a situation. Obviously it's difficult to argue with small minded people in positions of authority, so I shook his hand and said if he ever changes his mind and doesn't want me to play, just to say.

As I leave the drunk idiot guy is jibing me. Obviously I can't just lamp him or anything like that, as then I'm banned everywhere. So... What to do?
Stick ya key in one eye and fob the other