Weird Annoying Locals

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Noels Beard

Weird Annoying Locals

Post by Noels Beard »

How do we deal with these?

For about a year now I've been dealing with a real life stalker/hate merchant in my local area. Actually I've been dealing with a couple of them. Neither of them are professional players, one is a cluey bar manager; and one is a cluey local drunk.

The more recent experiences have been with the local drunk. Whilst I potter about of a day, I'll frequently bump into him and he'll think nothing of shouting out in the pub: "here he comes.... He's gonna drop the bandit everyone....watch out". When he has approached me and asked me "what I'm up to..." Or "how I do it...?" I'm always honest. I'm not doing anything I say, just playing it. He asks how I get so many jackpots, I reply by saying that I put a lot in. He says he doesn't believe me...I ask how much attention he was paying...he makes a half threatening remark and then vanishes.

Now this came to a head this morning when I was having a piss and he came into the toilet and gave me the same old lines. "You did alright on that didn't you...?" Was the opener. I told him I'd made a pound, the truth. £69 in for £70 out. He didn't believe me... "Why?" I asked. "You're up to something..." He replied. I insisted I wasn't. Next thing he's chatting to the landlord... pointing over at the machine, and gesticulating at myself, my missus, and my father (we were doing some Christmas shopping. I went over and asked what his problem was. He told me that his friend was a Police Officer and had watched me play the machine next door. I had "taken almost £200 out." I told him that in fact I'd lost £30 on it (again the truth). "Well...you should watch yourself....you know....when you go outside." So now I'm getting pretty angry, but I'm trying to hold it together for the sake of the fact my Dad is here, and Magda. I leave it, and catch the manager on the way out. He says he knows I come in to play the machines, and he says that "money has been going missing due to % manipulation. "Significant sums?" I questioned. He wasn't at liberty to say (presumably because its total garbage), but because of the time of year, and the fact that the machines receive heavy play over this period, he has to keep a closer eye on an "suspicious behaviour". I told him I won't play his machines if he wants, he said its fine, but he has to recognise the fact that his regulars (the drunk jealous idiot guy) are also aware of a situation. Obviously it's difficult to argue with small minded people in positions of authority, so I shook his hand and said if he ever changes his mind and doesn't want me to play, just to say.

As I leave the drunk idiot guy is jibing me. Obviously I can't just lamp him or anything like that, as then I'm banned everywhere. So... What to do?
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

just blank them
JG

Post by JG »

You've got to hate the hate merchants. There are a few of them around and punching them one often feels like the quickest and most satisfying answer.

Next time you spot him in the pub make the first move. Insist that he come over and watch you play the machine so he can record money in and money out. Burden him with lots of admin tasks. Thorw some meaningless ones in there, get him to do tallies of how often it gives nudges, for example. Eventually he'll get bored and find something else to hate like black people or people who drive BMWs or some such thing.

On enterting a pub, any pub the first thing I do is bellow out "I AM A PROFESSIONAL FRUIT MACHINE PLAYER!". At this point be prepared to run if an angry person(s) appears with a baseball bat or other weapon. More often than not, they'll reward your honesty with a glass of blackcurrant soda on the house.

Seriously Will I don't know, it's awkward beyond belief. I can totally understand anyone giving up. You've got to be one awkward ebullient sod to keep on in this game. Try the tally thing if you can be bothered. The old CMA rules apply, keep in with the staff, don't worry about the customers.
JG
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Print out some of JG's longer posts and insist that if he reads them properly he will know everything you do. ;)
JG

Post by JG »

Yes that will hopefully send him to sleep, send him loopy or at least shut him up for a few seconds.
JG
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I went in a pub last night for first time in a year or so. Anyway it was a playable. 90 in 210 out. One of the locals walk over just as the banks sat at 200. 'You winning' he shouts. I don't understand why people shout why not just talk. He then clocks the bank before I can collect. 'How much? 200 fucking pound. How did you do it?!' Still shouting. I give him the jibber jabber. Anyway hes that load hes getting all of the locals, barnaid and familys attention. Hes won 200. People are queing up for a look. At this time iv played of remaining credits.i press collect and catch 30-40 at a time. When I stop collecting to pocket the coins he's leaning over and pressing collect so coins are spewing out. I wa dying to just push him and just say fk off I'm playing this. But literally 20-30 people were aware that I had 200 and were looking over. So I just bit my tongue.

I had 3 diffrent people say they had money in and others saying they were gunna go on it. This really does my head in. Then every one was coming out with the most famous 1 liner. 'Drinks on you son'.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Give them the stare of death!
Cobwebs 👆
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

ye when they say drinks on you!!! do what we do, just say can I order a round of tappys for the locals please
justice For The 96
Scott

Post by Scott »

I take it thats slang for tap water?
Cobwebs 👆
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Yeah i think so Scott lol
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

haha yeah!!
justice For The 96
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

if some pissed fool did that too me there was no way i'd be able too keep it together......nothing annoys me more than patrons who go running to the landlord when you win,why not just fill him in problem solved
Jack bauer
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Maybe I'll invite you for an introduction. :-)
lukee1

Post by lukee1 »

titchno1 wrote:I went in a pub last night for first time in a year or so. Anyway it was a playable. 90 in 210 out. One of the locals walk over just as the banks sat at 200. 'You winning' he shouts. I don't understand why people shout why not just talk. He then clocks the bank before I can collect. 'How much? 200 fucking pound. How did you do it?!' Still shouting. I give him the jibber jabber. Anyway hes that load hes getting all of the locals, barnaid and familys attention. Hes won 200. People are queing up for a look. At this time iv played of remaining credits.i press collect and catch 30-40 at a time. When I stop collecting to pocket the coins he's leaning over and pressing collect so coins are spewing out. I wa dying to just push him and just say fk off I'm playing this. But literally 20-30 people were aware that I had 200 and were looking over. So I just bit my tongue.

I had 3 diffrent people say they had money in and others saying they were gunna go on it. This really does my head in. Then every one was coming out with the most famous 1 liner. 'Drinks on you son'.
why let the bank build up to such sum ? if im in a place that's on top a tad i always collect bits at a time and chuck a couple of coins back in just to make it look like a average punter, start arguing with the machine if you must and shake your head ? bit of blending :-)
JG

Post by JG »

Possible, but may have been a straight 210 and he had credits in?
JG