New Beginning

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Oscar wrote:It's very hard to break that cycle, and trust me Will, after all the money that has passed through my hands over the years it was crushing having to resort to minimum wage employment, but I feel better for it and it teaches you the value of money. Ahmad could achieve anything he wanted in life if he put his mind to it. But first he needs to stop gambling.
Yes. I apologise for the way I poked fun at your situation. I often wonder about how I'll react to having to get a job. I've always said that with my CV, I'd never want to work for someone who was willing to employ me!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

This isn't about going skint, its about having just had it with it all. The BSC may think they've won but if they're still alive when they're 50 and doing this then I pity them, no matter how much they save.
tommya

Post by tommya »

One of there older team members lives in newquay think hes already hit his 50s
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

you talking about phil? Hes not 50
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

probably looks it or older - another perk of 'the game'....
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

I met Phil when I was in Newquay a ew weeks back, not to bad of a bloke
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

drink driving scumbag.
Jack bauer
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

I don't know him, I just bumped into him as I spyed a mist but was 11am so when I saw it was being played I knew it was another player lol had a quick chat and carried on
BFK

Post by BFK »

They don't realise what's on their door step!!!!!
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

there is a 'freedom' to giving up gambling.
i no longer go into pubs and check out the machine and people playing it (so much).
i still might watch someone playing the machine, but i'm certainly not choosing what pub to go in because of what machine(s) they have. I'm not counting how much someone is losing on it etc.
When I choose to go to a pub, the machine(s) it has bears no relevance.
I can happily go there and watch football, play pool, have a chat with people etc without having to care about the machine(s).

Has it cost me money giving up playing machines? Probably, money going in/out machines as I have years of experience and I still know most rips/methods.
However, I don't gamble at all, so that means no fobt losses (that were nearly allways 3 or 4 figure losses)

like most on this site, i'm a problem gambler, so moderation isn't the answer for me. full abstinence only, however i did do £1 in a quiz recently and hope it doesn't lead to getting back to my old ways.
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

Well done to u oldschool,seriously!how long have u given up for?
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Real Pro gamer wrote:Well done to u oldschool,seriously!how long have u given up for?
last bet was 28th march this year
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Hi Ruler of the World,

I'm not sure of your situation but playing fruit machines for a living can be very destructive. Any person who gambles for a living will be invariably be missing out on much of what life has to offer. It may be betting on sports, playing poker or fruit machines, it could be anything and it may bring huge fiancial reward, but nearly all will pay the price in terms of how their life evolves. Winning money is just that, a person may get better at winning money and they might even become rich but a partial feeling of emptiness will always remain.

Most of us will have started gambling when we were fairly young and felt it was an exciting thing to do. Most will have been serial losers in their formative years until the realisation that there was potentially some profit to be made from fruit machines which maybe changed the course of one's gambling habit. Instead of losing all the time, the profit from fruit machines would fund other forms of gambling as well as day to day living. Gambling is a dangerous entity full stop as not many people make the effort to understand it, when you do understand gambling and the odds involved you are much less likely to do it. Nearly all gamblers are convinced they can win whether it be poker, horses, football, their mind is saying if you stay disciplined you can win even when it's impossible or their record indicates they can't. The two best ways round this are to understand the type of gambling that's being participated in with the odds involved and also to keep gambling accounts to actually see where you stand with regards to loss/profit. I've put loss first because most will find they are in just that, however there is nothing quite like seeing something in black and white on paper and it can change a stubborn misguided belief that you can win.

A fruit machine player who makes money to fund a gambling habit is really destructive, it's exactly the same as the guy who gets his dole money and puts it through the fobt only a fruit machine player will probably be getting more 'air time' A fruit machine player who doesn't gamble in the true sense will more than likely still have issues with their place in the world and self development as they grow older.

I think there's a few different ways to look at it. When you're young you may be happy to play fruit machines and it fits in with your life quite nicely. The main concern is having some money joined together with freedom and enjoyment. This is fine but I believe there is probably quite a lot of fruit machine players who will be stifled by it as they progress into their 30s & 40s. The likelyhood is that some wouldn't be doing much with their lives if they weren't playing machines but I think there's a fair percentage who quite likely would be and this is where they could be missing out. A professional gambler does not have a purpose in the greater scheme of things, they simply develop an edge to fund their pockets and when the pockets become full the holy grail will still elude them.

It's a big step to make a change in life but I think a change would do many of us so much good and help our lives immensely. Gambling is very much like a drug and I'm not sure what percentage of people come out the other side but I'd imagine it's quite low. I'd suggest looking 20 years down the line and having a vision of what you're doing or what your role is in society. I think personal & mental development is a must in life and being a very successful gambler will certainly not tick all the boxes. I think I'll always have a strong interest in gambling but I do hope to push it to a profitable hobby in the next 5 years and begin a new journey that my mind is now craving for.
BFK

Post by BFK »

When u were playing Machine X's?????
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Playing fruit machines is like making love to a beautiful woman..