Gambling Nation

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Sixbomb

Post by Sixbomb »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:Michael McIntyre, well yes he would churn out the same crap, but at least it would be a bit more edgy and in depth.
That screechy-voiced, fast-walking alleged comedian? He might as well try documentaries because he sure ain't funny.
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

i should've been on that programme ffs! the "random number generator" doesn't just pick a number from 0-36. if that was how it worked, the bookies could go skint every day of the week.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

And the Lizard Raworth assumes gambling causes Heart attacks.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Sixbomb wrote:That screechy-voiced, fast-walking alleged comedian? He might as well try documentaries because he sure ain't funny.
Donal MacIntyre, PMSL I knew who I ment
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

Sophie gets my juices flowing :)
Mr x Mr Y
Roll_With_It_Russ

anonamouse wrote:i should've been on that programme ffs! the "random number generator" doesn't just pick a number from 0-36. if that was how it worked, the bookies could go skint every day of the week.
how can you go skint laying £500/£100 with an edge of 2.3%?... mathmatically impossible when you have such a large network.. yes you could go bust operating a few machines, but not on a large scale over a long period.
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

In theory you could win £500 every spin. do you honestly think that there isn't 3 million lines of code to ensure that that can never happen, but still pass any known test of randomness?
Roll_With_It_Russ

anonamouse wrote:In theory you could win £500 every spin. do you honestly think that there isn't 3 million lines of code to ensure that that can never happen, but still pass any known test of randomness?
Right you can not technically win every spin, you can experience times where you will have periods of high frequency of wins... if you are staking £100, then you could "win" £400 a go many times on the trot, but some where along the road you will experience a run of misses slighty greater losing spells.

its with mathmatical certainty you can not be lucky enough to win every spin, the chance each spin, yes it is the same.

bit like saying I can roll a dice to a six every time, yes the 6 is there, but you can be assured you could roll many times with out a 6... as well as rolling several 6s on the trot.
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

if it was random, there would be cases publicised where punters have "randomly" won £500 10-20-30 times in a row. forget millions to 1, each spin is 37/1. it will never happen on an FOBT because THEY ARE COMPENSATED!!! if they weren't, why wouldn't they have 1 single REAL wheel feeding the result to EACH machine in EACH shop all over the country?

because 99% of punters are getting fucked up the arse, and 1% are going home with their readies, less the rake off.

i will now start a poll on the government site to request this change in the law, let's see what the cnuts have to say about it!
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

for a start;

"Thank you for e-mailing Panorama. Because of the number of e-mails we receive we are unable to reply to all of them, although they are all read.
For more information on Panorama programmes and related links please refer to the website http://www.bbc.co.uk/panorama
The Panorama team"
Roll_With_It_Russ

i've seen punters go a £100 spins and win the whole marque of numbers, winning around 2-3k... play long enough and it will happen.

to get a £500 win every spin you could only pick 7 numbers, one of which would be paying slightly less.

doing just 7 numbers you can expect to get regular losing runs in double figures and losing 30+spins on the trot would not be unusual.

The biggest edge the betting shop has is the stake range, limit and prize cap.

I'm not sure how you want the law to change?

You can play live feed roulette at the home in front of the tv, but put this in the betting shop and had a spin every two mins, the turnover would drop since a 20sec spin is now taking 6 times longer.

If they where compensated then why not take advantage? like any compensated game, there will be times it can be beaten.
Roll_With_It_Russ

anonamouse wrote:for a start;

"Thank you for e-mailing Panorama. Because of the number of e-mails we receive we are unable to reply to all of them, although they are all read.
For more information on Panorama programmes and related links please refer to the website http://www.bbc.co.uk/panorama
The Panorama team"
why waste your time contacting that clueless bunch, they put an example of somone who was losing upto £500 a day on scratch cards... somthing paying out 65% with such a high varience product would crush any one who made a choice to gamble that way very very quickly.
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote: like any compensated game, there will be times it can be beaten.
it can cost a few quid to work out when it's paying out, especially when it's set to 3/4 grand!

my point is, everyone would have an equal chance if they were random; that is not the case as horror stories tell us all.
anonamouse

Post by anonamouse »

"
Thank you for contacting Panorama and apologies for the automated response. As you can hopefully appreciate, we receive hundreds of emails everyday. We can, however, assure you that every one is read.

If your email requires a response bear with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible."
Roll_With_It_Russ

anonamouse wrote:it can cost a few quid to work out when it's paying out, especially when it's set to 3/4 grand!

my point is, everyone would have an equal chance if they were random; that is not the case as horror stories tell us all.
where ever you get winners there will be those that will of lost equal or slightly more, long term the mathmatical edge you can not overcome, if you can't understand that then thats common amoug many of the population who can't understand figures.

some of the general public are so stupid they have gambled their entire income and savings on property, using interest only mortages, they took out these mortages and i've been reading stories that they did not understand they where still liable for the full amount at the end of the loan agreement.

teaching algerbra and crap like that in maths at school, should be teaching the stuff that you come across in everyday life, thing is its not in the elites interest to educate people is this fashion, because it is the source of all their wealth.