A serious question so serious answers pls!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

In work getting paid ;)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

eastangliapro wrote:repeat program lee..........
hardly what you would called chipped though ,,,,,,,,,,,, could be awkward at times , but still do-able ,

prefer steely's version lol ,,,,,,,,,,
Little discipline = BIG issue

thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I have had this idea betch, mates pub just bang an old piece of shit in. ie crazy chair ect split it down the middle, or 60 40 if you can.
Cf

Post by Cf »

This is something i've considered a few times. I decided 4 machines is a nice number. In the end I settled on:

Banker Rings Twice - Casuals seem to like this. Not entirely sure why. But it takes money quickly and is relatively player proof, except for cashpot chasing, and that can sting players. I chose BRT over Gold as BRT builds to £70 on 25p. As lots of casuals play on 25p it increases the chance of the machine having a decent pot to go for.

Perfect Deal - You just have to have this? As ob says I've also seen pubs where perfect has survived multiple machine swaps. It has stuff going on for casuals, and the hot money cob means there's a chance for them to at least spawn a win.

Bank Job - Another machine that as far as I can tell is simply printing money.

PG/Platinum/BoxClever/CrazyChair/Let'sPlay - Any of the ones on the left. They offer a "fair" game compared to the above. i.e. they'll open the game more often as there's no particular method on them. Makes them a decent casual machine. And they're vaguely playable too if you catch them in a decent mood.

I don't think you want a pub to be player proof entirely. You want your casuals playing the machines but you won't make a huge amount off them alone. This is where you need some players in. But you don't want the players winning so much such that the casuals never play. So there's some kind of balance needed. I think the above does it nicely.
thecannonball89

The best machines have to be those reflex things with cashpots. i would go for an old dond tho as evryone likes noel.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Do you need some sort of license for this or just bang them in?
thecannonball89

Yeah, But i know a few pubs that dont have, and they get away with it.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

thecannonball89 wrote:Yeah, But i know a few pubs that dont have, and they get away with it.
its alrite until u get caught, thats the problem isnt it
thecannonball89

Yeah i dont know what would happen probly a big fine.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

How big tho?
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I think they usually just seize the machine
ms1303

Post by ms1303 »

thecannonball89 wrote:The best machines have to be those reflex things with cashpots. i would go for an old dond tho as evryone likes noel.
was thinking the same that new reflex 'alices wonderland' is terrible, not to bad giving dond but seems like it cant give a 70 or cashpot box
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

local authority enforces, if your local authority does not have anyone dealing with it then it very hard to get caught
7-10-2-7-LOSE

Post by 7-10-2-7-LOSE »

In my opinion you would want an unchipped LTD. When i say unchipped i dont mean emptiable i just mean question mark free.

Why?

Simple, player A comes in for doors and doubles her for a £60 profit.

2 hours later, player B comes in and goes through the process again. Might break even.

2 hours later Player C comes in and its through again. Loss

3 hours later a casual cobs a £60 box and is over the moon

2 hours later player D comes in and gets his arse ripped off. Big loss.

I'd say Live The Dreams were cashbox kings when question mark free.
Cf

Post by Cf »

I agree, i'd happily site an unchipped LTD in most instances. In a city centre spoons they must have made an absolute fortune from them.

I can see why some smaller pubs would rather have something non-playable though.