The pensioners!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Glendale

The pensioners!

Post by Glendale »

One for the "oldies" ! What money will we be entitled to when we "retire"? Little, or no, stamp paid and i doubt the pension will still be about inside the next few years! Hide our savings and get a machine in the old folks home i guess!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

There's a nudge double up deluxe in heaven. All wins over 50p paid in tokens lol !!!!!
Roulette free since December 2011.
quizard

Post by quizard »

At present the guarenteed income you receive as pension credit is £137.35 a week for a single person plus maximum entitlement to housing and council tax benefit plus other bits and pieces like winter fuel allowence. To receive that at age 65 you do not have to have ever paid a single national insurance credit or paid a penny in income tax. It is means tested so any other income or capital above a threshhold can reduce it, but overall you should not be worse off that that.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

This is a very difficult one with the outlook so uncertain, but in real terms there is no doubt that it will dwindle from today's figure. Pressures such as increasing world population, scarce energy supply and 20 years of lax boarder control will see to that. The authorities haven't even admitted that this is a depression, as opposed to a recession.

quizard: I remember reading a while back that you were moving to Australia - did you get there?

I intend to give this some serious consideration before I turn 35 when the points start to tick down.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

It's very much up for debate that anyone in their 20's now will be getting anything from the government at 65, with the way life expectancy is going, could quite easily be 67 or even 70 in 2050.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Euphanasia, work till you drop,capital punishment.

2 out of 3 at least within 30 years, mark my words.
spa

Post by spa »

Can't see them taking it away.
quizard

Post by quizard »

When I was at school the accepted wisdom was that the increase in real wealth brought about by technology would mean everyone would be able to retire earlier and work less hours. That increase in real wealth has been realised -- the UK is richer now that it ever has been. But we are now expected to work longer. Most of this extra wealth created seems to have gone on providing for about 8m people of working age to do nothing and live and be housed at the tax payers expense.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

mr lugsy wrote:Euphanasia, work till you drop,capital punishment.

2 out of 3 at least within 30 years, mark my words.
The powers that be will make God like decisions on our lives - in the future - mark my words.
Mr x Mr Y
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

like "logans run" but better clothes?
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

all pro slotters are fucked pretty much
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

fuck it, brasses cars music and parties who needs a careers and a pension!!! sure il find a key up extreme in a cafe somewere when im 65
justice For The 96
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

anfield road wrote:fuck it, brasses cars music and parties who needs a careers and a pension!!! sure il find a key up extreme in a cafe somewere when im 65
Haha
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

To quote my favourite band:
I'll take the TGV to Zurich and jump off the roof of Dignitas