FOBT KO

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Simo7

FOBT KO

Post by Simo7 »

Not long ago
Went in Corals started playing the roulette backing singles and splits no evens bets at all. Just looking to land numbers basically. Got up about 70 quid started building up the bets focusing on 17 and 20 just whacking chips down all round those two numbers. Any profit quickly ran out had about 200 quid on me started whacking 20s in chasing 17 and 20. Gave up on 20 split a few quid over from 17 but was mainly just focusing on 17.
Id lost it - my money as well as any rational sense just wanted to get my number in . And chasing the losses now to 200 gone asked some lad to look after it clocked the number history. Went home had bout 3 fags on the way got 650 quid I had. And went on for ages went down to 80 quid. By this time I was maxing 17 and putting 2 tenners on random numbers. A tenner on 6 came in carried on with 17 for a few more spins and it dropped in. Dint have max on it though as I was just putting shit loads of quids on 17 and other chips round it got nearly 500 though. Eventually left the machine with a 840 quid ticket. Very relieved after nearly blowing a large amount of money. Cashed in and dint even dare walk past a bookies for a couple of days.
Then bang I go in a Ladbrokes and do the lot in same story running home to get more cash. End up skint. Borrow 80 give up on roulette that goes straight through RR. Bookies shuts go home nearly a grand down thinking of all the nice things I could have done or bought with the money.
had 150 in an online account blow that on roulette in about 5 spins never wagered online roulette on those stakes before and I wont be taking it up as a hobby!
So one day thousand pounds blown to bookies. Im just imagining all these fat cats drinking cocktails in a nice sunny tax haven. While im thinking about what the hell I can do to get back up the next day.

Bad times - my fault dumb move why I did it dont know I got lucky the first time and shouldve remembered how not fun it was and how close I came to busting out but I WENT BACK for more and this time there was no lucky ending.

Since then I lost about 5 grand on Roulette and slots Rainbow Riches knowing all about them and why they are not worth touching. I still persisted in playing them and really recklessly to.
So in this little gambling haze I lost 5k roughly might be more or less as I stopped keeping a track. Had Silver twice and Bronze more never a gold pot some decent roll ins and 5 wells in Ladbrokes and thats it. On a few decent wins I was shares with people to.
Just depressing times really complete losses and caused a lot of problems.
Ban Em!
ruthl3ss

O

Post by ruthl3ss »

You related to Jpm?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Could of been worse.

You could of played darts with me last night. Ur losses are small fry compared to what I dropped. Silly really as by 9.00 I couldn't even see the fucking board.

I need to give up drinking more than gambling.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

BFK wrote:Could of been worse.

You could of played darts with me last night. Ur losses are small fry compared to what I dropped. Silly really as by 9.00 I couldn't even see the fucking board.

HaHa not again.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Roulette free since December 2011.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Simo7

Post by Simo7 »

Cheers for the reply's just posted up that little experience I had as read through the forum and could see there were plenty of clued up guys on here. I know theres been plenty of fobt moans on here.
But whats shocked me most is how dragged in I let myself be by these machines I know what I can earn off and what I carnt. And I chose to waste a lot of time on roulette and the 500 slots. Id tell people to avoid them like the plague and then go lose on them myself BUT I still dont want to give up feel the 500s owe me and want some return - so chasing I still am
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Simo, get a few passport size photos done and self-exclude form the bookies. You won't win it back.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I have always said I won't get into fobt. So far so good but its a lot easier said than done.

I feel for people that end up in a sticky mess over these nasty things. Some people end up worse off than others, I would hate to think the worst case scenario tho.

If iread right then u stated u no what's you can and can't win on, that's just like me but I think it happens to some people because on a fruit if ya take it out early etc its a case of beeting the machine you not arsed bowt losing. If you get this feeling with roulette I no I would its gunna be harsh!

Anyway like harry said exlude yourself that's your best bet.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Roulette is plain boring in my book - it's stories like the above that make me glad I hate FOBTs.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

BFK wrote:Could of been worse.

so are you saying you lost ,,,,,,,,,, much more than 5k in a darts match ???

thats a story we gotta hear
Little discipline = BIG issue

stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

Self exclude, and stop posting on this forum. Stories, whether true or not, will only temp you into returning to them (which you've already admitted you have done).

Say you work full time (37.5 hours) for £8 per hour, and you're not self employed, so you're paying your taxes whether you like it or not.

You're bottom line is £1080 per month.

You've done nearly 5 months wages.

Saving 10% of your income per month will take you almost 4 years to get your £5,000 back.

The most you'll win in one spin is £500. How often have you ever done that? Have you ever heard of anyone winning that twice in one session, or 3 times?

Stop today, or it will be too late.