Big Tonys Poker

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
holdthebells

Big Tonys Poker

Post by holdthebells »

Found this on a night out last night.
£70 Jackpot found it very boring.
Anyone else played?
How did you get on?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

not seen one of them .

did walk into pub the other day , and seen a dond gold , on like a large double plasma screen with blue neon around it ,,,,,,,,, looked smart , would like one at home ( if the games are interchangeable etc ) ,,,,,,,,, bet they cost a packet though
Little discipline = BIG issue

quizard

Post by quizard »

I saw one at EAG but never bothered having a go. How does it work to keep within Cat C?
Cf

Post by Cf »

Good timing as I saw one of these tonight and wasn't sure what it was!

Thought fat tony or whatever he's called looked like a very shady character. The way he dealt himself 2 cards, looked at them, and gave the camera a cheeky wink didn't instil me with confidence that this was a fair game! Then he dealt 5 cards and they happened to make a royal flush!

Well. I pretty much had to have a go at this point. Except the machine wasn't accepting any coins. So I guess I'll never know.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

three years ago, there was a stand full of them at AGEi
The £500 version was very good. I spend over an hour playing a single game against it, while talking in depth to the team behind it.

Never played the Cat C version though
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

spoons near me trialed a sit down entertainment version of it, no winnings in cash, just pay a quid and play up to 6 players

great while having a pint or three, saves dealing any cards..

lasted about 3 months and they got rid though..

id be interested to see one working on cat c
holdthebells

Post by holdthebells »

It basically starts out as a normal video poker, 5 cards dealt hold what you want then a second draw. Wins are £1 for jacks or better and two pair, £2 for three of a kind, £5 for straight or flush, £10 for full house, £20 four of a kind, £70 for royal flush.
Any win of £5 or more can be exchanged for a heads up hold em game against big T himself which you try and keep winning till you cash out if get to £70!
Highest I got to was £15 off a fiver!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

can you collect the fifteen? or is it shit or bust?

on a percentage controlled game, this'd be pretty good, possibly?
quizard

Post by quizard »

The question is, is the HU part of the game fixed or true skill? I suppose it could be true skill if they are able to control the percentage by manipulating the first part. I wonder what the payout % is? Cat C shouldn't it be 78%+ ?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

the HU game seemed pretty straight up when I played it at the show.
You could bluff Big Tony and get it past and you could catch it bluffing by making good calls in marginal situations.

They had a little team of jobbing pro players work on it I believe, to develop a realistic range of playing styles and a pretty strong over all strategy.