Who Worked Out Which Tricks & Emptiers

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
john32

Who Worked Out Which Tricks & Emptiers

Post by john32 »

Does anybody know who worked out which trick & emptiers in the past 25 years.

I think Marc Moore & Eddie from Southend worked out P1 whats in your box 3 months before any of us were playing them. :shock: :P :roll:
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

I expect some like Cabin Fever were found by people wanting to kill off bad boards. I don't know how the others could have been done, but it's purely a matter of guesswork or industry intel, what I think.
Oli

Post by Oli »

I imagine the most likely situations are (in no particular order):

1. Deliberately coded by the developers, and then sold to their contacts.

2. Deliberately coded by the developers who use it themselves to earn extra £. Some players sharking may figure out the trick. (I imagine many of the developers / engineers are players themselves? Maybe they share with colleagues and one of them leaks?)

3. You can stumble across them. I discovered a really crap rip years ago, that was just based on a suspicion I had from playing the machines. If you put the investiment in 'testing' the machine its not beyond reality that you would find most of the ones that we now know. As tatty said, things like PP superhold you can likely discover just from playing the machine normally...
streaky bacon?
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

If you know a mate running a pub you can sit off with him testing every new fruit that hits the market for weeks but might not find even a shitty rip from a tight one. Experienced guys know exactly what to look out for and how to test them thoroughly, like changing stakes constantly, looking to make sure the machine records the win from every possible feature etc.

John32, no offence mate, but could you please stop making threads about emptiers from the 1930's and about how your good mate drop dead fred discoverd the rip for his mothers eggy farts, it's getting really boring mate.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Everyone knows that all Emptys/Rips originate from.......... Tony in Oxford

:lol:
Oli

Post by Oli »

Can someone please explain the Tony from Oxford joke? It crops up everywhere but I dont understand it!
streaky bacon?
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

From what I gather Oli, Tony from Oxford is a ficticious guy and people use him to take the piss out of someone who claims to have top boy contacts but will not reveal who they supposedly are, but the joke is getting shitter everyday like the why did the chicken cross the road thing or knock knock.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

streakseims wrote:Everyone knows that all Emptys/Rips originate from.......... Tony in Oxford

Of course, these ones are the ones he allows us to have!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Real top boy,what legends are made of ,and probably doing one of your hits while you was typing that post.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Tony from Oxford has been officially smoked by me. I tracked him down about 20 minutes ago and said "AY, YOU'RE THE MYSTERIOUS FUCKER WHO KEEPS LEAVING ALL THE FRUITIES IN MY AREA ON IOU'S, AND I FOR ONE AM PISSED OFF WITH YOU." I then bundled the little shit into the back of my boot and taped his clever little mouth shut. Tune in tomorrow for part two of "What ever happend to Tony from Oxford". :shock:
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Tony from oxford is the chuck norris of the fruit machine world, nuff said.

deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

clarkey1984 wrote:Tony from oxford is the chuck norris of the fruit machine world, nuff said.

Was the Chuck Norris of the fruit machine world :D RIP big T, you were a REEL legend.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

some empties or rips are from straightforward bad programming... shortcutting to save time (copy and pasting from other machines etc)

king kebab.... no win value attached to barcode meaning no retriction on the features

special brew/ just the ticket... no coding at the end of an im to switch off the im, instead it was triggered as a non im board and killed off the no-loses

snake rattle roll (etc) jazzy reel alignment/spin on canceling superhold, simple cut and paste from the nudge coding ment you could nudge when the hold buttons were lit

money laundery.... hi lo gambles not blocked if it didnt pose an advantage.. probably coded in to allow better gameplay, the machine not thinking two steps ahead means you hit blocks hard but only when you push it, although then canceling ment it could spin to a 1 or a 12 (which is why it could take 2 or 3 minutes to get the right number)

power 5, holding the button stuttered the keypresses on the other buttons "wedging" it onto the first bonus on the screen.. (possibly viable explanation)

others come to mind, but these are the most likely to have been programming errors...
john32

Post by john32 »

Great post spyder, you know your stuff, did you work for bell fruit in the past, are you Tony from Oxford St, i myself work out loads of emptiers, i have been working out rips, methods, emptiers for the past 12 years, but mostly i can improve on empties when a fruit machine have multiple tricks.
I normaly work out 2 tricks, methods per year.
The real john 32 is a super professional & if he worked for a fruit machine company, he would probally be on a better salery than most fruit machine professionals.
John 32 works 24/7 365 per year. :wink: :P 8)
john32

Post by john32 »

There are too many wanabe professionals in the uk, most of them will never work out a trick in there lives, then you have the ones that pay mega money for new emptiers, others buy tricks then sell them on,
Then there are the few that work out there own tricks, ' i am 0.1 percent of the few that can work out his own tricks' i have a very small group of contacts too.
John 32 knows too much. :shock: 8)