How do you handle a big loss?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Stevie S

How do you handle a big loss?

Post by Stevie S »

Just wondering what techniques people use to ease the pain of a nasty days punting, you know, them days when you know every lower than an 11 will be 12 and the roulette lands on the only number you didn't cover lol. I like to just go home and get 16 beers, a beef curry with chips, fried rice, sweet and sour sauce, portion of prawn crackers and throw a Lee Evans dvd on.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

And I don't want to hear anyone say they never lose or I will kick you in the balls :lol: :lol:
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Haven't had a losing day for >1 year, but get bad hits like anyone does.

Usually it just motivates me more to come home with a profit. Keeping discipline is key in these situations!
Bored of the grind.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Yeah its very rare to have a losing day on a fruit run, Ive had quite a few where youve just about scraped a few quid after expenses.

But unlike the real disciplined boys(not the bullshitters who claim never to lose) I do like a dabble in other forms of gambling, purely just for that reason, its a gamble. I'm not talking big bucks here, but plenty of football doubles/trebles etc, the odd horse, and admittedly the odd brain out on a B3 or roulette/blackjack. But even a big loss on the aforementioned wouldnt make me lose any sleep, its annoying at the time, but you just pick urself up and work that little bit harder over the next week to recover the situation.

I love having friendly(ish) games of cards with ur mates down the pub or back at someones house, my life does not just revolve around playing fruit machines as often as possible and then goin to bed thinkin where I'm gonna slot tomorrow. Thats nerd like and boring. You need to have a social life, mine is mostly down the pub with my mates admittedly!!!
AMK

Post by AMK »

Usually just book a holiday when I get stressed lol. But not booking anymore for a while as I didn't end up going last week lol. :o
... Join The Party!
BFK

Post by BFK »

Why? Brains on a Winwall? Ur due one!!!!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

BFK- I like you mate, all of your posts directly answer questions and you are one of very few who don't bullshit or come across like you are hustling for something. You are one of the best posters on here and I just wish a few more were like that mate. :wink:
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I never make a loss worse by going into the bookies ect. just call it off as a bad day and start fresh the next.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

I only gamble with disposable income, usually £20/week. I win a lot of that back but still end up losing in the long run - to around £200/year. If I'm on a losing streak, then consider that as DVDs that I would have bought but are now on the backburner.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
harry2

Post by harry2 »

£200 a year, quite commendable. I done about £5k last year lol.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Thanks Harry :-) While I do lose big time on the £70ers, I tend to get a lot of it back at the fairground arcades.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

I don't know why, but I buy more things! If I win, I'm determined to hoard the cash but after a losing day I treat myself and incur more expense! I'll either just take it on the chin, or use the fact that I'm already spending cash to go and spend more but not on gambling. Like last time I took a 40 hit in a Mega DOND, I decided I'd get myself some books I liked, and a Pink Floyd mug, and a DVD as a gift for someone else. Funny how the mind works sometimes
My discipline in all ways is absolutely awful, I'll play any machine and not care about the state or what it's showing etc. I just want some fun and some money is a bonus. But that 40 in the mega dond wasnt fun so that's why I stuck on it and lost
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:I don't know why, but I buy more things! If I win, I'm determined to hoard the cash but after a losing day I treat myself and incur more expense! I'll either just take it on the chin, or use the fact that I'm already spending cash to go and spend more but not on gambling. Like last time I took a 40 hit in a Mega DOND, I decided I'd get myself some books I liked, and a Pink Floyd mug, and a DVD as a gift for someone else. Funny how the mind works sometimes
Yeah I see what you are saying there, it's probaly becouse you want to make the money you lost look like you have spent it more correctly
blackmogu

Re: How do you handle a big loss?

Post by blackmogu »

Stevie S wrote:Just wondering what techniques people use to ease the pain of a nasty days punting, you know, them days when you know every lower than an 11 will be 12 and the roulette lands on the only number you didn't cover lol. I like to just go home and get 16 beers, a beef curry with chips, fried rice, sweet and sour sauce, portion of prawn crackers and throw a Lee Evans dvd on.
If I lose a great deal (happens about twice a year) I just tell the wife. The pain she deals out soon makes me forget the pain of the loss !
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I lost 180 today :( . I went somewhere new played a few new machines having A bIt brain out on them. Wasn't doing bad until I fkd up. My fault lol, horrible. Was wound up at the time but now at work picking the other half up after work. she will cheer me up when I explain lol. I also found 4 electrcoins, 1 was a tv screen 1 a don't no if there are any good. I don't play this as never tryed iv seen others hit skill and I can do like the reel stepper feature but don't realy want to rely on this. When I found these they were all on good numbers. If some one is up the north east I will happily take you round. I also bought a drink in a pub for a juicer, she says don't you play my fruit machine. Well i guess it wasn't really my day. Live to punt another day!