Holding reels

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Thanks guys :-) Had the machine in a local Shipley's some 3½ years ago. They didn't have it for long though, perhaps because of aforementioned emptier lol :D
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

....or the fact that they get done all the time! I still know of a couple about (not close to me, mind....but they're still there.)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

gambogaz1 wrote:Since when do you get a reel win that you have to exchange for the feature on a dial ?Like scott says, sounds like they're playing for the ladder.
i didnt read much further than the 1st post. yeah, think red or summat?
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Mattb wrote:....or the fact that they get done all the time! I still know of a couple about (not close to me, mind....but they're still there.)

I have one within a 5 minute drive
I have been to it a few times and its been full with coins in the bottom a day before refill :shock:
I could say 99% certain no one else has found it
Not in a pub or arcade
Small supplier too ive never heard of em

It turned up begining of December
dorkins

Post by dorkins »

there is definitely no number trail. you just go up through the ladder and can exchange for the feature. what i was wondering was if i fail to hold any telephones when they come in will it drop a win or three straight phones???
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

what you hold pretty much makes no difference..

im gonna get slated for saying this, but it hardly does..

most machines will reguarly drop in a reflex of a win or a board due to "user-friendlyness" nature of the game...

sometimes it might be an advantage to wait for it... club machines inparticular will do this when ready to board instead of holding...
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Still got change over dials, even found a slow change over last year. was full and ahead.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

What do you mean "Reflex of a win or board"? I do agree in some ways when you say holding makes no difference. Especially on lower Jackpots where holding does nothing, and the wins normally are nudged or rolled in. It's about 60% enticement for me. Sometimes though I don't know what to do. For instance, Astra, held Xs once, got nudges and got in the 3rd. On the other hand, held Xs, then changed my mind and cancelled them, in roll bars!
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Although not Bellfruit but still on-topic - one machine I've learnt never to hold is Vivid's Quick on the Draw £5 version. Like Tattybojangles said, wins are usually nudged or rolled in.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Spyder: No reason to get slated mate, as you're pretty much right. OK, some machines (particularly Vivids) this would matter, but generally, it's just to give you the feeling that you have some control over what rolls in, when in theory, you have dick.

How many times have you not held a reel only to see it roll in the same fruit / position anyway? I've noticed it a lot before...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Eventually it will slow roll a board in with phones in view or a low win. Most bellfruits do this if they go X amount without a feature (IE Power 5 was £12/£13)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"